Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

That SO reminds me of the [actual] sign that says:

"Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.

We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-f-doors to carry “Pepper Spray” with him is case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear shit has bells in it and smells like pepper."

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hahaha! That is awesome chain!

It's really sad that we hunted our bears to extinction here. I'd quite like to see a bear in the wild. I never saw one in Japan, but I hear they're smaller than North American species (are they sunbears in Japan? I never thought to look into it). We had tanuki (Japanese racoon dogs), where I lived, and I saw monkeys too, but never any bears unfortunatley.

Here in the uk, the most exciting it gets, is seeing a few foxes! My boyfriend had never seen a wild fox, so I decided it was massively important that I show him where to spot them. We saw two and it was infinitely more exciting than the slime mould I insisted he come and examine 3 days earlier.

Okay, not so much a rant as a waffle there. Lets rant to get back on topic.

Not much bothering me tbh, I'm slightly annoyed that a colleague told my boss I need overtime, when I never said that. I said, IF JP doesn't find work by the time I take over this flat (the result of a spell I should have thought more carefully about before casting), then I'm going to need more hours. That's AUGUST at the very soonest. My rota is lovely and quiet next month, but now my boss is pressuring me to cover shifts, because he thinks it's what I want and is worried there won't be any overtime after July.

I guess extra cash is never a bad thing, and I can hardly say night shift is tough, so a few 14 hour day shifts isn't going to kill me. It's just I'd have liked to have chosen when I start working my ass off, and I have worked here long enough to know there is ALWAYS holidays and sickness to cover!

Now I feel guilty crying about having too much work when others are struggling to find any. I'm so ungrateful sometimes.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        That SO reminds me of the [actual] sign that says:

"Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.

We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-f-doors to carry “Pepper Spray” with him is case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear shit has bells in it and smells like pepper."
        I'm from BC...I've seen that joke before lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          I'm from BC...I've seen that joke before lol.
          I've seen the sign a few times, it usually shows up in one of those funny signs emails. I'd like to know where it's hanging so I could go get a GOOD picture of it, instead of a cellphone pic, from a bad angle. I just love that thing!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            I've seen the sign a few times, it usually shows up in one of those funny signs emails. I'd like to know where it's hanging so I could go get a GOOD picture of it, instead of a cellphone pic, from a bad angle. I just love that thing!
            If you want, I'll look while I'm at home this summer. I'm going to the mainland for a bit, so maybe I'll run into it haha.

Comment

Why is there no justice in this country?

I-donn't-want-to-live-in-this-country-anymore.jpg
              [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                Why is there no justice in this country?

I-donn't-want-to-live-in-this-country-anymore.jpg
                Ya know? I think it's a planet thing. Beam me up Scottie!

Comment

Rant: I can't eat food anymore.

I'm vegetarian by choice, mostly (meat smells good, but tastes gross, I can't help it.) I'm lactose intolerant, and it's been getting so bad lately that two slices of cheese made me feel ill. Wheat/gluten makes me feel ill now, too. I can't figure out which yet, though. Rice flour makes me feel ill. Sometimes when I eat grains, I feel icky.

So...I eat:
                  - fruit
                  - veggies
                  - legumes
                  - beans
                  - eggs
                  - a tiny amount of fish, once in a while.

I miss:
                  - everything that ever had wheat in it.
                  - desserts.
                  - I don't really miss lactose, but I hate how I can't eat very much cheese any more.
                  - beer.
                  - not being that person who can't eat anything when they visit a friend or go out for dinner.

I wish I didn't have to eat. I should go to the doctor or something.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Rant: I can't eat food anymore.
                    I feel your pain. My husband's developed a garlic allergy.

It's been a really, really, really long time since we've gone out to eat. Anywhere. And I can't go out to eat without him because I am not that evil.

I'm so tired of cooking at home.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I too understand. Seriously, go take a look at the diet that I'm supposed to adhere to for my salicylate intolerance. Even doctors flip it the bird. Given that I'm allergic to oranges and gluten intolerant as well I'm sorta screwed.

That's why I just avoid oranges, gluten, and anything that lists salicylic acid as an ingredient.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                        I too understand. Seriously, go take a look at the diet that I'm supposed to adhere to for my salicylate intolerance. Even doctors flip it the bird. Given that I'm allergic to oranges and gluten intolerant as well I'm sorta screwed.

That's why I just avoid oranges, gluten, and anything that lists salicylic acid as an ingredient.
                        Wow. That almost makes me feel bad for complaining.

Edit: After looking at that website again, I have a question: How did you figure out THAT particular intolerance? It seems so obscure!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Wow. That almost makes me feel bad for complaining.

Edit: After looking at that website again, I have a question: How did you figure out THAT particular intolerance? It seems so obscure!
                          Apparently they usually pump you full of aspirin to see what happens. I tend to pass out when I take aspirin or painkillers, so when I told my doctor about it at the last visit she diagnosed me with it.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post

That's about like me & my oxalate/oxalic acid problem :P Only for me it's my love of brewed iced tea & spinach vs. developing yet more kidney stones and kidney damage. Try to make a balanced diet out of the 'low oxalate list'.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              That's about like me & my oxalate/oxalic acid problem :P Only for me it's my love of brewed iced tea & spinach vs. developing yet more kidney stones and kidney damage. Try to make a balanced diet out of the 'low oxalate list'.
                              That's also why I flip my list the bird. I don't have to worry about kidney stones.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

to descend."

Comment

I was supposed to have tomorrow off. After working since Friday morning till Sunday night. But noooo...suddenly my tool store needs me this week. I work 47 hours total. I'm going to be a disgruntled girl by the end of it all. So now I work still for another two days before I get Wed and Thur off.

grumble grumble

My schedule since last Friday. Why? Because this is my last chance to whine before I just suck it up.

Fri:9-3:30
                                6:15-11pm then
                                Sat 5-1am
                                Sun 4-midnight
                                Mon 3-11
                                Tues 4-11
                                Wed OFF!
                                Thur OFF!
                                Now here is where I go full disgruntled mode:
                                Fri 7am-2 then
                                6:15-11
                                Sat 7am-2 then