This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quareia

I just happened across this website and thought it might be of interest to some. I respect both names associated with the course, Frater Acher and Josephine McCarthy.
    Quareia is a new and completely open magical school - without basic fees, structures of hierarchy or imbalances of power between students and teachers. It is a place to be shaped for every magical practitioner who is searching for a new way of learning, integrating and practicing magic. All the way

Although some of the subject matter in the Quareia course is touched upon in the books of Josephine McCarthy, the books do not go into any great depth, nor are the actual techniques, underlying structures, or methods of action laid out in the books. The curriculum of Quareia goes into great practical and technical depth of all magical technique, and for the most part is magical education that does not appear in any books, anywhere.

The construction and presentation of the course, and the fact that it is free and will remain free, ensures that anyone who wishes to commit the time, focus and energy to the work will be able to do it. It will not be hijacked, will not become commercial, and will not become something exclusive. It self filters, self protects and has no alignment to any school, any lodge or any magical organisation in the world: it is itself and will remain so. No one will be able to buy their way to adept- ship and there are no shortcuts. But any adept that is officially recognised by this school will have a world wide reputation as a properly fully trained and fully capable magical adept.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Re: Quareia

But any adept that is officially recognised by this school will have a world wide reputation as a properly fully trained and fully capable magical adept.
    I have never heard of this school in all of my years in the occult, so I highly doubt you will be rewarded with a "world-wide reputation". It sounds a lot like something to pull in power mongers.
    sigpic

Comment

Um, it is a new project, so would not expect great knowledge of it. Guess if you look at that one sentence in a certain light you could read it that way, but II have read enough of the two people

- - - Updated - - -

So accidentally brushed the wrong thing and posted in the middle of typing. Went back to edit, and exceeded the time limit, so here is the whole post:

Um, it is a new project, so would not expect great knowledge of it. Guess if you look at that one sentence in a certain light you could read it that way, but I have read enough of the two people associated with the project to be pretty sure that is not the intention.

I think the thing about the project that bothered me was that they offer free resources but there apparently will be a subscription area of the site as well, and it seems that mentoring at higher levels of training might be money-based as well, so not as absolutely merit-based as would be ideal. That is probably just economic realism, but I do not doubt the intentions or knowledge of the two founding the program. Not aware of anyone else offering even a self-study first year for free, so *shrug*

And, obviously, it won't appeal to everyone.

Comment

I'm an administrator of Magicka School, which offers study for free until you get to the advanced stages - and then it's only available to you if you have a subscription or Lifetime Membership. Not uncommon with online schools for "magick" at all. I'm sure there will be something in this new project for some out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          I'm an administrator of Magicka School, which offers study for free until you get to the advanced stages - and then it's only available to you if you have a subscription or Lifetime Membership. Not uncommon with online schools for "magick" at all. I'm sure there will be something in this new project for some out there.
          I did a Magicka course once.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            I did a Magicka course once.
            Small world!

The courses aren't bad, but they're pretty standard and geared towards Neo-Wiccans for those who don't know. If anyone is interested:

Magicka School of Wicca & Tarot

Comment

Small world!

The courses aren't bad, but they're pretty standard and geared towards Neo-Wiccans for those who don't know. If anyone is interested:

Magicka School of Wicca & Tarot
              Yeah I completed the BoS one and started another one or two. I quite enjoyed them as a basic intro to magic.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Had not heard of that school either, but I haven't really been looking -- just happened across this page by accident. Good for you on keeping the early part free. I believe all education should be merit based, though at some point those who benefit should contribute toward the continuance of the school.

Comment

Working...
                X