This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To honor the Gods

So lately I've felt...spiritually disconnected lately, I no longer feel the presence of my gods that much, nor any of the spirits or the Earth herself. I want to find some way of remedying this, but I cannot help but notice that I am coming up short, any helpful advice you have would be appreciated. That is...if I am not intruding rudely, of course.
    "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Re: To honor the Gods

Well what I do is light a candle on my alter And reconnect my self to my chosen gods and to the earth through meditation . I don't know if this helps just tellen u what I'd do and have done in your place
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

What I do is seriously question my faith till I realize it's all good.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Before I came to my current path, I often felt like this - I've since understood that I was "forcing connections" that simply weren't there. "My Gods", as I thought of the deities which interested me back then, simply weren't "my Gods" at all and the connection that I thought I felt just wasn't as real as I'd hoped.

So if you're certain that your Gods are indeed reciprocating and you aren't forcing a connection that perhaps isn't there or isn't right for you, then the only thing I can suggest is to introspect and to understand what things may be interfering with your connection. Most of the time, normal life hiccups such as stress, work, distractions, etc. are to blame. The disconnect isn't always spiritual - but sometimes, just situational. Set aside a special time each week, as a minimum, for your time to connect with your Gods. Have no interruptions and make an effort to observe this time, on time, every single week. If there is still no change, then perhaps you're trying to connect in the wrong way.

Comment

I often have the same issue, OP. Oftentimes I go for months completely disconnected from my spirituality, and then slowly drift back, usually with a minor revelation to speed things along. Torey's advice is good: I may follow it myself.
          sigpic

Comment

It's normal for that to happen.I advise you to ground and center yourself. That helps a ton. Pray to them as well.

Comment

Working...
            X