Allergy to Stirling Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allergy to Stirling Silver

Hey guys, I'm new here, just now getting into paganism so I have a lot of questions about everything.

One thing I can't seem to find an explanation for is a possible reason I have an allergic reaction to stirling silver earrings. Ignoring any scientific explanations (since I am searching for the spiritual meaning in everything these days), I thought there might be some reason for this within the lore of metals and how they interact with the body. It's only stirling silver, and it's only earring posts that give me this reaction.

Is there anyone who knows why this might be? How my spirit or energy doesn't jive with this metal in this specific form of jewelry?

Ryoku
    :3

Re: Allergy to Stirling Silver

Because sterling silver isn't pure silver--you are working with 7.5% unknown content of stuff that oxidizes on content with the oil and sweat and stuff from inside your ear. Not everything has a spiritual basis, sorry.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

A lot of silver colored jewelry is, or contains, nickel. So does Sterling Silver often include some nickel. I'm allergic to it too. Not all sterling silver jewelry contains it, but a lot of it does and if you can check what is contained in the mix before you purchase, it would save you a lot of itchiness later.

Comment

If you are wearing cheap stuff from China, it could contain anything from lead to arsenic.

China exports tend to be deadly - the "sterling silver" they export has been found to be filled with toxic heavy metals, the dog treats they export have been killing dogs, the electronics they manufacture might actually work for a couple of days before falling apart...

Don't buy Chinese. At least until they discover "quality control."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You see this in flatware from china...good utensils are chrome plated as stainless steel..I have seen very bad flatware where the chrome is way to thin...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I used to hate gold because it was the Christian metal.
            I realized I'm not into Rose gold and prefer silver.
            Then I remember I don't like wearing jewelry.
            So I got tattoos instead.
            Tru story.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
            X