THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

STUDENT FINANCE HAS SCREWED ME OVER SO F***ING BAD!!
    and now I wont have my money through in time to pay accommodation cos their bloody employees were too lazy to look into shit. great. thank you. ARGH!

Comment

y'all want to talk about challenging someone's beliefs to understand why it is they believe. Ya know, that's cool. No problem with that.

But there is a problem when you go about it saying things like "They'll come up all sorts of wonderful arguments, flashy rationalities and impressive excuses... but it's just smoke and mirrors - in the end, it all boils to down to them being too chickenshit to face an apathetic universe without backup." or "They don't understand science and don't have a concept of how things ACTUALLY work and are too lazy to do the research." It's little gems like this that just make me shake my head. That's going beyond a critique or a challenge and driving full tilt into asshat territory, especially when people spouting nuggets of wisdom like these have no more answers than the next guy about the truths of the multi-verse.

Believe in whatever you want, but don't be an arsehole when you critique. You can be polite when you are critical of someone else's opinion, at least that's what I was brought up to believe in. I may not agree with what you say or believe but I won't belittle and shame you for having a different idea than me *within reason*, and I don't think it hard to expect that kind of common decency out my fellow man.

But I'm an idiot for daring to attach meaning to the multi-verse instead of accepting the rational "truth".
      "Paganism is wholesome because it faces the facts of life.

Comment

Frustrated. Not quite angry but close.

Cell bill is now up to just about $1500. Kids have all jumped ship and started their own accounts. No word from the lawyers on my disability claim, whether they're going to take it up or not. House payments, here, were behind over $900, on a barely $200 house payment.

And there's debates, here on PF, that I just need to open my mouth in, for spite.

WTF ever happened to honour?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg6664#msg6664 date=1288033408]
          Frustrated. Not quite angry but close.

Cell bill is now up to just about $1500. Kids have all jumped ship and started their own accounts.
          [/quote]

Kids are no good! Glad I never had any!

Seriously, though, you should consider faking your own death. You and I can be experts at living off-grid.

Comment

Only if I can come, too!

I forgot my rant.

TMI alert.
            I have my period. Why is this rant worthy you may ask? Well, it is halfway ranty. On one hand I'm super extatic that I have my period. Why? Because it's my second one all year. My first one was in...march? Something like that. Some of you know. I have what's called Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). To those that have no idea what that is; it is exactly what it sounds like. Poly (many) cysts on the ovaries. Pain! Is a short translation. It causes hormonal imbalance, resulting in wacky or absent cycles, and therefore a signifficantly reduced chance of conception.

I won't go into the 'oh woe is me' rant of my lack of cenceiving. No. My rant is about how fucking annoyed I am by virtually everything right now. From the sounds of this besotten panel, to every single word my co worker mutters, to the abdominal pain I'm feeling, to the sudden tightness sensation of my clothes. I want to fucking scream from the top of my lungs! Water retention sucks ass! I hate this panel, place and moment!
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=8.msg6706#msg6706 date=1288037307]
              TMI alert.
              I have my period. Why is this rant worthy you may ask? Well, it is halfway ranty. On one hand I'm super ecstatic that I have my period. Why? Because it's my second one all year. My first one was in...march? Something like that. Some of you know. I have what's called Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). To those that have no idea what that is; it is exactly what it sounds like. Poly (many) cysts on the ovaries. Pain! Is a short translation. It causes hormonal imbalance, resulting in wacky or absent cycles
              [/quote]

I feel your pain, at least everything up to the 'can't conceive' part.

Even with birth control I still have erratic cycles... I know exactly where my ovaries are because I can feel them.

And my gynecologist that I looooove is not on my new insurance plan, so I'm having to find a new doctor yet again. Bastards.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=8.msg6706#msg6706 date=1288037307]
                On one hand I'm super extatic that I have my period. Why? Because it's my second one all year. My first one was in...march? Something like that.
                [/quote]

I've had three this year. Some women pay to have as few periods as possible and they think we're weird for being overjoyed to have ours. :

Rant: MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

Why is my back in so much pain! I haven't done anything to strain it :-\

Comment

Honestly, at this point I would willingly give up the ability to have children to get rid of the PCOS. It hurts, it makes it nigh impossible to lose weight, I have hair growing in places I don't want... If I want a kid that damn bad (which right now I don't) I'll adopt! Fuck ovaries, fuck hormones and fuck mood swings of depression.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    Sneak Attack

Comment

<-----------------needs $$$ stat
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg6753#msg6753 date=1288046793]
                        <-----------------needs $$$ stat
                        [/quote]

Absoflippinglutely, 100% precisely: DITTO!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I am never making Halloween costumes with my MIL again. "Next year you need to decide by August so we aren't doing this again" my foot. No next year. You took a simple project and turned it into project runway. Yes, my children will look adorable, but I'm making their costumes next year. Thank you.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Totally done with all this crafty bullshit.
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I forgot my wallet and phone at home. FML
                              Sneak Attack

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=8.msg6939#msg6939 date=1288103832]
                                I forgot my wallet and phone at home. FML
                                [/quote]

I've got absolutely nothing IN my wallet and my phone service has been disconnected. FML

Comment

Working...
                                X