Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Facebook User Terms

Hi all!
    This post is mostly aimed at anyone who uses Facebook. A good friend of mine told me about the new user agreement they are supposed to enact on January 1st. According to what I've seen so far, logging on to Facebook after December 31st this year is the same as consenting to these new terms...
    Terms that are disturbing. Supposedly Facebook will gain access to ALL(?!) information on your computer (banking, personal info, internet traffic etc.) and will also be entitled to spread this info to a third party without your prior knowledge or consent. Basically, computer-rape.

I was kindof hoping that someone a little more computer/internet-savvy than me would have some thoughts or insights to share on this? How true can this be, I wonder?

Re: New Facebook User Terms

I'm sure it's just an internet rumor. How would facebook have access to something like your bank account if you don't give them the information? And they would get sued so fast for violation of privacy if they tried selling your bank account to a third party.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

This again, huh? Ever year people get all scared. They post these completely asinine posts on their facebook feed. Saying by posting this I am legally saying no to these facebook rules.

Palease. Typing something into a post on a social network on the net has no legal binding in any country other then crazytown country.

So. In conclusion. Nope.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

No memes.

No insinuations about the humor or intellect of other posters.

No half-assed mom jokes.

Pretend that all of you are capable of interacting at a maturity above that of my 8 year old cousin.

If I delete more posts in this thread then I infract per deletion.

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I apologize. I had no idea this was a serious thread.

In all seriousness I have no worries of FB finding my bank account.
          Because I'm broke.

If I get in trouble for this post...well give me 1 million positive karma and make me really unhappy.

please. Don't do that.

Comment

I definitely don't believe this to be true.

FB, for all of its flaws, has been getting a fair bit of heat lately ever since the FB Messenger drama that happened a while back - and I think that this is just something else that someone is coming up with in order to push on with the anti-FB agenda.

Comment

I plan on taking a look at the terms, but I'm sure it's a rumour. Here, at least, they would be breaking a few laws doing that.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Hoax:

Myth-busting site debunks a viral status update alleging privacy protection for posters

So this one can join their prior bretheren:
                If you recently posted a 'privacy notice' on Facebook claiming the government cannot disseminate your content, you’ve been fooled.

Facebook is not making all your posts public, so posting an ineffective legal notice on your Facebook page is pointless.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/messenger.asp (this one is less hoax and more overstatement)
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

No memes.

No insinuations about the humor or intellect of other posters.

No half-assed mom jokes.

Pretend that all of you are capable of interacting at a maturity above that of my 8 year old cousin.

If I delete more posts in this thread then I infract per deletion.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Odahviing View Post
                    Thank you.
                    I apologize if I hurt your feelings. My post was to be funny about the hoax I see. It wasn't meant for you. So....I'm sorry :=(:

Comment

Working...
                    X