It's very cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's very cold!

I just went to close my window. There's like frost in stuff along the edges! It's almost snow! A low of 52 tonight. I'm shivering. I've had my heated blankee pre-heating. Time to strip down and wrap myself in warm burrito warmth.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
      I'm ready for the Sahara or Australia, scorpions, sidewinders and saltwater crocodiles be damned.
      You might wanna rethink that...

We're about to head into our third week of over 30C (86F) temps. Though this week is gonna be nice considering it's only over 30C and not over 38C (100F) like it was last week. This week peaks at 39C tomorrow but we had a few days of 40-43C (104-107F) last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        You might wanna rethink that...

We're about to head into our third week of over 30C (86F) temps. Though this week is gonna be nice considering it's only over 30C and not over 38C (100F) like it was last week. This week peaks at 39C tomorrow but we had a few days of 40-43C (104-107F) last week.
        Yeah, the grass is always greener in someone else's yard. We've had temps. of up to 104-105F. The biggest problem is that our electric grids can't handle it. We had one particularly hot year when electric transformers were exploding left and right. If you are near the coast that makes it seem even warmer with the humidity. We do have that on the east coast. I think San Diego is the only place that comes anywhere near consistently temperate weather. Even the Mediterranean has its extremes. I heard that Alaska is in the 40s right now. That's pretty sick.
        śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
        śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I just went to close my window. There's like frost in stuff along the edges! It's almost snow! A low of 52 tonight. I'm shivering. I've had my heated blankee pre-heating. Time to strip down and wrap myself in warm burrito warmth.
          My heart bleeds for you. It warmed up to 9 degrees here (not counting the windchill).
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
            Yeah, the grass is always greener in someone else's yard. We've had temps. of up to 104-105F. The biggest problem is that our electric grids can't handle it. We had one particularly hot year when electric transformers were exploding left and right. If you are near the coast that makes it seem even warmer with the humidity. We do have that on the east coast. I think San Diego is the only place that comes anywhere near consistently temperate weather. Even the Mediterranean has its extremes. I heard that Alaska is in the 40s right now. That's pretty sick.
            Torey is from Louisiana, and he thought he knew what 'hot' was because he was used to summers that could hit 110F with the sort of humidity that made you feel like you couldn't breathe. Then he moved to Australia.

The highest we've had this year so far is 44C, but last year we had a few days of 46C (115F). It's not that hot all summer... usually just a day or two here and there, with a solid 1-2weeks of over 40C (104F). We often have a late heatwave in March, so we'll see if that happens this year. Heka gets more consistently (super) high temps as she's borderline Outback up in Leigh Creek, but Adelaide is classed as a 'warm temperate' climate zone. The east coast towns are generally cooler, up north is humid and sub-tropical, and whilte Perth-ites always bitch about their heat, I think that's because they're so far removed from the rest of the country that they don't realise we have it to, but are just less vocal about it.

We have snow in Australia, but there's nowhere where it hits low temps like what you guys are talking about here. I think -20c (-10F) is about as cold as it gets up in the mountains. Our winters are dreary and bitter more than they are freezing cold.

So yeah... maybe we could swap half our temps, and then we'd both end up with 'mild' weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              Torey is from Louisiana, and he thought he knew what 'hot' was because he was used to summers that could hit 110F with the sort of humidity that made you feel like you couldn't breathe. Then he moved to Australia...

So yeah... maybe we could swap half our temps, and then we'd both end up with 'mild' weather?
              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I guess this weekends storm has a name..Pandora...why that name...who knows,just be glad they have not gone with Icepocolyptz.....
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have a name for this whole winter thing, but I won't post it here.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Spoken like a true Jersey girl....I got your winter right here...Swear it is true...for a little while outside it looked like a giant blender doing a smoothy..spinning winds and all.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      Spoken like a true Jersey girl....I got your winter right here...Swear it is true...for a little while outside it looked like a giant blender doing a smoothy..spinning winds and all.
                      You know it! It's above freezing now - I went to the store - it felt weird to drive after a week. Got down the driveway OK, but it took 4 runs to get back up. It's pretty steep, but my Escape did good. I'm in again for the foreseeable future. Gonna get really cold again.

Giant blender.....only if it's making a giant Margarita to be sipped on a tropical beach!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We have some sort of windy storm coming in. By storm I mean it might like just rain a bit. I'm so excited!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

We got an ice storm!!!! lol and they closed every school down before the sleet even started falling.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I would ask if you have ever been in an ice storm...I have,and they can be a real pain....Power outages are very common...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Its not what you think of an ice store. We have had about 1/4 inch of it. Just enough to freeze the roads and make it difficult but not much else. We are reported to get 1-3 inches tomorrow of sleet and rain so well see how that goes.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

If you live in the US (or Canada and the Carribean) and are a weather nerd...chech out NOAA's nifty site.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X