This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello there. I suppose I should give a little background info on myself. I am 24 years old. I was raised with a Hindu dad and a Christian mum, however they were both very, very lax and liberal when it came to religion. I never really strongly identified with a particular religion, however I felt I was a spiritual person as a child. I've always had a great respect and love nature and I have connected well with many animals (mostly mammals). I've been mentally ill for a long time, almost ten years now and it's had it's ups and downs. Recently I have been a very bad state mental heath-wise and I think somewhere along the way I really lost myself; not just mentally, but spiritually. I have been seeking treatment in the last year and I think I am (slowly) improving.

I joined this forum because lately I have felt a strong calling to two specific deities (they are from different pantheons- I don't know whether this is okay/normal or not); Loki and Dionysus. Other than that, I have been pretty much lost spiritually, and these are the first spiritual signs/feelings I've gotten in a long time.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the tl;dr post! I love what I've read of the forum so far. Pleasure to meet you all!

Re: Hello

Too long? Bah, some of my posts could swallow swallow this up and you wouldn't even notice it had grown! What I mean is, don't worry, I wouldn't call that too long.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself and make yourself at home here.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Howdy and welcome!
      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
      Clan of my Clan
      Kin of my Kin
      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

not too long. one thing here is you never get in trouble for posting long threads. and this is not one of them.

anyhow welcome to the forum.
        Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by eightofcups View Post
            Anyways, I'm sorry for the tl;dr post!

I wouldn't worry about this. We have people who can't always stay below the character limit when posting. You're fine.
            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

It's perfectly acceptable in Heathenism to call to Loki. I find he leads me well, and has me see the lighter things in life. He is a great God to worship, don't worry yourself. Anyways, Hail and welcome
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Thank you all for your kind responses! I feel so welcome here already.
                  I have social anxiety and I'm naturally very quiet so I tend to worry about talking (or posting) too much and being annoying to others.

Comment

If it was a crime to be annoying, I would be long gone from this forum. No worries on your part.
                    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Greetings and welcome.
                      "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

It's absolutely all right and normal. Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                        X