Windows 10,the disturbing parts:It spies on you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10,the disturbing parts:It spies on you

I've always operated under the assumption that all Windows programs spies on its users.

\

Comment

Shrug, I can't control things I don't understand and it's exceedingly difficult to understand things you don't work with. So I'm going to keep playing with Win 10 on the system that doesn't do anything important. Some features will stay on, some won't and all told I'll enjoy tinkering and at some point ID'ing and neutralizing (or mitigating as the case may be) Microsoft's spyware.

Regarding privacy concerns in general...

When Facebook dies of disuse, I'll consider believing that the majority of the population value their privacy on the web. Most of the time, privacy is a subject to scream about for a day or two and then sell down the river in the name of staying connected.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You are lucky to have a system that you can use to test things...Trying to remember the thing software has to meet to be considered for anything government related(Some set of rules where it will NOT fail,ever)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          (Some set of rules where it will NOT fail,ever)
          Or they just use XP long after it's an insanely bad idea

There are systems that must operate without fail all the time (or at least as close as possible) but not all federal machines fit that requirement and having worked in a public school system, I will fall out of my chair laughing if anyone tells me that state computers must all run without fail. Trust me, they don't and they never will.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I think the rule is critical thing,like where a fail could get someone killed.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I think the rule is critical thing,like where a fail could get someone killed.
              Sure but that type of machinery isn't government only. There are a number of areas where the machine has to operate effectively at near 24/7 or bad things happen. The owners of those machines do their very best to make them operate that way because law suits and criminal prosecution aren't fun.

Comment

Working...
              X