Florida family mass murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously?!!! Wtf

I don't have an opinion yet. I might if I bothered to study the case but I don't plan to. I won't celebrate his death without knowing more about the decision to kill and I won't mourn him without seeing significant evidence of legal insanity. Several innocents were executed by someone that should have been near the front of the line to defend them against all comers and that is tragic and despicable. One murderer has suicided and that simply leaves questions unanswered.
    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Seriously?!!! Wtf

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      You know, you can just calm your jets, too, Medusa. I agree with Torey, and do not celebrate the fact that old man killed himself, even if only *after* killing his family. As such, I don't see Rae'ya as anything close to mothering, either. Well, unless you want to accuse ME of mothering the guy.

No. What I DO see is people skirting certain details. 7 wrongs still do not make it right, for instance. Regardless of how tipped you may feel into the 'happy he died' camp. His wasn't a GOOD and joyous death. And Gleb also missed the point. Yeah, killing is bad, regardless. The point was in reacting to the old man's suicide - people wanna say good riddance. Glad he's dead. Hell, I'd say it too. But the real truth is, I'm not happy about it, I'm not going to celebrate. Everyone (in that family) is dead. That just leaves me hollow, empty-feeling.

It sucks.
      After reading your comment, I think you're right here. I beg everyone's pardon here. But I agree here that I missed the point. If I am understanding it right now, all the family died because of his illness. So yeah, not good at all.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Re: Florida family mass murder

It sounds like something a typical human would do, I mean, we do it to other species every single day, granted this isn't on as massive a scale as that(and kind of pales in comparison), but still its not all that uncommon.

None the less, my condolences go to the victims.
        "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Re: Florida family mass murder

I agree this is a huge tragedy, and I mourn for that entire community. However, this man, in his horrible actions brought to my mind the gun control debate. No matter the regulations, no matter the restrictions (he was a convicted felon and was not legally allowed to own a gun), if a person is going to commit a crime with a gun they will find a way to do so. And unfortunely for that family, that community, this story has the potential to show Americans this.

Comment

Working...
          X