Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Don't Touch My..." TSA issuez.

Works for me.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hey I didn't get felt up when I flew last month.... Was even silly and wore a shirt without a removable metal piece through LAX with a carry on full of bones and oils lol. Amusing enough hehe
      -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
      (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Wow, I guess I'm the only person I know who isn't bothered by these new procedures. I had a girl pat me down all over for my flight home from Phoenix (of course, it wasn't a nekkid scan), but it was just kinda like, "yeah yeah, neither of us are thrilled so lets just get it over with." But she touched my hooha. Could have been a big deal, but it wasn't and I found I wasn't bothered either. Stood still, took my shoes off, had a fling with a stranger, and got on my plane.

I think people are inclined to be mad at the airport because flying, even before all these 'security measures' has always been a hassle of waiting and preparing and driving and waiting some more. Add frisking to the top of it all and its a recipe for 'patriotism.' Oh, he's selling t-shirts now? I mean capitalism.

Frankly, I was a hotter mess the last time I flew with my bassoon, which is an insanely expensive piece of equipment that had at least $50 worth of music in the pouch on the case as well. These fucking IDIOTS were taking out my beautiful Yugoslavian burned maple and handling it with what I did not consider to be the proper care. Even broke one of my reeds and tore some of my music. I would rather someone had shoved a finger in my ass than fuck with my instrument.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=934.msg20955#msg20955 date=1291877200]
          I think people are inclined to be mad at the airport because flying, even before all these 'security measures' has always been a hassle of waiting and preparing and driving and waiting some more. Add frisking to the top of it all and its a recipe for 'patriotism.' Oh, he's selling t-shirts now? I mean capitalism.
          [/quote]

Don't forget that not everyone who is put through this is USian. So, really, claiming it's trumped up patriotism ignores those of us from other countries.

Don't forget, these "security measures" affect most harshly those who are most vulnerable in this society: trans* people, assault survivors, people with disabilities, non-white people. Just think about what happens when you're going through a scanner and people see a penis when they expect a vulva? Or you can't go through the scanner due to your medical equipment? Or if they you comply to the scanner, but they decide to give you a pat down anyway, and every second of a stranger's hands on your body sends you into horrible flashbacks?

Comment

Stumbled on this via Facebook yesterday....apparently, more then one man enjoys wearing a kilt while flying, which has raised an entire other set of issues TSA was unprepared for.

Doesn't make what people with mastectomies, etc, deal with flying right now any easier, but it ads a touch of humor to the insanity. If you have time, read the third link down (the original blog entry by the guy in the picture).
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Another TSA fail i thought was extremely funny XD

If it wasn't made clear enough in the article, they were carrying actual weapons. (I say this because they people conducting this clearly have issues)
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

On the more serious side of things:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-jdDE6bFow&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT30LWH8p4E&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznH2Js-hyI&feature=related[/youtube]

Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

No common sense plus a BIG power trip from the TSA,
                  maybe they should fire the lot of them and start over :
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Last year, before these all-new procedures, I was flying out of Tampa and they pulled me out of line for a "random" check. They wanted me to stand in a scanner machine facing away from my carry-on, which was a laptop bag sized case, UNLOCKED, containing my camera equipment. I asked if I could set that on the other side of the machine so it wouldn't leave my sight, they said no, then I had to get a pat-down.
                    No way on Earth do I take my eyes of my purse or my camera stuff. I don't trust those airport people.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

4th Amendment Wear – Assert your rights without saying a word
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=934.msg26298#msg26298 date=1293929056]

[/quote]

;D Perfect.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I like it ... I wonder if I could get a pair of boxers with a wiring diagram on them ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=934.msg26298#msg26298 date=1293929056]

[/quote]

The bra and panty set is perfect!
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                            surrounded by plush, downy things,
                            ill prepared, but willing,
                            to descend."

Comment

The TSA has a job to do. Most of them don't particularly care for it. They don't like having to take time out of their day to touch your junk or run their hands in your fat rolls. It only makes it worse when you have people that try to increase the problem by submitting themselves to pat downs. And by being obnoxious when it's happening.
                              Buck up, let yourself be scanned and patted down if needed, and get on with your life.
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I guess I just have to go with the don't fly unless you have no other reasonable options.
                                For most of us, pat downs are a only hassle, but I do understand how it can cause serious emotional trauma in others.
                                Although I agree that the Patriot Act is not just a Republican thing, I think it's interesting to note how quickly it came into existence. Acts don't happen overnight--unless they are prewritten and waiting for an excuse.
                                Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                                That dream is my reality

Comment

Working...
                                X