Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long explanation of my history, and why I feel broken and need help with my next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long explanation of my history, and why I feel broken and need help with my next step

Well, here goes...

So I was introduced to Paganism for the first time about 5-6 years ago, and was taught at least the basics of general paganism. The person who introduced me also became my teacher, so I didn't think twice about him. Problem is, there was a night I didn't feel right, and was told it was entirely normal... Just to find out a few days later, from who I found out was his teacher, that he was trying something he stumbled across about, using his words, "stealing gifts."

Obviously I initially chuckled at the thought, but it wasnt long before I noticed something was off... I could no longer feel anything. I couldn't cast, transfer energy of any sort, and haven't even been able to keep a steady meditation without suddenly getting the feeling of being jerked out of it... Its gotten better since my wife has been helping periodically, but theres only so much either of us can do. On the fortunate side, I do know who my guardian is, and a few gifts as well. However, as much as I can slightly sense that my guardian is there, that's as far as I can get in general. I've been trying to level myself out, for lack of better words.

So for the past 4 years, I've only learned some important details by having been read by trusted brothers and sisters. I just feel its time that I work towards everything myself. I just need to find where I go from here.

I'm just tired of being misled.

Re: Long explanation of my history, and why I feel broken and need help with my next

Then may you no longer be misled. Trust your instincts and discover your truths.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Re: Long explanation of my history, and why I feel broken and need help with my next

Speaking of which, my instincts brought me here... Just out of the blue I looked up pagan message boards, clicked a different link to another one, twice, and wound up here instead, both times. Tried the other link again after this post and got the other site, but it didn't seem like the right place so I backed out of it. I can't explain it but thats the gist of it

Comment

I can't say "you can't trust us" because that's not helpful; only you know whether or not you can trust any of us. The only advice I can really give is to feel out of the forum and what it's about. If you feel more drawn to a member than others, see if they'd be willing to chat with you.

I can, however, say that no one here is going to intentionally hurt you or lead you astray. Follow your gut, and you should be all right.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thanks. .

Comment

Sorry if that wasn't any help.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hopefully you will find your path then, no one else can mislead you if you're your own guide as habbs said, follow your gut and you should be fine. People are generally nice and understanding on here, it's a good place for just finding your way.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                Sorry if that wasn't any help.
                If I've learned anything over the years, its that every word serves a purpose, no worries.

Comment

Following your intuition will be one of your best aids on your journey. Iris and Habbs pretty much said it best. Don't feel discouraged to be honest or open if you have questions or concerns. The individuals of this forum simply will answer with the best of their knowledge and honesty in return.
                  "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Agree on finding your own path and trusting your insticts Gut feelings is such a powerful tool to use when dealing with all sorts of different things. Remember that you deceide which path to follow, and what information which will be right for you might not be the same for someone else. Still I have found this forum very helpful, and if you have questions just ask

Comment

Originally posted by xPhoenix View Post
                      So for the past 4 years, I've only learned some important details by having been read by trusted brothers and sisters. I just feel its time that I work towards everything myself. I just need to find where I go from here.

I'm just tired of being misled.
                      The things you wrote here are the most interesting to me.

What do you mean by "brothers and sisters" and "find where I go from here?"

Looking forward to your reply.

Comment

Brothers and sisters meaning those who follow a similar or identical path that I follow. So I started using the term itself for that reason and how close we became. Like family

As for "find where I go from here," I'm at a fork in the road, so to speak, and though both lead to the same destination, I know one of them has a canyon to cross while the other doesn't (basically, best way I can describe it) and both have a similar clue to which ones which, but i m having a hard time deciphering them... If that made any sense

Comment

Working...
                        X