Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What was your first experience with using a computer?
    Triazzle or Battlefield Chess...

I think...

There are one or two other possibilities.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I was house sitting for the week and my friend let me use her computer. It was through Earthlink and it was dial up. Let me tell you kids. At one point you could not use the phone and the computer at the same time. Not kidding!
      Anyways. I found out how to print. I printed up over 100 pages of Marilyn Manson photos for my scrapbook and had to buy a new ink cartridge. I was so embarrassed. But I needed to add this to my vhs bootleg live shows of Manson I had (er...still have can you believe it?)

Edit. Oh snap. I forgot in my Junior year I took an accounting class. I was excelled in the program. So I went from cooking the books to running my own company on the computer called Max's Jewelry store. I had to balance the budget of debits and credits and keep them on a floppy disk. Omg. MS DOS. I miss yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

At Oklahoma State University in 1974. The computer filled the entire basement of the building (maybe a quarter of a square city block). I never could type up those IBM cards right... remember, kids, never spindle, fold, or mutilate...
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

My ex-husband used to build them. (He designed PC boards & stuff, and ran a small business.) I don't remember the brand name on the cases, but the monitor & keyboard were all one piece. Anyway, this was circa 1981, and the one we had at home had some form of "Space Invaders" on it. The printer used those big folded over stacks of paper with the sprocket holes on the sides, took forever, and rattled the little table it sat on.

My first time on the internet was in 1993 at a University computer lab. They used Netscape Navigator. I remember that was the first time I saw Yahoo. LOL
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

System sounds like Apple,though there might have been keyboard/terminal from others. Mainly with my first C64,you used your TV for the monitor. That BTW was my first Home computer,though I had had some interaction with main frames and card punch systems in a limited capacity.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              System sounds like Apple,though there might have been keyboard/terminal from others. Mainly with my first C64,you used your TV for the monitor. That BTW was my first Home computer,though I had had some interaction with main frames and card punch systems in a limited capacity.
              The computer lab had both Macs & PC's. The ones my ex built weren't Apple.He bought the housings and put the rest together. In 1974 when I got my driver's license, I drove my father to work a few times so I could have the car for the day, and saw the big computer rooms there (AT&T) Pretty cool. He was in the whole programming deal from the beginning, with them.

My first home PC was a Dell, in 2000, with dial-up AOL.
              sigpic

Comment

Might have been one of the heath kits out about then,they were kits you put together.

Here is a pic of a heathkit.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hm... i remember a game i played on our computer when i was a kid... one of those "learn to count and spell" things with a cow...
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

It wasn't Heathkit, but they looked pretty much like that. My record player was Heathkit - my father built it. Our 1st color tv was, too! I think that was around 1971.
                    sigpic

Comment

mainframe at university. punch cards. fortran. fun times.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What kind of sickness have you lied about so you didn't have to go into work?

We already know about my 24 hour case of the plaguees.

Comment

I was a little kid and my dad brought a computer home with the kind that had floppy disks. My sister and I used to play games from the floppy disks.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

This would be when I was in primary school. I don't remember it in detail, but I'm sure it was in colour. We had just one computer for the whole school and it would spend half a term in each class. We'd then take it in turns so sit in pairs and play maths games on it. I can remember the people were little stick men, and you had to type commands into a box that would pop up on the screen.

Oh we had an Atari system at home at that time too. The Saga Master System had just come out, but I didn't get one until after the Mega Drive (Nemesis) was released a few years later.

I skipped a few classes when I was in 6th form, and my attendance at lectures at uni was pretty bad (although I was always there for lab sessions in the afternoons), but as much as I hate to admit it, I've actually never lied to get out of work. I probably would do if I didn't enjoy my job though, and I've been tempted a few times when I feel people take me for granted too much (I'm actually about to leave for work now, and it was meant to be a night off.. sigh), I always talk myself out of it because I think, what if I apply for another job and they want to know my attendance? Or what if I fall genuinely sick and end up having to use up all my paid sick leave?

So I just suck it up and go to work like a sap..
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We already know about my 24 hour case of the plaguees.
                              Cold, flu, food poisoning.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What do you live in denial about?

Comment

Working...
                                X