THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

If even half of this is accurate (not exaggerated), this is horrifying. I never knew about this. Never knew anything about it. Outrageous!

Comment

A "celibacy tax"?? I would be SO f***ed...

Or rather... I wouldn't be gettng...

Um. I would have to be paying another tax!! That's it, that's the ticket!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
        http://caraobrien.tumblr.com/post/35...munist-romania

If even half of this is accurate (not exaggerated), this is horrifying. I never knew about this. Never knew anything about it. Outrageous!
        What's also really heartbreaking is why this law was put into place: to increase the amount of workers in the factory. Clearly the devastating results show this didn't work.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Nicolae Ceausescu was a horrible person. Just read some of the history on the Ceausescu orphan generation. I don't even like kids & it broke my heart.

__________________________________________________ _________________

My rant for the day... who left the animatronic mannequins in the creepy hallway that I have to walk through to deliver my paperwork, on a creepy deserted Sunday morning?

I work in a creepy hotel, and some days it just gets too creepy for me.
          Last edited by Ophidia; 06 May 2012, 08:22.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Is it so hard to pick up the phone and give me a call? I feel neglected, which causes a million terrible thoughts to run through my head - which I am responsible for, yes, but it's not too fucking hard to just do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it. I'm unhappy. I'm bitter and jumping to conclusions. I wasn't even that excited to read your letter - somehow it's not enough. Your effort isn't enough. At least that's the way it feels today. Hope you had a GREAT time.

(sorry. had to bleed that one out)
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Mike, promises (even inferred ones) that are not kept are definitely worth a rant! That's actually one of own rants but with a ton of uncertainty as to who broke what [inferred] promises.

I refuse to make promises that even stand a slight chance of being derailed!! If I MIGHT not be able to keep it, for whatever reason, I am NOT making that promise!

And I am SO friggin tired of people telling me that I'm too hard on myself!! Uh, hello? What the hell is this, The Twilight Zone? Is Rod Serling in the house? All that "hard", that's coming down on me, is not my doing! I'm just trying to F**ING cope, and move the F*** on!

Thank you. Moldy cum stains!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how often folks get indignant when I suggest they go to the police first with issues like death threats rather than cast a spell. Even if the person has reported it nothing was mentioned about it, and I can only go by what I'm told. Sorry for being slightly practical.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Two guys on a motorbike stole my mother's purse and she got dragged on the ground and hurt her knees

I was going to type a post in the adult confession thread about what I want to do to them. Something about murder, skull raping and their mother private parts, but I decided not to.

meh
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    Two guys on a motorbike stole my mother's purse and she got dragged on the ground and hurt her knees

I was going to type a post in the adult confession thread about what I want to do to them. Something about murder, skull raping and their mother private parts, but I decided not to.

meh
                    I hope your mother isn't badly hurt.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

meh
                      murder? ehh normal response

skull-rape? no. yes its visceral but really no.

I'm ignoring the third part of that sentence.

Now back to murder, I vote for impalement. Nice lengthy death scene with limited maintenance on your part. Granted I'm being lazy so better options are probably available.

Being serious, I hope any wounds incurred are minimal and swift to heal.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Dumuzi, I hope your mom's OK.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

I hope someone catches the thieving m***er***kers that did it! And I, too, hope your mother's going to be alright, D! I'm WAY too familiar with knee injuries - I seriously hope hers weren't bad.

My own, rather trite, in comparison, rant: Nerve damage, sliced arteries and stitches. And I'm STILL trying to get things done: packing up belongings, here, to be returned to their rightful "owner", cleaning and organizing. Added a bit more pain? Just take more pain pills and keep on trucking!

Stubborn isn't the word for it. Foolish, I think, would me a bit more accurate. I doubt anyone [sic] would ever push themselves this hard for MY benefit!

Comment

I'm so sorry about your mom.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh, she's OK, thank god. It's just that they scared her and now she has to take care of tons of paper work cause of all the stolen cards and so on. We also have to change the locks cause her keys were stolen.
                              [4:82]

Comment

Oh, she's OK, thank god. It's just that they scared her and now she has to take care of tons of paper work cause of all the stolen cards and so on. We also have to change the locks cause her keys were stolen.
                                Give her some mace. Or...some sort of assault rifle. I'm sure it's perfectly legal there.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X