No announcement yet.

Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

Then, of course, there is The Argentinian Solution, where hit squads go out at night and shoot down street people.

Those who cherish, cuddle and embrace their hatred will have something fun to do in the evening.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: Woman with 15 kids says system is failing to provide for her and her children

Little humor,and maybe a little reality too. Give free birth control(Tieing tubes,snipping there) if you know youNEVER want kids..other temp birth control,if you "Might" want a kid later. Also Mandatory classes on human sexuality and how not to get knocked up(also guys how NOT to knock someone up)...also do not shame gays from NOT being what is known as being "Breeders"

and last but not least,as in Futurama,suicide booths if that is your desire...no long term locking away to convince you not to drop out. If you personally feel you want out,then let us help you to go...and softly as possible..Kinda feel it is not a "Sin" to want out of the crazy world...

If you are gonna stay,help feed all the other non quitters..cause just how far are we from Soylent Green...takes up way less land,and recycles resources...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Give free birth control(Tieing tubes,snipping there) if you know youNEVER want kids..
        Good luck. I tried getting that done in the 80's to no avail, and I hear young women today having the same problem. I was 27 at the time, well into legal age, adulthood, etc. All you get is a rousing chorus of "You'll change your mind." I know a few who've been successful, but not many.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Good luck. I tried getting that done in the 80's to no avail, and I hear young women today having the same problem. I was 27 at the time, well into legal age, adulthood, etc. All you get is a rousing chorus of "You'll change your mind." I know a few who've been successful, but not many.
          Right now, where I'm from, the legal age to get 'permanent' birth control (tying tubes and snipping) is 18 years of age. Honestly, the "You'll change your mind," talk is inevitable unless you already have a bunch of kids.
          Now, other than receiving condoms (which you can buy at a $0.99 store) birthcontrol itself is getting harder to obtain. Before, you can get it for free based off your income. If you're making a good income then you're going to have to pay $10-$80 per a packet (could be even more but that's the range I've heard from my classmates in tradeschool.) There was a girl going to school full time and had a part time job that had to pay the $80. She was livid when they stopped giving it to her for free. I know, for sure, I couldnt pay over $10 and that's really pushing it for me right now. Not to mention, that these pills and methods sometimes have awful side effects. So, not only will I be dishing out money from my dehydrated bank account for my basic living needs--I gotta pull out more for birth prevention that might make me feel crappy. Not so fun.

Another classmate from the same school actually had gotten pregnant (she gave birth not too long ago) and her financial situation gave her and her bf some leeway. At the time, she was 19 years old with full time school hours and crappy part time job hours. She lived with her boyfriend who worked really hard to support them but didn't make nearly as much to keep them financially stable. I remember that this girl was really frustrated with her financial issue and only a few weeks later she started saying that she really wanted a kid. A few weeks after that we found out that she was pregnant. She actually sent in her resignation for work and put a halt to school. Despite her lack of income she and her boyfriend started to get a lot of help with their living conditions. A big part of me believes she did this on purpose but I don't want to accuse her of anything. This is just how it worked out for her.

Now, I have no problem with people that have to get assistance from the government. Life happens.
          This lady has 15 kids, man. 15 kids. Considering that my classmate's life got a little easier with one kid (and I know woman who have 3+ kids on welfare and child support who live better than my hardworking mother) can you imagine how much we'd be giving her for 15 kids? That's just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

You can demonstrate the compassion that Tylluan Penry recommends, accepting the reality that some minority of folks may abuse it, or you can fall for the trick of being led to believe that compassion makes you a sucker. Flip a coin and take your choice.
            First is this World News like UK Daily Mail? I've not really heard of it, but from what Mrs P says about The Daily Mail, I should think of this as Fox news, right?

Second. How about both? Compassionate and firm rules?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The absolute max in SNAP benefits a family of 16 can get is $2191 a month (realistically, its this number minus 30% of their net monthly income). Now, she'd realistically also be eligible for WIC until the youngest child is 5, which would give her and the children under 5 milk, cheese, cereal, forumla, peanut butter, and a few other things. Even then, $2191 a month for groceries sounds like quite a bit--heck, it more than I made a month for a long time...but realistically, it isn't great--a family of four on average spends something like $146-289 a week (not accounting for where one lives)...we easily spend about $350-400 on groceries for 4 every two weeks, and that's after I buy my bread from the dollar store, do my cupon cliping and savings card thing, buy the rest at the discount place, and giving my friend that babysit's my kids money to get food for them (when they are at her house) from the commissary. During the school year its worse, because I don't like to let the kids eat the crap they call school lunch, so I make them bring their lunch. If you do some math, SNAP for 16 is about $300 less than the average family of four at the low end (146*4*52/12).

Hubby and I joked for a while (when we first got out of the military) about getting divoriced...we missed the cut-off for SNAP by $40. But if I was single, we'd have been able to qualify. If it hadn't been for my mom "cleaning her freezer and pantry" on a monthly basis, my grandma sending me home with "extra groceries" and leftovers when I picked the kids up (she watched them while I was in school and at work), a fellow vet and classmate of mine with a huge garden and a canning hobby, and a few other guardian angels, we'd not have had enough food to get by from pay check to pay check. As it was, I had to cash out my retirement and budget it out just to keep the electricity and water on and my car from being repo'd during the summers (no school=no GI bill=out 1/2 our income at the time).

I might add that I absoultely think 15 kids is too many kids. I absolutely think this woman should have had more common sense. And at some point in time, someone should have suggested "hey, maybe you need to think about birth control". As a tax payer, I would FAR rather pay for BC than for babies. But there's no point in bemoaning it after the fact. Those kids need to eat. They need a roof over their heads and clothes on their bodies. They need to go to school. And they need someone that loves them. Those kids need more help than my kids do. Those kids should be in every freaking program that exists that has a potential to break out of the circumstanes that their mother's choices have put them in. Then, those kids might have a chance as *not* ending up like their mother.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                First is this World News like UK Daily Mail? I've not really heard of it, but from what Mrs P says about The Daily Mail, I should think of this as Fox news, right?
                Its fairly terrible. Probably worse than Daily Mail.

Actually, they make FOX look like MSNBC.

The US military used to give housing allowance with dependents on the basis of how many dependents one had. The stopped doing that about 10-12 years ago. It really sucked for the people with 6 or more kids.

IMO: The way to do this is mandatory sex ed and free BC , plus incentives for people NOT to have kids on "welfare", and a cutoff from extra incentives after a certain number of kids in general. Problem with that is that the latter only punishes ALL of the kids in a family.

The thing is, SNAP is good for the economy. It pays grocery store employees, transportation employees, food production employees, and farmers. Those people pay taxes that help people who in turn spend some of that tax money on the products that keep them employed.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

First - A "news report" that begins with these two paragraphs, WITHOUT being clearly labeled "editorial" doesn't get to call itself "news."

She says that “someone needs to be held accountable and they need to pay”. We would agree that someone needs to be held accountable. But unfortunately the person that needs to be held accountable is her for having 15 kids.

This is the problem with liberals...
                  That is pure propaganda.

Second - compassion + rules. Sure. Name the rules so I know what it is you are suggesting. Be sure to read Thalassa's economic analysis first, though...

Invest in those 15 kids today (even if you hate the mom) and save big time down the road.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Rule one. If you are going to fuck, then swallow. How's that for a rule?

I ain't even joking. You see me with any kids? No.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Rule one. If you are going to fuck, then swallow. How's that for a rule?

I ain't even joking. You see me with any kids? No.
                      Spitting works, too.

Comment

And you know this how B. De...thinking spit and grab...well no kids for sure from that..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Its amazing that someone who is generally an exception to the rule and represents a tiny percentage of people on public assistance is a cause for so much debate about public assistance.

Comment

It wasn't the daily mail but just as bad. Reading the article and seeing how the programme was presented... quite sickening really. (Thanks for remembering my remarks about the Daily Heil by the way )
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

This is kind of how it works (meant to be funny, but it's really not far off): https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...10&oe=5669AF05
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                If you can't afford the kids, can't afford the birth control, keep your damn knees together. Unless I can start puting down every single person on governmental assistance that my tax dollars go to help as dependants come tax season, I don't see why my money should go to stupid and ignorant people like this.
                                This is the problem with "keep your legs shut": it criminalizes the mother. The father might end up having to pay child support, but he can just leave. He's not the one who will be left holding the kid until they're an adult. Maybe instead of saying people need to keep their legs shut, everyone involved needs to be more conscious of birth control methods. Accidents happen, but they don't happen fifteen times.
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X