THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I think my Rock Stars are giving me swollen tastebuds.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

...sick of waiting for my date with Irene.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

For the amount of money I'm spending on this hotel and the quality of what's being offered... I'm a little disappointed. Going into this, I knew downtown prices would be higher than metro prices, but come on... No free breakfast? And either my roommate took the 'Do Not Disturb' sign off the door, or the cleaning lady ignored it and came in anyway. I got back from the convention center to find housecleaning inside the room. I don't even wanna know how much parking's going to cost. Aye.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

One of our water hose pipes is wrapped in electrical tape, for whatever reason. Last night, we found a king snake stuck in the tape. I cut him free and called the vet, who said to use rubbing alcohol to disolve the tape goo and gently pull it lose. I spent 2 hours on it, and it still died

I don't know if it was the stress or the over-saturation of rubbing alcohol . . . but I'm pissed at the vet and at myself.

Comment

Can't tell if the Mozilla dictionary is trolling me or is based on a four-year-old's vocabulary. Seriously, "teleport" isn't recognized? Really? I was using that word in kindergarten! Kindergarten! Even my peers who were developmentally disabled used this word! I don't even...

If this is the standard for dictionaries on computers I'm starting to see why people think my vocabulary is extensive. Anything is considered "extensive" compared to this browser's piss-poor dictionary.

So if Mozilla's dictionary is trolling me it's an effective troll.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Don't know if I should bitch at Dad's ability to conjure really ill scenarios up to explain events or if some relatives were actually dense enough to blatantly lie quite so badly to him. Either way, I'm not real happy.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My insomnia has reversed itself, and I hate it. Instead of not being able to sleep more than four hours, now I am not sleepy at all. Noon & I'm still wide-frikkin'-awake. The time change happened months ago & I don't have caffeine after 1am. Wtf, body, trying to wipe me out on my work nights?!

Originally posted by shadow cat View Post
                One of our water hose pipes is wrapped in electrical tape, for whatever reason. Last night, we found a king snake stuck in the tape. I cut him free and called the vet, who said to use rubbing alcohol to disolve the tape goo and gently pull it lose. I spent 2 hours on it, and it still died

I don't know if it was the stress or the over-saturation of rubbing alcohol . . . but I'm pissed at the vet and at myself.
                Don't beat yourself or the vet up. Snakes, especially wild ones, are susceptible to stress-related deaths from being handled. They also have a narrow range of temperatures at which they can survive.

If it happens again (which, if you have a high snake population, it might... my ball pythons have tried to make sweet sweet love to vacuum cleaner hoses, so...) your best bed would be to use dirt to reduce the gumminess of the tape residue & let the snake go. The dirt & glue shouldn't be harmful to it & will come off when it sheds again.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< DON'T BITCH ME OUT FOR NOT MESSAGING YOU AS SOON AS I WAKE UP IF YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO REPLY!!!!!!! DON'T SAY YOU CAN'T GO A DAY WITHOUT TALKING TO ME IF REALLY YOU CAN AND JUST AREN'T GOING TO REPLY TO MY MESSAGES!!!!!!! DON'T PLAY KICK ABOUT IN THE PARK WITH MY HEART YOU ****

Sorry, I just had to get that out
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    Don't beat yourself or the vet up. Snakes, especially wild ones, are susceptible to stress-related deaths from being handled. They also have a narrow range of temperatures at which they can survive.

If it happens again (which, if you have a high snake population, it might... my ball pythons have tried to make sweet sweet love to vacuum cleaner hoses, so...) your best bed would be to use dirt to reduce the gumminess of the tape residue & let the snake go. The dirt & glue shouldn't be harmful to it & will come off when it sheds again.
                    Thanks for the info. I originally put the snake in the grass to see how it could get around, but when it kept getting stuck, I freaked and called the vet. Sigh

Too many black beans. 'Nuff said. Should've known better. :frustrated:

Comment

So my insurance has a program for people with mental illnesses. Basically, they set us up on this program, and in my case, they send me this little booklet to track my moods in. I actually do that myself through the computer most of the time, but it's part of the program. Anyway, another part of the program is the call service. In my case, my counselor through my insurance was named Jamie. He called me every week at the same time, and we usually spoke for about an hour or a little more. He also helped me find support groups and new docs and such. Anyway, my number changed, and I haven't heard from Jamie lately because of that. So I called my insurance company today to tell them that my info needed to be updated and that I needed a list of pdocs and social workers/counselors in the area where I will be moving.

Here is the conversation that transpired:

her : "You KNOW behavioral health requires pre-certification, right?"

me: "Yes. I do. I've done this before. I just need a list for the new city I will be moving to."

her: "Well, you'll STILL have to be pre-certified."

me: "Can you see my records?"

her: "Yes. Oh. Oh. I guess I'll send these to your email."

And then she hung up on me. Like, literally hung up on me. Didn't write down the new number or anything. I tried to call back, but I was put on hold for like half an hour and then dumped into some automated thing...which also hung up on me. I have come to the conclusion that this is why I don't like the phone...and that people like that are (one of) the reason(s) I don't do well with people. How rude.

*twitch, twitch*

At least I have the list. I'm going to start calling people tomorrow and make a trip down to Eville soon to get everything sorted before the move.

/rant.
                      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

fagiulkahyfw6e9faoh;fha;hffhafw9tyrui39 awgubkefu7e8toawgulbflejg78oratwo7gfraulweUFIGWTFR AWR&*OATWOR&*AGLRJAW& RW(T&*O @$JKLR#@T^GULBRU@#I%^(%^60620q35640q7865o82gulbjaw efa.

That is all. :=L:

Comment

I found out the state DoR may require a "bond equal to six months average tax liability". I have no idea how much this would be or if it would apply to me. That means if so more money I'd have to scrape up just for a friggin' eBay store. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

Customs and immigration stuff is CONFUSING AS HELL. Visa this and Visa that, if you don't fit into one of their specific categories you're out of luck. Can't I get a custom visa that just says "Yo, this dude's cool, he's gonna be stayin' here for a while," or something?
                            "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                            without his weapons of war;
                            for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                            of a spear on the way without.
                            -

Comment

I don't know if this should be a rant or a confession.

I almost shat myself just now.

I looked out the window and the wind/rain/street lamp/shrubs combo looked like a person walking by.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow cat View Post
                                I don't know if this should be a rant or a confession.

I almost shat myself just now.

I looked out the window and the wind/rain/street lamp/shrubs combo looked like a person walking by.
                                Confession or rant, I giggled myself silly over this. I've done something similar. I still upon occasion, wake up in the middle of the night and think I see a huge spider on my arm. Then I realize it's me. It's my own damn tattoo. Usually one of the black stars on my shoulder.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X