Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What was the last naughty thing you did?
    Hmmm... depends on what you define as naughty... I ate most of the icecream in the freezer directly from the box. Does that count?
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

If you could have a conversation with any animal, what animal would it be, and what would you ask?
      Ooh. Domestic: my cat - why do you have to pee on my shit when I go out of town? I was growing peas, you asshole. Wild: grouse - do you really think if you stand still on the freeway, I won't see you and hit you?

Who is your favorite villain?
      I like complex villains. Melisande Shahrizai, Jaime Lannister pre-ADWD, Xerxes of Persia, etc.

How would you explain your favorite color to someone who is color-blind?
      My favourite colour is the smell of a dense forest, the wet loam of the undergrowth when the sunlight filters through the trees. It is the sound of the wind traveling through the leaves, the creak of the old dead growth and the gentle tinkering of a drizzle falling pitter-patter to the forest floor.

Tell us a truth and tell us a lie.
      I have touched a caribou on the nose in the wild. I hate cilantro.

What decision are you glad you made?
      Getting a dog has been pretty good to me so far.

What's the whackiest belief you held as a child?
      Okay, bear with me. I thought condors were mythical. I thought this until I was in my early 20's. I've never seen a condor. I had a book as a kid on mythical beasts, and the condor was listed as one of them. It was in this book, and I don't live in a climate where I would ever see one. So....yeah. I thought they were mythical until I was like 22.

When someone asks for money, do you give it to him/her?
      Depends on whether I have money to give and how shady the character appears. Usually yes.

Who is your hero and why? (it can be fictional)
      I can't tell you. It's too naughty for the public forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Who is your favorite villain?
        He's not a favorite (I don't really have favorite villains) but Kingpin from the current Daredevil show was impressive and someone I enjoyed.

Also original trilogy Darth Vader (Emokin need not apply) was awesome.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Do you believe we will ever colonize the Moon?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If we live long enough.... maybe. I want outposts off-planet. I don't particularly like being isolated to one location that doesn't respond well to being hit by a large rock. With that said, there are lots of headaches attached to a colony on the moon so I could see it being bypassed for Mars unless we specifically need it for something.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I think that we will colonise the moon, but that it will be more like a few outposts than proper cities.

Ultimately the moon will, in my opinion, serve more as a launching pad for Mars. After all Mars is much more habitable than the moon, and could be made into a proper habitat for humanity rather easily (ironically through releasing vast quantities of Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere to increase its density). The question is not one of if we have proper technological prowess to do this, as we do, but it is only whether any nation will be willing to invest the funds.

Comment

We probably will. Our technology will get there. It might take a while, but I think we will get there.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Yup, eventually.

But, unless there is an unimaginable breakthrough in technology, I doubt if we'll get beyond our own solar system. There's that "speed of light leads to infinite mass that requires infinite force to move it" bug-a-boo.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Yup, eventually.

But, unless there is an unimaginable breakthrough in technology, I doubt if we'll get beyond our own solar system. There's that "speed of light leads to infinite mass that requires infinite force to move it" bug-a-boo.
                    That isn't unimagineable. People are looking for bypasses and loopholes to that now. Finding one that works may take a while but it isn't inconceivable. Failing that though, generation ships may still happen. I'm not a fan of them because you're effectively cutting off whoever goes out from the rest of humanity but if humanity lives long enough and doesn't crack FTL, I expect someone will try them out.

Comment

I think we could. I'm not sure we would, we would probably focus on getting further away to something more earth-like.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        That isn't unimagineable. People are looking for bypasses and loopholes to that now. Finding one that works may take a while but it isn't inconceivable. Failing that though, generation ships may still happen. I'm not a fan of them because you're effectively cutting off whoever goes out from the rest of humanity but if humanity lives long enough and doesn't crack FTL, I expect someone will try them out.
                        LOL - I misused the word "unimaginable." Prolly "profound" would have been more appropriate. The other bugs are, as you say, being completely cut off, being unable to communicate (without profound developments in communications technology ), and the inevitable time discrepancies... i.e.: little chance of a galactic empire without profound technological developments...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well if we get FTL ships then we can employ them as couriers in a worst case scenario (because recreating Age of Sail level comms between the stars will never be a best case) but yeah a unified interstellar civilization involves a number of things we aren't capable of putting in place right now and in absence of FTL ships...

I can see interstellar happening anyway but not in a unified manner.

Here's hoping for FTL. Half decent pizza must spread to the stars.

Comment

If it is acceleration at faster than light, you'd also need a way to stop the effects of infinite G-force, or have a way to return a thin puddle of jelly smeared less than one molecule thick all over the interior of a spaceship into a human life...

There would be no "deep dish" pizzas, only "thin crusts."

Comment

Nope. That's a project that requires more cooperation than we seem capable of achieving.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose to qualify as "naughty" I would need to feel guilty about doing it, so I guess using my cell phone while driving. It wasn't on a highway or anything, but I felt very naughty. I knew better.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Doing it right now. Been feeling a bit apathetic for about a week now, so decided to sack off my usual duties tonight (including pretending I 'forgot' I was asked to check the finances; it's not the end of the month until Sunday and I'm on shift again tomorrow dammit!), besides of course, seeing to the needs of the residents if they need me. So I've logged into chat in case anyone pops by. EEek. I usually break up the quieter periods by reading Japanese textbooks or listening to podcasts, but I'm never naughty enough to use chat rooms while on shift. >.< I just need some head space and some 'me time', work or no.

Not properly as in, people living there because we've ran out of space down here, but I think we'll put up bases up there and turn it into some fancy holiday resort for the rich and flamboyant.

If we started actually migrating up there, I'd fear for the safety of those left on Earth. That big red button labelled 'nuke' will seem much more pushable to someone rich and powerful enough to not currently be on the planet at the time.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X