Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

Snow is good ... Snow is fun ... 8) ... Slush balls hurt ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Does it happen to me? Well, there was the late winter of 2004. I made my very first Texas Snow Man. Should have seen how proud I was. But the real deal happened back in 1985. Wowzers did it snow. But other than that, I've never seen it stick here.
      The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

whats all that white stuff all over the place???

(I live in south Florida)
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=885.msg15515#msg15515 date=1290313132]
          whats all that white stuff all over the place???

(I live in south Florida)
          [/quote]

Anywhere near Miami? That is where my b/f is from and where his family still lives.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, we get snow here every year. It usually starts around the time of the Solstice. Normally it gets to be about a foot deep.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Snow? ??? Snow! SNOW! >

Damn heck we have it! We are already at 1 foot deep, and we are expecting at this rate 6 feets of the damn white stuff (for the whole winter season), can't wait for March to come!

Sorry, I can't tell more about it, I'm too busy shoveling the stuff (mumbling swearings).

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=885.msg15543#msg15543 date=1290318948]
                Anywhere near Miami? That is where my b/f is from and where his family still lives.
                [/quote]

about 2.5 hours north of miami
                "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Working on my 4th year in the subtropics... I sorely miss snow.
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Ok so our temperature is dropping and snow is supposed to happen to us on Wednesday for the rest of the week.

I start hating snow after a while but I always like the first snowfall

Comment

ooooooooooh prreeeeetttttyyyyy ;D
                      We get snow here in the UK.. but sometimes not proper snow.. just snow that comes and goes in the same day
                      the last few years its lasted nearly a week though

Comment

I live in Florida so I don't have to put up with snow. It's pretty and all, but I do not like being cold and if memory serves.....snow is cold.

Comment

Right now it feels like spring outside for me. Didn't even have to wear a jacket today. I'm hoping the bottom falls out of the temps soon and we have a hellaceous, massive devil snow, because I rather like those. Then again, I live all severe weather so there you go. We usually have an ice storm in february that shuts down the entire state, though.
                          "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                          without his weapons of war;
                          for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                          of a spear on the way without.
                          -

Comment

LOVE IT!

But, uh, I live in the desert so there's not a good chance of getting snow. And Kansas is cold and windy and sleety and icy, but not much snow to look at usually.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I....HATE.....Snow!

I have lived in Kansas City my whole life and have NEVER gotten used to snow and cold! I jut can not stand it!

Comment

Over here (Belgium) I've only seen non-melting snow for about one day to a week each year.
                                I like the winter - at least compared to sweating so damn much during a hot time in the summer.
                                Also, I really like the feeling of returning to a warm home after taking a long walk out in the snow.
                                And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

Working...
                                X