What'd you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What'd you get?

Didn't see this pop up yet for this year so, let's get this ball rolling.

What'd you get for Christmas (and yeah, it's all about family, etc, etc, but seriously, what'd you get?)

I got several gift cards, and some cash, which amounted to 2 camies, a tshirt, 5 blouses, 2 sweaters, a pair of jeans, an eggnog shake, a package of diapers, and I still have $25 left over (which will either go to 2 sets pjs or the new hoodie that I really want). The bulk of this is completely due to the only lesson my mother truly instilled in me , how to find a good sale. I'm pretty sure I spent under $30 for the blouses.

My husband got about the same. And jointly, we got a new kitchen set (pots, pans, utensils, and cups/plates/bowls)

My daughter... got about a million stuffed animals, three of these laugh and learn puppies (two of which are being returned and exchanged, one is done and was exchanged for a bounce and giggle pig, it's some vibrating toy), an elephant alphabet book, several baby dolls, some small toys, several outfits including two sets of fluffy pjs, a Simba stuffed animal which I intend to steal within the next 24 hours, and (dadada!!!!) a four-wheeler, kiddy version, which she won't be able to use for another two years.

I'm happy.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: What'd you get?

Lord of the Rings calendar, LOTS of chocolate and lollies, a gift card, vouchers for plants for our new house, and a ticket to see the new Hobbit movie in Gold Class.

Comment

Chocolate.

Only 2 people bother to get me anything and they know I don't want anything that will clutter up my home, so they get me things I can eat.

Comment

Fat.
        I got fat.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ahhhhh.the food maneuver,My ex and I went in on a Figi thing for our Son and his wife and kids..you know sausage and cheese and nuts and sweets thing.

I am a bit to old for presents but my daughter got me a new Computer(needed cause my old one died) and a ps3 game system(still have my old ps2) so a lot for me.

I do like windows 7,but still learning the new system(Was running on Windows 2000)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Season 1 and 2 of sherlock, and season 5 of merlin "the slow regard of silent things" by Patrick rothfuss. A curling iron and some clothes that don't fit oh, and a lip balm - i have 4 of them now, one usually lasts me a year.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I recieved a bone wand, a hand blown glass mortar and pestle, a suede satchel, and a galaxy S3.
              "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                (Was running on Windows 2000)
                That still exists? on PCs? That people USE?? Like, for STUFF!?

oh I got jump leads and a yellow jacket (because I was an idiot and blew up a car battery, my friends seem to think it'll happen again >.<) Books'n'manga, chocolate a new pc headset and a water bottle that looks like a fire extinguisher, it's fun to drink out of it and watch peoples reactions. =3
                Work hard Play hard.
                What is history?

Comment

I got:

- a Kindle Paperwhite (and thanks to unemployment, I've already read an entire book on it since Christmas morning)
                  - two books: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss, and Paddlenorth by Jennifer Kingsley
                  - both my grandpa and my MIL have learned I like British stuff, so I got a TON of foods/treats from the British stores down south, including what I can only presume is a lifetime supply jar of Marmite from my grandpa
                  - the traditional $100 in a BMO chinese new year envelope from my grandpa (every year for my entire life)
                  - my mom just learned to carve this year, so lots of little carvings
                  - handwraps for my Muy Thai classes
                  - my mom scrapbooked me a calendar for 2015
                  - my little bro made me some candles
                  - a life time supply of chocolate (or a bad week's worth)
                  - and little knick knacks like handwarmers, a new journal, etc.

The pile is very small, but I feel like I got a lot. I'm really pleased most of my gifts are consumable in some way - candles, food, chocolate, etc. They're finally figuring out I'm not a fan of 'stuff'.

Mostly art.

Comment

We don't celebrate Christmas, but we celebrate the Civil New Year instead, on the 31st of December. I don't think I will get anything. But if I will, then it's earphones and 12.8$.
                    Most likely only the earphones. To be honest I don't want to get anything... It always turns into a scandal..
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
                      That still exists? on PCs? That people USE?? Like, for STUFF!?

oh I got jump leads and a yellow jacket (because I was an idiot and blew up a car battery, my friends seem to think it'll happen again >.<) Books'n'manga, chocolate a new pc headset and a water bottle that looks like a fire extinguisher, it's fun to drink out of it and watch peoples reactions. =3
                      Hint for jumping a battery...red on the battery,and black on the car body as a ground..NEVER put both leads on the battery,just the red hot one,ground through the body. Might no happen as much now,but battery's produce gas when charging,explosive gas...why you ground on the body,no SPARK...

Also,xp was based on Win2000,it was a VERY reliable system in its time(And I knew ALL its quirks)Now learning all the weird stuff about Win7(I program in assembler BTW)

And I started programming in assembler on a C64back in the early 80's(1981-82)
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Firefly (the TV show) wall callander, DVD of FW Murnow's "The Last Laugh", Doctor Who novel "The Blood Cell" !!!, some nice clothes, much candy!
                        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I got a new wallet of my choosing (needed one badly), a Harry Potter backpack, $50 from Grandma, and a $50 giftcard (used to get books).
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

A bunch of History Channel, Nat Geo, A&E etc specials that I wanted. A few comic omnibuses (Two Deadpool, one Emma Frost). An adorable harbor seal plushie. A few books. Lego Marvel Heroes, and Batman Arkham City. I feel spoiled.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Some wonderful days with my family and good friends.

And lots of whiskey. (Everybody who didn't know what I wanted in specific got me whiskey.)
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.