THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

So yesterday, I went to bed at 2 and was woken at 3.30, when my roommate had a drinking party with friends. My room opens out onto the living room, so I hear everything. Music loud, shouting rather than talking. They were heading out for NINE I leave for work at 9.30. Great. Well, I need to be up early today for JP coming over (he's having dental work done so needs sympathy!), then.. get this.. work tonight from 10pm, finish 9am tomorrow. Then they need me back in from 4 (yes, FIVE hours between shifts in which to get home, wash, eat, make packed lunch and sleep), then I work from 4pm until 8am the next morning. Of course, I'm back in for a 10 hour shift the following night.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Having to walk outside in the wonderful sun light and see morons...i do not like the city, i need to go home very, very soon. Its a bad day when i do not get to pee outside.

Comment

You know, there's a difference between being offended and being offended just to feel self-righteous. I mean, what type of life do people live when they're offended by Ronald MacDonald portrayed as a fat guy because "it implies obese people are fast-food junkies" when similar implications with cigarette portrayal is fine? Yes, the person who said this is also incredibly obese, but I've known thin people to act this way too.

Also, having to deal with folks who don't like the fact I won't take a dog out because he's done everything and still "scratching at the door". He doesn't want out to use the restroom. He's learn like with every other tactic to just get out that if he acts like he has to use the restroom we'll take him out. I'm tired of pandering to that.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
          Also, having to deal with folks who don't like the fact I won't take a dog out because he's done everything and still "scratching at the door". He doesn't want out to use the restroom. He's learn like with every other tactic to just get out that if he acts like he has to use the restroom we'll take him out. I'm tired of pandering to that.
          That's cool til the dog poops on your floor. :P
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            That's cool til the dog poops on your floor. :P
            He had just pooped minutes before when I took him outside the last time.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

I only had an hour and a half sleep again. I'm sure it isn't even legal that I have only had 7 hours free to go home, sleep and prepare my meals, in the middle of two night shifts equilling 27 hours between them. Worked out that over 8 days, I get one night off and will have worked 77 hours! All that, when my sleep over the last three days adds up to less than 8 hours TOGETHER.

Maybe I AM a weeboo weabo wateverboo, only rather than wishing I were some super-cool or super cute anime character, I seem to be turning into some souless salaryman, high on coffee and genki drinks, working way too many hours, getting 2 hours sleep per night and never spending any time with my wife, who is probably sleeping with that American 'Charisma Man' who teaches her English in the seedy comic cafe next to the station....

Today, I hate my life...
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Apparently "I don't know my way around (insert city)" is code for something when really I'm saying, "I don't know my way around (insert city)." I know this because people got pissy when I said it. Well, let me translate the Caelese: I don't know my way around that damn city nor the others you mentioned. Nothing more, nothing less.
                Last edited by Caelia; 23 Jun 2012, 06:31.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Oh, family is coming to visit? Uncle Junior is pretty nice . . .
                  Oh, no! He's wearing his GOVERNMENT IS EVIL superhero costume!
                  Help.
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I am so sick of hearing people gripe, moan and complain about the government. My grandparents, the conspiracy theorists, are the worst. If ya don't like it, get off your ass and vote. No one is the anti-christ, or secretly trying to turn America into a communist country, or any of the other stupid shit I've seen in the last couple days. Also, if you hate the idea of Obamacare sooo much that you're going to move to Canada of all places...good luck with that. That is literally laughable.

I just cleared out 200 friends on my fb. Clearly I need to clear out some more.
                    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Maaan. I got a letter from my doctor saying he needs to see me regarding my last blood test. The next appointment is in three weeks (well two and a half really: Friday 13th), and not even with my usual doctor. I'd have had to wait five weeks to see him!!

So not only do I now have to wait two and a half weeks before I find out what was found in my blood test, but I also have to keep on living with my symptoms. What if the test was inconclusive and they have to do further tests? How long will it be before my hair stops falling out, my skin stops flaking, and I can start making love to my beautiful man again?

I just want my life back

Comment

Hope it's nothing serious. Keep us updated!
                        [4:82]

Comment

Two chrisian women are sitting next to me complaining about how unkind out society is to christians. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'll just sit here on my queer pagan disabled ass and twiddle my thumbs.

selume proferre

Comment

On my way to work my car stalled on the street WHILE IT WAS IN DRIVE! I had to pump my breaks to get it to stop rolling. Fudgekeeblerelfcookies! So I start it up right near the gas station. Come on baby, just start so I can roll you in. It's all sorts of stall and shaking. I get it in to the gas station. I'm just a block or two from having left my house. So I drive it *with blinkers on* back to my house. I call off work. I can't go in tonight. I don't want to be stuck at 11pm unable to get home on the side of the road. I can't get it fixed tomorrow because everything is closed. I can't take the bus to work because the bus schedule is on Holiday time and it's not worth the loooong multiple buses to get there. I have to attempt to drive my car back to the last mechanic. Because I do believe the shaking and stalling and check engine light is in reference to my fuel pump system. The one I JUST had replaced by them in March. So I'm hoping it's something small that slipped or unplugged or mis fired or broken belt. Whatever. I'm worried about the drive there. But I'm going at 8am so I can hopefully avoid most traffic and drive very carefully there. And hopefully get it down by Fri afternoon before work. So I just lost 15 hours of work. And I'm going to go eat flaming hot cheetohs.

Thank ME for saving my tax return in my savings account! Whew!

Still. I don't like when my Boop mobile is sickees.

Ok Medusa. That's your one official freak out mode. It's over. Suck it up and get 'er done.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                              Two chrisian women are sitting next to me complaining about how unkind out society is to christians. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'll just sit here on my queer pagan disabled ass and twiddle my thumbs.

I know the feeling.
                              It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                              -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I wish my step oldest brother would get hit by a car (and die on impact so there's no medical bills)
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X