Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide

OK,let us watch and see where this now goes....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/freddie-gra...ry?id=30728026

There was so much BS going around at first,I was a bit surprised this conclusion came up so quickly.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide

In truth I figured no less given the unrest in Baltimore.

What bother's me is the supposed operation he had upon his spine about a week before the incident. I've seen it mentioned in two places but the major networks have not spoken about it. Yet supposedly not only was there the operation there was court issues regarding a payment from it and going to peach tree or something like that to get a lump sum payout. So the spinal issue existed before the police issue. The fact other prisoners in the van say he was slamming himself into the sides and such not that the van's motions was causing him to move about in the cabin.

To many factors here than just police issues.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

One thing that remains clear here is because there is so much contradiction in stories,this seems it will become even worse because the sides will become more agitated if it even "seems" there is a try on a cover up. Understand there does not need to be proof of ether sides take,just the idea will set things off it seems.

If the cops are tried,and the conflicting story's cause a mistrial,just remember LA after the Rodney King thing..

- - - Updated - - -

One point,the "Public" has made its belief one way or the other,and that alone can ignite more protests and riots over time.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Source of surgery rumors:http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/br...before-arrest/ vs actual journalism (by the way, environmental lead)

Prisoner claims that Gray was "trying to injure himself"...despite having his legs shackled, being handcuffed, not wearing a seatbelt, and being unable to see him since they were partitioned

Rough rides may be rare these days (that we know of) but they are (and have been historically) a thing

Baltimore has a problem with their PD and has had this problem for a long time

ETA: The initial inquiry completed
        Last edited by thalassa; 01 May 2015, 08:10.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

That's why I said to many factors to sort out at the moment. Truths, half-truths and out and out falsehoods are running rampant on all of this. None the less the issues now surrounding the riots themselves, the issue of the arrest, the issue of injuries to the deceased and how and when they occurred. Lots of assumptions and destruction before anyone actually knows what happened or how. Things that can't be undone when the facts do come out.

Comment

I don't want to speak for monsno_leedra, but I suspect that he and I have the same problem.

I, for one, am a decent guy. I want justice, and I want it for everybody. I would like to believe that I can trust the police, but I also know that anything created and run by humans is as inherently flawed as humans are - the police included. On top of that, professions (like police officer) which deal with forces outside themselves tend to become in-curved over time - a trend that almost always increases, and rarely decreases.

So is police abuse of power possible?

Oh yeah. It is inevitable.

Should offending police officers be punished in full accordance with the law?

Oh yeah. There should be a special reserved for those who abuse the public trust.

But, in every case, the question must be - has abuse happened in THIS case?

Here's where we run into trouble -

When cases are tried in the media,

When cases are tried with violence in the streets,

When the assumption is "guilty," no matter what verdict is arrived at in a court of law,

How can one know if justice is being done?

Old fashioned "objective" journalism is dead (if it ever really existed, but nobody even pays lip service to it anymore), and every journalist has become a partisan, an advocate for this cause or that one.

I wish they'd just give me the facts as they become known. After I have data, I may want to look at opinions. At that point, I'll ask for opinions, God Dammit!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

In my own opinion, if nothing is done about this case, the next shooting by a police officer of a person of color will draw a larger riot, and thus, provoke more violence towards police. And who are we kidding, there WILL be another case like this in the next month or so. My hopes is that it is not anywhere close to home, though, a man was killed in Zion, Illinois by an officer, and there were protests over it. Not that it made news or anything. Honestly, if it happens in such cases in a place like Chicago, New York, or one of the larger cities; or a place like Detroit, which is known for violence... I don't know, Baltimore is one thing, but I don't think we've seen the last riot involving a case of police brutality. Ferguson was tame compared to Baltimore and It can only grow. I for one think it has a lot to do with citizen unrest. I, and many others, do not feel safe knowing there are people with guns who flaunt around a badge of power, nor do I feel comforted knowing that if I was ever put into such a situation, there would be nothing I could do about it. Though, sad and true, I am white, and these sorts of things don't happen to the societal privileged, which is a whole different disgusting topic.
              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Just had a case in Detroit. A immigrations agent shot a black man.

There are conflicting stories - either the man was unarmed, or he was swinging a hammer at the agent. Stay tuned for further details.

So far, there have been peaceful protests, but I am glad I do not live in Detroit anymore.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Haven't heard about that one but the new "Story" dealing with Freddie Gray is a supposed warrant for his arrest which justified the cops pursuing him and arresting him. The one I saw looked pretty official though someone on that site noted his birth date didn't match the actual birthdate. Though in truth i've seen that mistake in real life myself.

B. De Corbin you did hit it and many of your discussion points are similar to mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X