Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationality Stereotypes (split from Atrocities thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nationality Stereotypes (split from Atrocities thread)

I've posted this before, I think, but it's apropos to this thread none the less.

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." European problems :P

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." European problems :P
        Pretty much how come Hitler hated foreigners.

amirite?

I'm totally not right. Some Asian cartoon with them speaking pretend American. Some German who is uptight. And a bunch of overly chatty let's see...Italians, Greeks and Spanish peeps. Some Asian dude getting mad and telling everyone to shut up. And an Austrian thrown in for good measure I guess.And that. That my friend is an exact description of the video. I could not even make it up.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Same here
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Here are a few maps of stereotypes that we have of each other on this side of the world:

http://alphadesigner.com/wp-content/...to-germany.png (LOL)

http://cdn-images.9cloud.us/923/picc...1946886016.jpg (maybe one of the Danes can tell us if this is accurate)

http://www.brainbulb.nl/wp-content/u...etherlands.jpg (the Dutch again...I had to share it because I thought that the Baltic countries was too funny!)

(note, most of these are from something called the Atlas of Prejudice. There's a website: www.atlasofprejudice.com. I can't say how accurate all of them are, but Germany's seems accurate to me.)

Comment

Worked for me,but then this "American" is a bit jaded...so hard to offend us Yanks...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Germans also stereotype each other: http://m3.paperblog.com/i/41/416153/...-L-FdbeXJ.jpeg

Comment

Ya know we 'Mericans really do not think about the Europeans or other countries to much,except if you grow coffee,or make nice chocolate or put out good pron...Why...cause we be living la vida loca

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oddly the Germans I've ran into (including the hot blonde tennis exchange student at my hs) were all pretty friendly and fun to be around.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This one should work.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

http://cdn-images.9cloud.us/923/picc...1946886016.jpg (maybe one of the Danes can tell us if this is accurate)
                        Yea... that's pretty darn close. Maybe switch Mama Mia for Pizza ^^
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: Atrocities and national shame

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          You'd think France & England would be nicer, but, from what I'm told, it ain't so.
                          German History is a major study topic at my school, We've done WW1 3 times in three separate years and I'm in the last year of studying the 2nd Reich through to the fall of the Iron curtain. Quite honestly there's more to be proud about in being German than there is in being British, Our history is either boring or slavery & imperialism.
                          Work hard Play hard.
                          What is history?

Comment

What some Americans don't realize is that we are mixed with different blood. My ancestry comes from Hungarian and Cherokee and other different blood. So even though I was born in America and am an America, I still consider my ancestry.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Re: Atrocities and national shame

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
                              German History is a major study topic at my school, We've done WW1 3 times in three separate years and I'm in the last year of studying the 2nd Reich through to the fall of the Iron curtain. Quite honestly there's more to be proud about in being German than there is in being British, Our history is either boring or slavery & imperialism.
                              To be fair, the Germans also had colonies (as did the Dutch, the Belgians, the French, the Spanish, the Portuguese, and many other countries), and almost all countries had businesses that dealt in slaves. Britain's activities might have been very extensive, but they were not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              What some Americans don't realize is that we are mixed with different blood. My ancestry comes from Hungarian and Cherokee and other different blood. So even though I was born in America and am an America, I still consider my ancestry.
                              Mixed blood isn't all that rare in Europe, either. Most Germans I know can trace at least one Polish, Czech, French, Belgian, or Dutch person in their ancestry (neighbours). Many people also have British, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, etc people in their family trees. And now that it's 2015, there are lots of African Germans, Asian Germans, Turkish Germans, etc.

Comment

French military are one of the worst scumbag people ever. All you said about them is true, Thal. French people's personalit vary a lot from region to region, but the nicest people are in general are by the atlantic coast, as long as you seem interested by their culture and their food. Sooo no going to McDonalds on your trips to France :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X