Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point is killing allowed in your ethics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At what point is killing allowed in your ethics.

I never want to kill anyone, but there are instance where I would: if my life or the lives of people I love were in danger, or in a situation where someone was causing or about to cause danger to innocent people.

What I mean by the latter is say I was in a bank and there was a hostage situation. The gunman didn't notice me and I had the chance to kill them without obvious chance of someone else being harmed. I would be ethically all right with that. Whether or not I would is another story.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: At what point is killing allowed in your ethics.

I have a philosophy that goes something like this: Give life with humility, take it with compassion.

I'm not morally opposed to killing. I'm morally opposed to murder. I also do not believe in getting into a confrontation that I don't think is important enough to lose. Think about it this way--getting into a fight thinking you will win is easy, anyone can do it. But getting into a fight that you know you will lose, but think is important enough to still fight...that's effing character right there.

If something/one is important enough to die for, it ought to be important enough to kill for.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X