Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teachers Allowed To Use Deadly Force?

We definitely do have open carry in Texas however the schools do not allow teachers to be armed. I went to a 5a school close to Dallas and a 3a school outside of Waco never were any of our teachers allowed to be armed. We have on campus police officers for that. I also agree with Hawk here the small towns where everyone is armed or owns a gun you don't worry about people shooting each other. Or kids shooting kids. We are taught how to use the weapons and we respect them. They are not toys but a means to hunt or protect. Its the bigger cities where you have your shootings mainly. Noticed I said mainly. There are always exceptions to the rules.

Texas for all its crazy people is not that bad, and as it stands we don't have the highest school shootings in the country. That's Georgia.

I do think we need a limit on the guns we can own. I'm sorry no one needs a sub machine gun! Just like I don't think you need to be carrying those around in public. You want a pistol and you want to carry it. Fine but anything bigger is for at home or hunting.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm okay with your right to carry. I'm ok with your need to have an arsenal in your house for whatever reasons you want. I'm not okay with making guns your fucking religion. Calm down. Eat a sammy. No one is coming after you at Disneyland. If you got a twitch in your eye and get hard over guns..I think you should not have guns. There. I said it.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I'm okay with your right to carry. I'm ok with your need to have an arsenal in your house for whatever reasons you want. I'm not okay with making guns your fucking religion. Calm down. Eat a sammy. No one is coming after you at Disneyland. If you got a twitch in your eye and get hard over guns..I think you should not have guns. There. I said it.

Oh no I completely 110% agree!!!!!! I don't thing you need an arsenal, I don't think you should be allowed to own every gun ever made. Not everyone should be allowed to own guns. I think we need stricter gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

and I will say I totally get defensive when a mass population hates on my state. I'm sorry I can't help it.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Oh no I completely 110% agree!!!!!! I don't thing you need an arsenal, I don't think you should be allowed to own every gun ever made. Not everyone should be allowed to own guns. I think we need stricter gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

and I will say I totally get defensive when a mass population hates on my state. I'm sorry I can't help it.
          I totally feel you. It's not fair to pick on Texas. I mean we could do California. I mean we are like car chase capital of the world!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I totally feel you. It's not fair to pick on Texas. I mean we could do California. I mean we are like car chase capital of the world!
            Sometimes we deserve it. I mean have you seen Ted Cruz?? Face palm, I know its ridiculous I can talk trash about my state all I want but I do inevitably get a little grumpy when lots of other people do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not picking on your state because I hate it or the people in it. I'm picking on the state because some crazy s**t happens there. If you wanna post some crazy s**t about Michigan, go nuts. I'd be all for it.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Corbin - licensed to kill in one state.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Pick on this area all you want - this is the home of the "legitimate rape" people, after all. LOL There's lots to pick on. And some people do get carried away with their guns - like buying every kind ever made, and then hiding them so the government won't come steal them. Lots of tin-foil-hattery here. But much less gun violence. Back in New Jersey, only the bad guys had guns. A regular person could get one, but there was a lot of paperwork meant to dissuade people, and a lot of fees. Kind of like trying to get certain legal things here. It's your right, but try & claim it, good luck.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I'm in the Ozarks, (south central MO, north central AR), not Texas! I'm 200 miles from an airport and 100 miles from a mall.
                    My bad. Didn't look for MO, but bet it's on there, too. I get what you're saying, though. At the last high school I attended people would put their hunting rifles in their lockers so they could leave out hunting right after school. It just was not an issue ... and it was a much smaller school. Never thought of that --- have all these shootings been at big schools? On the whole I'll bet they have. In a small school everybody gets to be somebody and the class is sort of like a family because the whole grade is in a single homeroom.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                    X