This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a luck spell?

All I have is a green candle. What I was thinking was carving a word pertaining to what i want good luck with into it, lighting it, concentrating on my goal and then letting it burn out. But a lot of sites say stuff about anointing it and using these herbs and those stones and lighting it for x number of days and now I'm thinking my spell wont work. Advice?

Re: Advice on a luck spell?

My advice: always be practical. A spell is about intent; all the rest is window dressing. If a green candle is what you have on hand, use it. Dress the candle or don't, doesn't really make a lot of difference. Carving into the candle simply helps you to focus your intent, and that (focusing your intent) is what powers any spell.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_mc View Post
      All I have is a green candle. What I was thinking was carving a word pertaining to what i want good luck with into it, lighting it, concentrating on my goal and then letting it burn out. But a lot of sites say stuff about anointing it and using these herbs and those stones and lighting it for x number of days and now I'm thinking my spell wont work. Advice?
      Pretty much what Rick said. All that stuff *may* helo to focus your intent, it may not. Use what will help you to focus. Don't be put off my nincompoops on the internet telling you the 'proper' way to do things. There is no proper way.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thank you both. I was overthinking it. I went ahead with the spell the way i had planned it and it worked like a charm!

Comment

The only advice I can give is to spend a little time praying to the deity you work with, believe in yourself by 10000% and do what you need to do.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you both. I was overthinking it. I went ahead with the spell the way i had planned it and it worked like a charm!
            Good work
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Very good! I'm glad you managed to do it!
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you both very much! :^^:

Comment

Working...
                X