X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does the future frighten you?

also the same^^^^
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm not really afraid of the future. We can't change the past and the future is ahead of us, the only thing we can change is the present. There's no need to worry excessively about the future.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I consider a little safe bunker with a year's supply of beans and videogames every now and again, but nothing's forced my hand yet ;P

I do miss the past a little bit more than the future, I've just gotten to the point where I've realised 'nothing will ever be the same again' for some things, and that's a little depressing at the moment. Though I'm sure those thoughts will move on soon enough :3
        Work hard Play hard.
        What is history?

Comment

No,they wont...sorry to tell you some things go away that you got used to...small things,like my favorite brand of comb,or a food brand you liked...or favorite store(Sears,k-mart,Wards)..now radio shack is going under..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Mm, for me it's people more than anything else, it kinda sucks to be honest ^^
            Work hard Play hard.
            What is history?

Comment

yup,people too...my brother,my older sister,my mom,my dad....just me and my younger sister now...it does suck for sure..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The future does frighten me. Why? Well for some reasons.
                1. The Middle Eastern conflict and the possibility of another war here in Israel.
                2. Army.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I don't think the future will be much different than the past...humanity has always had good and bad and selfish and generous and wonderful and terrible and rich wanting more riches and poor. There has always been division--huge, intractable divisions on the basis of class, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, nationality. Always. The only difference between then and now is the number of people on the planet and the amount of technology we have...and that overwhelmingly we are beginning to realize that some of these trappings of modern life can be a problem...but they can also be our salvation.

In many many many ways we are far better and far better off than we have ever been as individuals or communitites. But I can think of no way (except biodiversity wise, on a global ecological scale) that we are worse.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes and no. But when it does it scares me s***less.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      I don't think the future will be much different than the past...humanity has always had good and bad and selfish and generous and wonderful and terrible and rich wanting more riches and poor. There has always been division--huge, intractable divisions on the basis of class, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, nationality. Always. The only difference between then and now is the number of people on the planet and the amount of technology we have...and that overwhelmingly we are beginning to realize that some of these trappings of modern life can be a problem...but they can also be our salvation.

In many many many ways we are far better and far better off than we have ever been as individuals or communitites. But I can think of no way (except biodiversity wise, on a global ecological scale) that we are worse.
                      To be honest, some of that is exactly why I'm worried. It's not that we're worse, it's that we're exactly the same. Civilizations collapse, and there are some pretty hefty parallels between other collapsed empires and civilizations and our system right now.

By 'collapse', I don't mean the apocalypse or that we'll all die or something. But I sometimes think that the world as we know it won't exist in 50-100 years if we don't change course at some point soon.

I -hope- that we make positive use of the technology that we have. It really can be our salvation. But we haven't really solved the greed problem yet, and so far any significant effort to change course has been thwarted or straight-out rejected. Some places have been more successful, but some really key places have not. I don't just mean on an environmental level, either. Financialization is a huge, huge problem, and so far nothing has come close to fixing all of the damage that it has done. As long as shareholders are the #1 stakeholders, it is really hard to make any significant changes.

Comment

As we begin to mess with genes, present generations will be determining the "nature" of human beings for all future generations.

If "people" making irreversible choices that will determine the future of the human race doesn't scare ya, maybe you are not sufficiently informed on the issue...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          As we begin to mess with genes, present generations will be determining the "nature" of human beings for all future generations.

If "people" making irreversible choices that will determine the future of the human race doesn't scare ya, maybe you are not sufficiently informed on the issue...
                          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Now apply this very same principle to reproduction and human nature and genes, and it becomes truly terrifying, as you say. :=I:

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            Yes and no. But when it does it scares me s***less.
                            Yes... that's pretty much what I was going to say
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

One little point is,many have "tried" to "Save us",but they have had their own personal agenda and their methods were to say the least "extreme". Take the communist "revolution" method to make everyone exactly the same,only it never quite works out as the theory is supposed to go. The "Leaders" become used to having a LOT more than the common comrade,and are less than ok with giving up their high perch. I would mention the other attempt to "fix" the broken species with superman style moves,but that would bring the thread to a screeching halt..

I really worry about the ones that are going to bring us to perfection when they only really want perfection for themselves..I am just fine thank you...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                I really worry about the ones that are going to bring us to perfection when they only really want perfection for themselves..I am just fine thank you...
                                I entertain myself by imagining a world in which somebody with power imagines that the human race will be improved if "aggression" is removed from the genome.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X