Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Supreme Court declares gay marriage legal in all 50 states

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
    So marriage equality passing through the supreme court is on the same level as someone dying? I just... I have no words. I'll be staying far away from that county, that's for sure.
    It's just plain offensive, that's what it is. Way to show your bigotry, Dent County.
    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Well,at least they are not all filling the fallout shelters....Oh Wait...they are covering themselves with ashes..and wailing or something,knashing of teeth and falling prostrate in the Mud...Oh my..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

They get so flustered when I ask how come it's OK for straight couples to cohabitate, and where in the bible does it give an age when one no longer has to save oneself for marriage.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

From the Dalai Lama. Worth consideration whilst busy out hating on enemies:

Friends and enemies
          I must emphasize again that merely thinking that compassion and reason and patience are good will not be enough to develop them. We must wait for difficulties to arise and then attempt to practice them.

And who creates such opportunities? Not our friends, of course, but our enemies. They are the ones who give us the most trouble, So if we truly wish to learn, we should consider enemies to be our best teacher!

For a person who cherishes compassion and love, the practice of tolerance is essential, and for that, an enemy is indispensable. So we should feel grateful to our enemies, for it is they who can best help us develop a tranquil mind! Also, it is often the case in both personal and public life, that with a change in circumstances, enemies become friends.

So anger and hatred are always harmful, and unless we train our minds and work to reduce their negative force, they will continue to disturb us and disrupt our attempts to develop a calm mind. Anger and hatred are our real enemies. These are the forces we most need to confront and defeat, not the temporary enemies who appear intermittently throughout life.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The comments from locals are hilarious/scary. It's such an odd area. There's a local advertising circular that comes in the mail, and the most recent one included someone's ad which read at the bottom "God first, family second, career third."
            Nice in principle, I guess, but where I come from you just wouldn't put that in an ad for your business.
            sigpic

Comment

Just start wearing Victorian mourning clothes, cover your face with a black veil and start your wailing. Get on with it. Go full idiot.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^^^ Burqa prep! At least a lot of locals ARE speaking out against this stupidity. It's a debate of "the bible is the real law" vs. "this is America".
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  ^^^ Burqa prep! At least a lot of locals ARE speaking out against this stupidity. It's a debate of "the bible is the real law" vs. "this is America".
                  I hope that common sense wins in that one. Besides, I don't think that the bible says anything about committing acts of great stupidity in the name of Jeebus.
                  "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Working...
                  X