X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more CACA from the art world.

I get really sick of crap art.

I get nauseated when pretentious art rags praise it.

Here, at least, is one article that (IMHO) tells it like it is:

Artist To Exhibit Jennifer Lawrence's Leaked Nudes As Art Because The World Is A Dark Place
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: more CACA from the art world.

Yet more proof that art is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Yet more proof that art is dead.
      Actually, since people are now willing to call dumb and pretentious what it is (i.e.: dumb and pretentious), I'm beginning to feel like their may be hope.

But I suffer from terminal optimism, so don't take me too seriously
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That's not only not art, it's ILLEGAL. I hope they have good lawyers. Actually, I hope they don't and they get screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Actually, since people are now willing to call dumb and pretentious what it is (i.e.: dumb and pretentious), I'm beginning to feel like their may be hope.

But I suffer from terminal optimism, so don't take me too seriously
          I'd like to think so, but living in an art city, there are still wayyy too many pretentious poseurs who think absolutely anything is brilliant, as long as an "artist" did it. Although, I think most of them go to openings just to see and be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            That's not only not art, it's ILLEGAL. I hope they have good lawyers. Actually, I hope they don't and they get screwed.
            yep. as Jennifer Lawrence gave a cease and desist notice to people who had her nudes up. they wouldn't comply until she admitted the nudes were really her and she had copyrights over it. now as a general ruling they get a cease and desist notice first for public displays. any money made deals in a lawsuit. usually 40,000 plus any money they made off the art. the only way he wouldn't get sued is if he cut a deal with Jennifer Lawrence and the other celebs and they are getting royalities for it.

as a general rule most artists are cautious with celebs even if they are using approved pictures from either them or their reps. as even in those circumstances it can end up in a lawsuit.
            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Working...
            X