Wife finds out husband is a troll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wife finds out husband is a troll

update. Since I found her on reddit...she updated 3 months ago. She's divorcing him.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
      I can admit I do "troll" on Facebook and other social media sites. But never to a mean extent, where I could actually hurt someone's feelings.
      I can also admit that I do not act as seriously as I do on this forum as I do in real life.
      I think people do have different sides of them, one being behind the screen where censorship is not necessary, the other, face to face encounters where you put up an act or wall of sorts
      yeah, but I think we will both admit there is a huge different between criticism that lacks tact and telling teens to kill themselves...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who is exactly the same way on the net and off?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          The internet does wonderful things for those that have social phobias. Lets us be able to actually be "ourselves" instead of constantly tripping over our words or suffering from anxiety attacks. When I worked in sales, I didn't have any problem with making the sales pitches, but that was because I just didn't care what the customers thought. If they wanted to buy our crap, great, and if they didn't, screw them. But when it comes to giving speeches, making presentations, or what have you, even if I know most of the people involved, I lock up. There's a sense of confidence that comes from the anonymity of the internet that allows me to be able to express my thoughts and ideas in the way I wish I could normally.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I am too. Yup, I'm just as wishy-washy, hot and cold, up and down offline as I am online. Just as intense and angry at the injustice in the world while doing little about it (well, not entirely true, I've started making plans to change jobs in an attempt to better my financial situation so that I can do more, but right now my situation is pretty rut-like until my mum sells her flat and is financially independent). Just as fixated on things at times, and one-tracked when it happens. I'm shyer though, because of my dysmorphia. Well, until I know someone. Then I'm just as chatty and long-winded as any of my pagan forum posts.

I have my b*tchy moments sometimes, but if I'm a b*tch online, I'm a b*tch as myself and not some online persona I'm trying to hide behind, and I take responsibility for the things I say, and who I hurt or anger in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
            The internet does wonderful things for those that have social phobias. Lets us be able to actually be "ourselves" instead of constantly tripping over our words or suffering from anxiety attacks. When I worked in sales, I didn't have any problem with making the sales pitches, but that was because I just didn't care what the customers thought. If they wanted to buy our crap, great, and if they didn't, screw them. But when it comes to giving speeches, making presentations, or what have you, even if I know most of the people involved, I lock up. There's a sense of confidence that comes from the anonymity of the internet that allows me to be able to express my thoughts and ideas in the way I wish I could normally.
            Which is fine when you're playing nicely as you do. It's when it becomes an excuse to tell young and impressionable people to kill themselves that it becomes a problem. Like I said before, I am a bit more confident online because people aren't looking at me, so I'm not preoccupied with what people are thinking about my physical appearance. I'm free of my dysmorphia when I'm online (and actually, I have been known to avoid people on skype if they keep insisting on using their webcams, which has been pretty damaging for some of my social relationships, and language practice..), so I kinda understand how you feel on some level.

The sad fact behind this is that teens HAVE killed themselves as a direct result of cyber-bullying. I remember one girl who's tormentors were laughing about it after she did it. That seems like pretty dangerous psychosis to me. Devoid of all human decency.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

The sad fact behind this is that teens HAVE killed themselves as a direct result of cyber-bullying. I remember one girl who's tormentors were laughing about it after she did it. That seems like pretty dangerous psychosis to me. Devoid of all human decency.
              That is so sickening. It is a blight on the younger generation that the people around them have been reduced to words on a screen and are given as much empathy as such. That is the only way I can think of that they would not have any feeling for what they've done. They don't understand it's one of their peers they've killed... not just words on a screen. Which is the point of the article and not limited to the younger generation it would seem.
              Last edited by Azvanna; 13 Jun 2015, 18:32.

Comment

Not really. Sometimes I can be more blunt in person, and online I have more time to think and self-censor from some of my more sailor-like tendencies (I tend towards more colorful language in real life)...but overall, I'm mostly the same.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I have a multitude of hats that I pick from online and in real life. It's not a life = hat A and net = hat B. It's grab whichever of two dozen hats amuses me and accomplishes my purposes. Now are mannerisms between any two hats completely unrecognizable? Depends on how perceptive you are, how close a friend you are and which hats you're comparing.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    yeah, but I think we will both admit there is a huge different between criticism that lacks tact and telling teens to kill themselves...

This is my base thought. There are different varieties and extremes of "trolling." Some can be viewed as simply juvenile and annoying, others can be downright cruel and sociopathic. The article makes me think the husband in question is more toward the cruel end of the spectrum than the annoying end.

I think I got a little lucky (or I'm just extremely picky) that my husband isn't that kind of cruel, though he does do the annoying juvenile trolling on his mmorpg.... Like a giant boy child. :P

I couldn't say if the cruel trolling would be grounds for divorce; I guess if the rest of the relationship was good and there was hope for some positive changes in the future I would try to stick it out and do some sneaky conditioning training.

I'm about the same here as I am in the real world too. Mostly. I get pretty loopy in the real world, especially after a long day of work, minimal sleep and a poor meal. Or a lot of caffeine...

Comment

Well I do know I'm way nicer here. :=[:

Comment

update. Since I found her on reddit...she updated 3 months ago. She's divorcing him.
                        Nah... I'm myself here, but I do have varying personas depending on the social situation... I don't troll online, and I try to keep my humour to a minimum 'cause I usually speak fluent sarcasm and it doesn't transfer well to writing.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...