Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Horror Movie

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
    I needed a good one for awhile, it seems every other movie is extremely redundant, almost cloning themselves from the last best thing.

They actually came out with the Babadook book from the movie. Cheapest copy I found is in the $100s. Extreme want.
    Book? Oh hell to the no way hoooosay. Nope. Not gonna bring that evil in. :=[:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I looked it up. It turns out it was only a limited run of the book itself, so getting it now will be expensive.

Medusa, if you'd like, I could mail you one of those greeting cards that allows folks to record their own message. I could record the soundbite of "Baa ... baa ... dook ... dook ... dooooooooook" for you!

Comment

Those "Talking cards" were the direct result of the "Letter bomb" from back in the Vietnam war, Dropped into the enemy areas,they were a nasty surprise for the "Cong"

Just a little history for our cool stuff...lots of stuff we use came from wars,like the microwave oven came from radar....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I love the old Hammer productions. Vincent Price being all satanic in Masque of the Red Death, or the lovely Ingrid Pitt as Countess Dracula!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
            I love the old Hammer productions. Vincent Price being all satanic in Masque of the Red Death, or the lovely Ingrid Pitt as Countess Dracula!
            Oh that was my weekend splurge. Elvira playing all the good movies.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The original Halloween, Halloween 2, Hellraiser 1,2 and 3.
              -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I'm not really into horror, especially psychological horror like Saw, but there are a few exceptions. Like, I really like the Ring. I read an illustrated version of the Japanese story it's based on, before I saw either movie version, and it was the only book that really spooked me. I was also in Germany at the time, (and I stupidly gave the book to my ex, who probably sold it on ebay like the jerk he is) so it has a weird nostalgia for me.

The first real horror I ever saw as a kid was Nightmare on Elm Street, so this has a special place in my heart too. I felt so big and brave for watching it. I say 'real horror', because I used to watch Beetlejuice over and over, but I never saw it as a horror, and my parents must have agreed, saying as I had the video. I also had a crush on Beetlejuice himself (I know, dodgy as hell), and it might be where my passion for the undead came from. I loved Kenny from South Park in my teens, and the first episode I ever saw was the Halloween one, where he turned into a zombie.. there's definitely been a pattern

So obviously I like anything with zombies in. Even if the story is terrible, I'm just really enchanted by zombies for some reason. It's not even that they're gross-looking and I'm trying to go for shock value or show the world how goth I am (I'm as girly as they come these days.. just look at my desk; I turn 33 on Sunday!! And yes.. that's an old TV I'm using for a monitor. There's a technology pecking order in our flat. JP gets the good stuff and I make do with what's handed down to me). There's just something I can't explain. A connection and sympathy I feel for them somehow, that I can't remember ever not being there.

My all time favourite horror though, is none of the above. It's the Evil Dead!!

I am super excited for Ash vs Evil Dead. It's going to be an awesome series!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The Exorcist, Black Swan, and Psycho. Not because I find them scary, but because I think they're great stories. Also, I love Bram Stoker's Dracula, even though it's not a great movie. It's a guilty pleasure.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Carpenter's The Thing
                    Alien

I have enjoyed some classics though. Can't go wrong with a bit of Bela Lugosi, and the recently passed Christopher Lee's take on Dracula.

That's really about it. I'm not a horror fan, but I am a sci-fi fan, so the only horrors I really enjoy are also sci-fi xD
                    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Not really horror,but worth the watch,"Mars attacks" it made me laugh out loud..and it takes a lot to do that to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this gem from my early years,done in 1953....and I still remember how it effected me..I was 6 in 1953...
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"Chillerama" is absolutely worth watching.
                        "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I saw As Above So Below recently and it was definitely a lot better than I thought it would be, being a "found footage" and all. A Nightmare on Elm Street is always a fun watch.

Comment

I have quite a few myself.

1. Psycho

2. Ring(the original Japanese version of course, the US remake is rubbish)

3.A Nightmare On Elm Street(excluding the shoddy remake)

4. John Carpenter's Halloween

5. The Babadook

6. Dracula(the 1931 version and especially Coppola's version)

7. Friday The 13th series

8. Christine(based on one of Stephan King's novels)

9. The Creature From The Black Lagoon

10. Ju On: The Grudge(again, the Japanese original)

11. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974 original)

12. Stanley Kubrick's The Shining.
                            "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

1. Inside. French flick. I've never stabbed anyone before, but if I did, I think the gore would look a lot like it did in this movie. You're up close and personal with the terror. Beautifully gory and graphic and girl power. 10 out of 10 stars.

2. Re-Animator. Wonderful black comedy. Lovecraftian. The most uncomfortable sexual scene I've ever witnessed. Perfection.

3. Evil Dead(s). I don't need to explain how awesome these movies are.

4. Black Christmas (remake). Sorority girls getting murdered in their sorority house by a super creep that you find more about during the movie. This might be one of my favorite Christmas movies too.

5. Children of the Corn. Children killing people? Awesome. Great conflagration.

6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pointless violence that happens in the daylight. Nowhere is safe.

7. Rosemary's Baby. I wish I could give birth to the devil.

8. Nosferatu. Great music. Vampires properly undead and creepster and not shiny heartthrobs.

9. The Descent. Girl power. Tight spaces. Creepypasta.

10. GINGER SNAPS. I can't believe it took me this long to remember my favorite werewolf coming of age story ever.

11. The Howling. Great B rated movie. Nice transformation.

12. Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Laughed so hard I cried.

WANT TO SEE: Goodnight Mommy. Krampus.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1921), Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the dead, wicker man, the omen

Comment

Working...
                                X