Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Patriarchy/Quiverfull/the Duggars, etc

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    The people defending it are sending my brain into some kind of stutter. I mean, I can deal with ignorance, etc., but there are new levels being reached....here's an example: "Creationist Activist" Eric Hovind Blamed Duggar's actions on evolution: “If evolution is true, then there is no absolute right and wrong. If evolution is true Josh should not have admitted his faults over a decade ago because what one evolved bag of molecules does to another bag of molecules just doesn’t really matter," explained Hovind.
    You know, I feel kind of annoyed at people who are religious and feel morally superior about it because they feel that without their religion, no one can really be moral. It seems so weak to me. I don't usually judge people for their beliefs, but I find the belief that the only thing standing in the way of hurting people is religion kind of disturbing. Like, doesn't empathizing with fellow human beings count for anything? Is it that impossible to think "hey, I probably wouldn't like being murdered/molested/robbed/whatever, so it must be wrong to do it"?

Comment

More of a wtf moment. I'm reading the news about the floods going on in Texas. And they are showing the floods in Houston.
      This is the title of the article:
      Flooding death toll rises to 14: Apocalyptic scenes in submerged Houston as a casket containing human body is unearthed by storm waters and SNAKES are spotted swimming through streets
      And I got a horrible horrible frightening gonna poop my pants it's the end of the world as we know it..and I'm afraid the zombies are next.

Why?
      Remember I went on that reading spree of those 4 zombie books by Joe McKinney? You know. How there is a hurricane of all hurricanes that hits Houston. And the flood waters start getting all sorts of nasty sludge? The kind with bodies and viral stuff and bacteria? And then out of that the people get contaminated with zombie cooties? And eventually they quarantine the area off. But it's not enough. And the zombies mutate if they live long enough to not get a shot in the head and now they are conscious zombies and they are fully aware and omg.......it's happening!!!!

*scuze me. I gotta go plunder and pillage my neighbors.:=I:
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Its from gawker, but I've seen books for the program at homeschool conventions, so...its not inaccurate: http://gawker.com/the-creepy-fundame...m_medium=email
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          More of a wtf moment. I'm reading the news about the floods going on in Texas. And they are showing the floods in Houston.
          This is the title of the article:

And I got a horrible horrible frightening gonna poop my pants it's the end of the world as we know it..and I'm afraid the zombies are next.

Why?
          Remember I went on that reading spree of those 4 zombie books by Joe McKinney? You know. How there is a hurricane of all hurricanes that hits Houston. And the flood waters start getting all sorts of nasty sludge? The kind with bodies and viral stuff and bacteria? And then out of that the people get contaminated with zombie cooties? And eventually they quarantine the area off. But it's not enough. And the zombies mutate if they live long enough to not get a shot in the head and now they are conscious zombies and they are fully aware and omg.......it's happening!!!!

*scuze me. I gotta go plunder and pillage my neighbors.:=I:
          Stop that at 0nce Duce,you are giving ME the creepers and the Jeepers now.....Goes to check on my stash of survival supply's..Get that bunker door open....
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It looks to me like fundies lack morals, but have a big sack full of 'scuses.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

With that degree of misogyny and sexual repression, no surprises that this happened, though I feel terrible for the victims.

I am irritated with people who say "Well, they're not TRUE Christians", which I think is absolutely the case, but I see very little Christian leadership standing up and speaking out against this. They aren't scared of trampling FA rights when it's about gay marriage, so that's the lamest of the Lamey Lamerson excuses.

Comment

Working...
              X