This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you turn a Deity down?

It depends on the deity and whether or not they feel they've got a right to you. Some are pushier than others, and some feel that they have a right of ownership due to something that may have happened in the past.

In general though, ignoring a deity is never a good plan. Polite refusals are what I would go with, and scale up from there as necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      I would pick up the phone and refuse respectfully. But maybe the deity doesn't want to work with you, but to warn you about something.
      That's a thought. Maybe the answer isn't to say no right away but to talk to them about it, open up for negotiations haha.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_mc View Post
        That's a thought. Maybe the answer isn't to say no right away but to talk to them about it, open up for negotiations haha.
        It also depends on the god / goddess. As a Kemetic I must not turn my back to any god because of shame or fear. That's why I won't run away from Loki, Hades, Susano (for instance) or any other deity.
        If it's a god I have never worked with, I will be wary of what the god offers. But if it's Djehuty, or Bast (whom I am really grateful), and I know they won't harm me, then my answer will be: "YES YES YES!!!". But it's worth it to think about the offer anyway.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
        X