THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Rant: Just found my sister, who's been a drama queen all day accusing me of things I didn't do, decided to wipe her ass with a wet nap and leave it on my dirty clothing. Why she thinks this is acceptable is beyond me, and I'm sick of this (she's literally been home for a week). I've bagged it and left a note for my mom to handle this mentally disturbed person, though I think maybe if I blog about my experiences it may produce more results.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Gah. I really shouldn't go to r/atheism after midnight and in sleeping pill haze. I just posted a reply against the idea that all Muslims and Christians were hateful by using the phrase 'Insha'Allah'. I'm still a holly roller.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        Rant: Just found my sister, who's been a drama queen all day accusing me of things I didn't do, decided to wipe her ass with a wet nap and leave it on my dirty clothing. Why she thinks this is acceptable is beyond me, and I'm sick of this (she's literally been home for a week). I've bagged it and left a note for my mom to handle this mentally disturbed person, though I think maybe if I blog about my experiences it may produce more results.
        YUCK! WHO DOES THIS?? Mentally disturbed is right... Time to put a lock on that door Caelia.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
          YUCK! WHO DOES THIS?? Mentally disturbed is right... Time to put a lock on that door Caelia.
          That's the sad part. I have no way to lock my door. It, in theory, has a lock but my dad broke it many years ago to prove he was macho.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

I wish I wasn't feeling so anxious.
            [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              *pets you slowly

*pushes you towards the people
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The inane, vapid, constant chatter coming from behind me is going to drive me battier. That and the sniffles.

Blow your damned nose already.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  I know today is the elections there,and I wish for you and all of the people there a safe and good outcome from this transition. I really hope the people get what they want as far as peace and safety.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

STUDYING, Y U SO HARD?

I can't study on my own. This isn't a self defeating statement, it is based in fact, research, and experience with my study group as the control. It is so much easier to bounce ideas and theories and memory tricks off of other people instead of looking at this book full of questions that I NEED to memorize and going "FECK! I didn't know that! I got so many questions wrong...I R BABOON!"

>_<
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Played guitar until my fingers bled, and I have 2 exams tomorrow
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        I can totally sympathise on that one. It takes a ridiculous amount of ones time. I feel a bit better now I've had a good sleep. I just felt so hopeless this morning: I was like a cranky child. I even burst into tears outside the swimming pool -over tha holocaust of all things!

I hope it didn't come over as 'no one will play with me!'. Sorry if it did. I'm just so disheartened. You read all the time about people who claim they became fluent in a year. I've never met them so maybe they're lying. I've known people who live and work in Japan, who aren't fully fluent after 6 years! So I'm comparing myself to an ideal, not reality. I know that and DanieMarie's description of the learning process she went though, eased much of my angst over this, but I still dispair sometimes.

I've re-written my study plan and no longer insist that I learn EVERY word before moving on. I'm gonna gut out the technical vocab 'reboot, attach a file for example, are expressions I'm unlikely to need while drinking with friends. I'm also gonna cut out keigo expressions. I can recognise them when I hear them, and I won't need to speak like that, so it can wait until AFTER I master everything else. Also, I'm scratching the JLPT plans. It sucks, because I can comprehend the listening section at N3 so in theory, could handle the exam if only I knew kanji. But adding the kanji is just making things even slower and bottom line is, I don't need to read. Would be nice, but not necessary.

Kuyashii kedo shou ga nai ne.
                        Also keep in mind that it's a bit harder to learn a language when you're not immersed in it. I started learning German before I came to Germany and my speed accelerated when I was here.

Remember what I said...compare yourself to how you did in the past. If you know more words and can use better grammar than you did a few months ago, you're learning, and that means you're doing well! The fact that you want to learn is already the biggest step. I've never met anyone too stupid to learn a language; Only people who didn't care enough to bother. All the people I know who haven't bothered to learn German fall into that category And they're immersed in it....so caring and trying already makes a big difference!

Comment

Maybe I am a sociopath... Just because you are sitting here crying I should automatically feel bad for you? Sorry pal that I "hurt your feelings" but if you didn't want my opinion then you shouldn't have asked for it. As far as I am considered this emotion is fake and an attempt to gain pity.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            Also keep in mind that it's a bit harder to learn a language when you're not immersed in it. I started learning German before I came to Germany and my speed accelerated when I was here.

Remember what I said...compare yourself to how you did in the past. If you know more words and can use better grammar than you did a few months ago, you're learning, and that means you're doing well! The fact that you want to learn is already the biggest step. I've never met anyone too stupid to learn a language; Only people who didn't care enough to bother. All the people I know who haven't bothered to learn German fall into that category And they're immersed in it....so caring and trying already makes a big difference!
                            Thanks again Danie! As I said, I was just feeling sorry for myself that day. Every little thing was bringing me to tears for some reason. That same day, someone did reply to one of the Japanese threads too! I missed it until tonight, but that'll give me a bit of free practise!

As for expats not bothering to learn the language, that could be a rant in itself. I find it the height of bad manners to not at least make some effort to learn the language of your host country. I saw it less in Germany, but a girl I shared my flat with for a few months in Japan, had lived there three years and actually boasted that she refused to learn the language! She was also kinda racist towards the Japanese (not to mention intollerant towards our other roommate because of her sexuality). I can't say I missed her when she returned to California.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I don't have the energy for work tomorrow.......im so tired and hurting, and my shoulder that has been hurting consistantly for a year now, is feeling worse.....just want this longer weekend. Sleeping in saturday morning ftw

Comment

I detest the IRS! I've been anxiously awaiting a small refund, but today I got a letter in the mail, saying they couldn't process my return because I owe self-employment tax. I earned less than $5,000 last year, and they want me to pay taxes on that paltry amount? How? Am I supposed to pull it out of my ass?

Comment

Working...
                                X