Woo-Woo Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo-Woo Stores

So in a few minutes I'll be going to a local metaphysical bookstore that I haven't visited in years. It's kind of weird because my town is so conservative and there have been threats and vandalism before, but at least one shop always remains. This one seems to be doing pretty well for itself. I'm excited because I'm finally getting back into all of this again.

So where do you guys go when you want to connect? What's your 'local' like?
    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Re: Woo-Woo Stores

There was a store about 5 minutes away from my house if I drove, but they have been raising prices and starting to be really rude to customers. It makes me sad because I've been going there for several years, but I don't feel right going there anymore, with how they've treated some of my friends, one of whom worked there, and others who have been regulars.

There's a few about 45 minutes away I'm gonna try out soon. I'm also lucky that in college I was in the Student Pagan Organization, and still have contact with those people to connect with. Many of them have become great friends, others simply are friendly and helpful.
    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

That's really great. A lot of people in my town went through a 'pagan phase', which is annoying. Bummer about your local, though :-(

Ours has gone through a wild ride, lol. It started off as 'Insight' and was owned by this fabulous older couple and some shop cats. Them they moved back east and it got taken over by these really aggressive women. Then they sold it to a woman who really wasn't equipped for the sort of atmosphere we have here, and she moved it down the street and named it Enchanted Cottage. It changed hands a couple more time, and now it's being run by two guys named Bruce and Stan who I met today. It's just fabulous in there. And they've signed a new lease, so they're guaranteed til the end of 2021! So that's really cool and I'm all excited.

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

There is one "pagan" shop in the little town - made up mostly of politically conservative folks. We met her just after she opened her shop and I will be connecting with more of the local community by teaching classes. We have a Pagans at the park day at the end of this month and it will be our first chance to meet some of the folks. I presume most are college kids with maybe a few transplants to the area like us.
        I will work with the shop to supply materials for my classes and that relationship will be good for all of us.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

That's neat. I'm gonna try to get a job at ours. It's a teeny tiny operation, but hopefully the boys will want some time off every once in a while and I'm only looking for part time work. It'll help me get grounded in the community hopefully and make some pin money for my shop.

Comment

Good luck October! That'd be super.
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Thanks ^_^

Comment

The closest one to me is 45 minutes away now. I've heard from one of the owners way outside from where I live that there's going to be a pagan store opening here soon. There have been a few in the past, but they always close. Crossing my fingers.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

There's a small gift shop down in the town 10 minutes walking distance from me that sells a few bits and bobs, candles and joss sticks, mostly, but from time to time they have nice Egyptian icons, and pretty chalices, and bits of "bling" of a Celtic nature... the staff are ok, not overly friendly, but polite enough.

If I want anything more, I have to travel to one in another part of the county, about half an hour away in the car closer to the sea, but they do have exciting stock there, so it's often worth the extra miles and makes a nice trip out. The staff there are usually lovely.

Comment

I know of one within driving distance of me. Its been open for for at least 15 years. Its nice to know that some things are constant.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                    X