This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this group on the up and up?

Not sure what I'm at liberty to say, but the leader assured me they're on the up and up and all of their info is publicly visable on their site. I'm liking the free servitor offer for students, and although I was raised by propaganda to fear anything that's referred to as demonic, I've been learning that demonic =/= evil, and angels and demons are both on the same team, and are there to assist others.

Anyone have any experience with this group, or any groups like it? I would love being able to raise a servitor to become a powerful ally, but I feel like I would be tampering with forces that humanity shouldn't be tampering with. But maybe that's just my old prejudice and fear talking.

Anyways, here's the site. Link removed by moderation staff
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 06 Sep 2014, 20:05.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Is this group on the up and up?

*walks into site*

*cringes*

My first, second, third and fourth thoughts on looking at it are snake oil.

My fifth is to hunt down an Ordo Hereticus pic that I can link properly.

Maybe someone else will have a more benevolent view.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The person (or persons) who came up with that site sound like a bunch of goofballs. Not something I would trust.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
        Not sure what I'm at liberty to say, but the leader assured me they're on the up and up and all of their info is publicly visable on their site. I'm liking the free servitor offer for students, and although I was raised by propaganda to fear anything that's referred to as demonic, I've been learning that demonic =/= evil, and angels and demons are both on the same team, and are there to assist others.

Anyone have any experience with this group, or any groups like it? I would love being able to raise a servitor to become a powerful ally, but I feel like I would be tampering with forces that humanity shouldn't be tampering with. But maybe that's just my old prejudice and fear talking.

Anyways, here's the site. Link Removed by moderation staff
        I try to be very open-minded when it comes to things such as this, but my alarm bells are going off, and not just because their site is hosted on a freebie web-host...

They're indicating the abbreviation of their name as the​ O∴A∴A∴ as, IMHO, an attempt to lend credence to their legitimacy as a recognised Occult group by emulating Crowley's A∴A∴.

I can't seem to find this information on the "free servitor" you're describing, but that in and of itself is a big no-no. Servitors are generally artificial entities created by the magician in order to serve him during ritual or for essentially any other purpose he commands. They are generated by a person - and to be granted a "free servitor" sounds to me as though you are receiving an entity, masquerading as a familiar spirit, created by who-knows and programmed to do who-knows-what. In fact, you may not be getting anything at all other than a free piece of paper registering your servitor with the International Servitor Kennel Club. But do you really think it's smart to accept a potential spy or predatory entity as a gift when you know nada about who created it and where it came from? Servitors should always be created by you - and if you want specifics about how to do this, I can help you with that. Don't get yourself into a mess.

And the courses...lol $375 for what is probably a generic Moodle course about magick that I could write in my sleep.

I also had to lol about the $3000 for a customised ritual you can purchase. If they're so amazing at securing money for other people, why can't they afford their own domain name for their website?

As Masked One commented, it's got "snake oil" written all over it. I can assure you NOT on the up-and-up.
        Last edited by MaskedOne; 06 Sep 2014, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          I try to be very open-minded when it comes to things such as this, but my alarm bells are going off, and not just because their site is hosted on a freebie web-host...

They're indicating the abbreviation of their name as the​ O∴A∴A∴ as, IMHO, an attempt to lend credence to their legitimacy as a recognised Occult group by emulating Crowley's A∴A∴.

I can't seem to find this information on the "free servitor" you're describing, but that in and of itself is a big no-no. Servitors are generally artificial entities created by the magician in order to serve him during ritual or for essentially any other purpose he commands. They are generated by a person - and to be granted a "free servitor" sounds to me as though you are receiving an entity, masquerading as a familiar spirit, created by who-knows and programmed to do who-knows-what. In fact, you may not be getting anything at all other than a free piece of paper registering your servitor with the International Servitor Kennel Club. But do you really think it's smart to accept a potential spy or predatory entity as a gift when you know nada about who created it and where it came from? Servitors should always be created by you - and if you want specifics about how to do this, I can help you with that. Don't get yourself into a mess.

And the courses...lol $375 for what is probably a generic Moodle course about magick that I could write in my sleep.

I also had to lol about the $3000 for a customised ritual you can purchase. If they're so amazing at securing money for other people, why can't they afford their own domain name for their website?

As Masked One commented, it's got "snake oil" written all over it. I can assure you NOT on the up-and-up.
          Yikes! Didn't see the fees, I was too entranced by the possibilities. Also, he says his group is an Illuminati group, although not part of the 13 ruling elite families, and they're their own autonomous group which is only interested in self empowerment. Gonna email him back and tell him "thanks but no thanks". Also, does anyone know someone who can legitimately teach me how to open my chakras, achieve Godhood (I know there's at least one member who has similar belief, forgot his name), and create servitors for free or a small fee? (I don't mind paying a small fee for honest work, but $3k is WAY too much)

Comment

Update: He keeps emailing me telling me to not be afraid, and anyone who tells me to be cautious doesn't know what they're talking about, and other things. I emailed him back telling him that he may prefer the fast, risky way to power, but I would rather take the slow and safe way, and that I actually have no aspirations to be better than anyone else, just successful. I'm worried that he may try something, I kinda worded my last email a bit harshly, told him I was really scared that he didn't once remind me that magick can be dangerous, and it seemed to me like he doesn't take things like invocation seriously. And he's a grand magus and all (or so he claims), and so not someone I would want to be on the bad side of =/

Comment

People who claim to sell great cosmic power rarely have it to sell.

Seriously?

Ask yourself "if I had great cosmic power, would I be spending my time hawking it over the internet?"

Perspective is a useful tool.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                People who claim to sell great cosmic power rarely have it to sell.

Seriously?

Ask yourself "if I had great cosmic power, would I be spending my time hawking it over the internet?"

Perspective is a useful tool.
                You have a point. He supposedly leads an order, but I didn't see any activity on his forum, although maybe that's because I didn't register. And he's the first person I've seen claim that black magick is safe. He seems to have a lot of contempt for anyone who is an authority (even though he's a supposed leader of an order) and he had the gall to say that I'm the one who has a misunderstanding of magick (well I don't doubt that I do but not the point) when he's the one talking like demonolatry is all sunshine and rainbows. Pah!

What I found really lulzy was his "custom ritual" at $3000:lol:

Comment

Quackery. Were I in your shoes, I'd simply stop communciating with this individual. Stop responding, block him if he keeps emailing, etc.
                  Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

We have people who deal in demonolatry if you're curious about it.

This guy? Set your e-mail account to treat him as spam and move on with life.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think the guy who made the group isn't on the up and up, but rather on some uppers.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                        Update: He keeps emailing me telling me to not be afraid, and anyone who tells me to be cautious doesn't know what they're talking about, and other things. I emailed him back telling him that he may prefer the fast, risky way to power, but I would rather take the slow and safe way, and that I actually have no aspirations to be better than anyone else, just successful. I'm worried that he may try something, I kinda worded my last email a bit harshly, told him I was really scared that he didn't once remind me that magick can be dangerous, and it seemed to me like he doesn't take things like invocation seriously. And he's a grand magus and all (or so he claims), and so not someone I would want to be on the bad side of =/
                        Echoing the others. Just cut off contact with him. End of story. He's a loony toon.

*Grand Magus - LOL

Comment

well; "accounting for my journey through magic & ascent to Godhood"
                          is certainly a self-indulged and vaguely interesting topic but I'll give it a miss...
                          Work hard Play hard.
                          What is history?

Comment

I am Frater Nostro, the leader of the Ordo Aeon Astron.

In fact, I am very pleased to be given an opportunity to see how others perceive the O∴A∴A∴ and the Black Temple. I can see where improvements are needed. Why such a negative outlook? It seems everybody just jumped on the opportunity to belittle the site. What I am not pleased about is that if you give people an opportunity to talk shit about something they don't understand, they will jump on that opportunity with glee. It seems nobody cares enough to ask me personally what I am doing here. It's more convenient to simply talk shit behind my back than it is to understand another spiritualists goals and situation?

I expect better from people who claim to be spiritual and have an enlightened understanding.

I do, however, feel obliged to address points raised here.

Firstly, the abbreviation of O∴A∴A∴ has nothing at all to do with the A∴A∴. I am not attempting to create a perception of greatness where one is not deserved. We have absolutely no affiliation with the A∴A∴. It is neither stated nor implied that such affiliation exists.

Second, the O∴A∴A∴ is very new. It had been founded less than three months ago. The purpose being to assist each person with their personal ascent. In a world where so many 'covens' are basically the pet projects of egoists (inasmuch as my experience dictates) who are looking to appear as the grand all-knowing master and lead a group of disciples, I am striving to create a group of people as equals, each member taking the title of "brother" or "sister" in accordance with the atmosphere of fraternity that I am attempting to create.

The prices for Ritual-for-Hire are negotiable. $3000 is an absolute maximum, and thus far no ritual has costed anyone more than $300. Prices reflect work required in ritual preparation, the actual performance of, and the energy output required to meet the demands of the intent of the ritual.

With all this said.. I am not at all impressed by the behaviour I have seen here.

And again, I expect better from spiritual people. Nobody cared enough to ACTUALLY FIND OUT what the O∴A∴A∴ is all about. You judged the whole based on a few pieces here and there.

And yeah, "Grand Magus" is pretty laughable eh? At no point did I EVER claim to be a "Grand Magus."

You people know better than to behave like this, this is bullshit.
                            Last edited by Night Wizard; 04 Sep 2014, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                              I think the guy who made the group isn't on the up and up, but rather on some uppers.
                              Originally posted by Illustrious View Post
                              I am Frater Nostro, the leader of the Ordo Aeon Astron.
                              Ohhhh awkward.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,