Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm going to ask a question you aren't supposed to ask in polite company. What political party are you registered with?
    I'm not registered with a party. I am technically an independent voter. Though the last time I voted for a Republican was about 20 years ago in a local election for mayor, he was a 20 years ago moderate Republican...so, by today's standards, he's a Democrat. If I thought they'd *ever* get enough votes to be legitimate, I'd vote for the Green Party. But we all know how that actually works in practice *cough*Bush Jr*cough*... :=L:
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I've never voted, and am not registered as such, due to age, but I consider myself a Libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
        I've never voted, and am not registered as such, due to age, but I consider myself a Libertarian.
        You might want to do more research on that. The party has very little to do with the philosophy.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going to ask a question you aren't supposed to ask in polite company. What political party are you registered with?
          I'm in The Green Party, known as The Mountain Party in WV.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hermit Party. I created it. (Before anyone gets too excited, yes, I know you want to join us, that's not an official party. But it's still a real thing. Very small, but real.)

And once I got the newsletter of the communist party of Finland. I've never voted for them although I do pick my candidates from the left side... (and one from the green side.)
            baah.

Comment

I'm not. I'm more a "vote for the lesser of two evils" type.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                You might want to do more research on that. The party has very little to do with the philosophy.
                I have, and if you're referring to the Libertarian Party of the United States, arguably so. The basis of the philosophy is essentially that we should maximize individual autonomy; various sub-sects of the philosophy interpret that in wildly different ways. I generally agree with the political party, as researched, with very rare exception, namely because purely egalitarian governments don't tend to work out very well, from my knowledge.

Comment

I'm registered as an Independent. Thing is, I feel we should abolish the parties all together. Too many people vote with their Party out of some loyalty to an idea that no longer is true as it was at the time of it's founding, and it leads to uneducated decisions and lazy voting. Not sure of all the issues? Eh, I'll just vote my party! I also feel that the people running shouldn't choose a running mate, and that the vice-president should be the runner up from the election. That way, it will pretty much FORCE them to have to learn to work together rather than continuing this old feud that's based on nit-picky little issues.

With no parties, and you follow the idea that the "best man wins", doesn't it make sense for the "second best man" to stand at his side? We've seen numerous times where the VP is a total moron, sending waves of fear through the populous of what would happen if POTUS is taken out of the equation. Do you really want the Dan Quayles running the country?

They say that everyone who is a natural born citizen and who is over the age of 35 can be President. That is true, but there are parts that are left out, little lies of omission within there. You need money, millions upon millions of dollars to be able to do it, and that's even before you start getting donations from Joe and Sally and Fred. While we're talking about that, let's eliminate corporate donations as well. A company is made up of dozens, hundreds, even thousands of workers, who I'm sure don't all agree with each other politically. Why should you get branded as a "supporter of X" just because your big boss writes a check? Campaign on your OWN dime, and I bet we'd see a lot less issues with favoritism and corporate bias cropping up. The best person for the job, with the greatest ideas to serve all, may just very well be the homeless, starving veteran on the street corner in New York who's seen it all, knows both the hatred and compassion of humanity. But will he or she ever be able to once again serve in a role the could possibly change the face of the country for the better? No way.

Comment

It is interesting that at one time both the Pres and the vice Pres could be from different parties..search google about it.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

None. I vote, but am unafilliated.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Char/ten
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1447526835753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	353168
                        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                        Tribe of my Tribe
                        Clan of my Clan
                        Kin of my Kin
                        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Noooo! Is the year of the wolverine almost over? Can it roll over? Are we looking at the year of the sparkly pink unicorn of doom? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Oh I have a title for next year.

I guess I should post a question. Lazy me.

You get to ask Santa for 3 gifts for yourself. Real selfish gifts. Eff peace on Earth and everyone to have a home. This is just you. What do you want for Christmas?

*come. Sit on Santa's lap
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

2-3 billion dollars
                              a talent for warping reality
                              some variation of immortality as a possible third but it'd take a while to phrase this right and it's late and I'm lazy
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                                Genesis lyric

Comment

Working...
                                X