Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Pretend you are gay. What qualities would you look for in your soon to be spouse?
    a compatible sense of humor

...as long as someone has that, you can pretty much judge everything else just from that quality
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

What do YOU think about the Confederate flag?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It's just a flag. An item that represents a group of people. I don't think anything about it. It's colorful. There is a lot of red in it. I don't like red.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

That most people wouldn't know it if it bit them. Had someone point out that the normally displayed one is actually the battle flag of Northern Virginia. Also that I've seen too much Southern Pride and increasingly want to answer with General Sherman pictures and quotes every time it appears.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've lived in the south all my life and I personally don't care too much for it. It's been nothing but trouble ever since it was created 150 years ago

People these days fly it to represent their little lifestyle of driving trucks through the mud and all that other stuff rednecks do. They try so hard to distance the flag from it's origins of being a flag that represented an army that fought to preserve slavery, but it'll never happen

I've been hearing both the "It's racist" and the "It's not racist" arguments for as long as I can remember and it's just...... ugh
            "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
            The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

Pretend you are gay. What qualities would you look for in your soon to be spouse?
              I don't actually have to pretend to be gay. I have always fancied both girls and guys. But what I looked for was someone who was supportive, loving, hard working, optimistic realist, kind, family oriented, and not afraid to stand up for what they believed in... did I mention hard working? I didn't and don't have time who is not willing to pull their weight and share the work load.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I don't have a problem with the stars and bars. Its a mostly forgotten symbol of the misbegotten idea that the Civil War was about state's rights.

I have a huge problem with the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia being used as a symbol of Southern pride.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Flags in themselves are just pictures on cloth,and if they are going to represent bad things,then they become bad...but the cloth and the colors are only a symbol for some to hold onto an idea..The Stars and stripes are not what makes America what it is,but it is a symbol for us to have to point and say,that represents US..so with the stars and bars people hold on to it to say to themselves That is ME,but not really US.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I don't have a problem with the stars and bars. Its a mostly forgotten symbol of the misbegotten idea that the Civil War was about state's rights.
                    The hillarious bit of irony is that if the South hadn't attempted to seccede, slavery would probably have lasted longer and we might not have the the 14th Amendment. The South pretty effectively hastened everything it didn't want to have happen.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I have read,that Lincoln disliked blacks. It was said he would have sent them out of the US,to start their own country. This might be a myth,but I have read it a few places..
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I have read,that Lincoln disliked blacks. It was said he would have sent them out of the US,to start their own country. This might be a myth,but I have read it a few places..
                        I wouldn't call it a myth, so much as an over-simplified and under-nuanced overstatement. We tend to make history some sort of black and white cartoon of itself. The reality is a lot more complicated than that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Liberia (i.e. nation of freed slaves) happened but I'm pretty sure Lincoln had nothing to do with it. I think it happened in the 1820s.

Comment

I agree with Judge Napolitano on this one -- individuals can wrap themselves up in it if they want to, but it has no place on government property.

- - - Updated - - -

Same stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

What weird habit do you have?
                            There is a particular order I must do things preparing to go to bed. My husband calls it a "nesting ritual."

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever wondered what Caligula meant when he called the senate sheep?
                            Nope, though I spent a fair amount of time considering how his horse might have participated in the orgies where he was the guest of honor.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What life hack has changed your life?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What life hack has changed your life?
                                Nothing yet but I'm aiming to construct some kind of morning and evening routines. Going through a lot of life hack blogs right now.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X