Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

It's sunny and FREEZING this morning, so hopefully that means that the snow later today or tomorrow will stick.

Comment

supposed to snow on Friday
      sigpic

Comment

Snowin' as I speak. The cat is unimpressed.

Mostly art.

Comment

Little rant this morning, snow related.

Our town doesn't clear the roads right away, so the entire town is driving on ice. And I wondered why the roads looked so bad...

Oh, and ice on the inside of my windows this morning :P
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Was snowing earlier! And we are meant to get much more later tonight and tomorrow! X
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Finally we have proper snow and not just sleet! So pretty!

Comment

The more I think about it? Snow doesn't happen to me. I happen to IT.

Nothing more fun than driving around in a fresh 10-inch snowfall! And except for the idiots that always seem to multiply when roads get slick, I always have a great time!

My wife, on the other hand, sees even an inch of snow on the road as reason to stay home.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I want snow here. I'm considering a variation on a rain dance. Seriously. I want it to snow. It's almost December. Where's the cold fluffy white stuff at?
                  It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                  -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I am snowed in. Not fun....
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

We had 5 inches by yesterday, AND THEN IT STARTED TO RAIN.

Mostly art.

Comment

Where is my snow
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I want snow too! You guys need to share :P
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=885.msg17519#msg17519 date=1290790582]
                            Where is my snow
                            [/quote]

In my village, I think..... it must have got lost
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

just say no to snow!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=praveedca link=topic=885.msg17733#msg17733 date=1290840212]
                                Hi to all I want snow here. I'm considering a variation on a rain dance. Seriously. I want it to snow. Was snowing earlier! And we are meant to get much more later tonight and tomorrow!
                                [/quote]

I generally tend to advise against things like this, unless there's an agricultural reason you need more precipitation such as a drought. Regardless of how much you like snow, your actions impact everyone for miles around you. Snow - particularly heavy or unexpected snow - can dramatically increase accident and fatality rates and cost incredible amounts of money to businesses and public works. (plows aint free)
                                And rain dances... yeesh... I've heard some horror stories about the results being, shall we say, "dramatic."

Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X