THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I've burned water before. Actually a few times.
    They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
      I have done the impossible.

I burned the water.

ADD: And completely ruined my cabbage and my steam pot in the process.
      I can't even begin to imagine the smell on that!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Nooooooooo! No more zombies til February!!!!! What I'mma do between now & then?!

Waaaah!
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Hmmm...

Surrogate Zombies, Inc.!
          Your personal clearing house for zombie shortages, anywhere, anytime. Were you prepared for the zombie apocalypse when it skipped your house, this year!? Did your neighbor's defenses kill all of YOUR zombies, too?! Are you frustrated by a sudden disappearance of random zombie targets?!?
          Here's the solution: At Surrogate Zombies, Inc. we have the finest, freshest and most frightening zombies available anywhere!! 100% guaranteed to make your children* wet themselves!! No artificial limbs, coloring or lighting. No muss**, no fuss! Call us at Surrogate Zombies, Inc. today and reserve our holidays special, good through January, of two for the price of one with NO limits on the amount ordered!! That's twice as many zombies for the same expense!! NONE of our competitors*** can even fathom coming close to our supply numbers!
          Surrogate Zombies, Inc. We've GOT your apocalypse!

* Potentially, up to the age of 35 but results do vary.
          ** Technically, the trail of slime left by zombies, as well as their splattered remains, is quite the muss but we're talking about those asshole 'call center' pricks.
          *** Surrogate Zombies, Inc. actually has no competitors but for the purpose of advertising we're allowed to pretend.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Cramps.

Must eat ALL THE CHOCOLATE AND SALTY THING!
            Must cry at ALL THE LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE EPISODES!
            Must eat ALL THE TYLENOL!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              Hmmm...

Surrogate Zombies, Inc.!
              Your personal clearing house for zombie shortages, anywhere, anytime. Were you prepared for the zombie apocalypse when it skipped your house, this year!? Did your neighbor's defenses kill all of YOUR zombies, too?! Are you frustrated by a sudden disappearance of random zombie targets?!?
              Here's the solution: At Surrogate Zombies, Inc. we have the finest, freshest and most frightening zombies available anywhere!! 100% guaranteed to make your children* wet themselves!! No artificial limbs, coloring or lighting. No muss**, no fuss! Call us at Surrogate Zombies, Inc. today and reserve our holidays special, good through January, of two for the price of one with NO limits on the amount ordered!! That's twice as many zombies for the same expense!! NONE of our competitors*** can even fathom coming close to our supply numbers!
              Surrogate Zombies, Inc. We've GOT your apocalypse!

* Potentially, up to the age of 35 but results do vary.
              ** Technically, the trail of slime left by zombies, as well as their splattered remains, is quite the muss but we're talking about those asshole 'call center' pricks.
              *** Surrogate Zombies, Inc. actually has no competitors but for the purpose of advertising we're allowed to pretend.
              /Like!

Braaaaiiiinnnnssss...

Comment

Cracked a vocal chord D; So freakin' painful, band rehearsals tomorrow and audition on thursday, Cos that's gonna go well
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Even now as I run my own business I am reminded of one thing I hate: inventory. I hated having to count it then, I hate having to do the bookkeeping for it now.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                    Cracked a vocal chord D; So freakin' painful, band rehearsals tomorrow and audition on thursday, Cos that's gonna go well
                    How do you even do that?!
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

When you sing for a very long period of time, it can weaken a vocal chord (or something, this isn't going to be exact) and it tears a little bit of the muscle around and makes it unbearably painful and I've lost like 5 notes that I can't even make at the moment, but it does heal quite fast apparently, I'll be the judge of that though XD
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Yeah, he's got shit in his past, I get it. But leave him alone, he's a great guy! I love him he's done so much good for me! Gods I hate judgemental people.
                        I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                        I became Abdishtar this spring.
                        Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

I'm kinda tired of dogsitting for a dog that whines for 4 hours nonstop because his favorite person went out. It's starting to feel like I've given birth to this guy and am supposed to devote my whole life to it.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

It's been over 2 months since my surgery... why does my stomach still bug me?

I can't take Tylenol or Benadryl or Sudafed anymore because it makes me pukey. But my sinuses & accompanying headache are making me pukey. Which normally a Tylenol/Benadryl/Sudafed cocktail would solve. But if I take anything, I'll puke it up.

Wth, stomach?!

Comment

Where I live, the huge majority of people are Christian. So there's none of the politically correct "Happy Holidays" stuff, where EVERYONE's traditions are suppressed because SOMEONE might be offended. All good. Well, the thing is, everyone walks around saying "Merry Christmas" and that's fine with me as I celebrate Christmas too, but it's hard to be where things all so one-sided. My bf thinks it's great and that it's "freedom of religion" and he's right, because of the afore-mentioned p.c. in other parts of the country you CAN'T say "Merry Christmas" - but once again I feel COMPLETELY ignored and "underground" (not by him but by the community.)
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The idiot decided that he knew how to be a mod better than the mods and demonstrated this by publicly calling them out in very blatant violation of Forum TOS on two different f***ing pages. He got temp-banned. A half dozen protests disguised as bad one shots to avoid getting banned for furthering public idiocy doesn't alter the fact that he screwed up. Quit spamming the creative writing forum with bad fiction. The idiot can return in 6 months. Till then, the rest of us have better things to do than wade through half-***** drek.
                                Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X