X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    lol....

...I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the coincidence.

I just tried to cut the hubby's hair.

I've done it before--but this time, the adjusty thing wasn't locked into place properly...and lets just say that he's sitting at a 4 all over instead of a 4 fading to a 12
    Oh no. XD i suppose it could be worse.
    In my case i was trying to touch up my mohawk and am now almost bald on the sides of my head.

selume proferre

Comment

I always love misplacing my glasses.
      Because one needs to be able to see to find things.
      And I for one seriously need my glasses to see.
      Oh, the irony...

selume proferre

Comment

All o2 phones have been down since yesterday afternoon. My company uses o2, so I couldn't contact the head of outreach. On Tuesday, they said they were desperate for staff. A lady we support in her own home, so has her own staff, has died. Her staff now need work so will be covering the work on the outreach that JP might have been able to do. So close to resolving this, and instead yet another door closes. The saying is wrong, a new door does NOT open.

We have a new starter coming soon. When this happens, I will also have no overtime to pick up. Affording the flat is dependant on me getting at least 20 extra hours a month. That used to be easy. I could have picked up hours on outreach, but... Remember that lady who died?

I'm running out of options. I'm running out of prayers. I'm running out of optimism. There seems so little hope and no light at the end of the tunnel. Good job I'm prone to eating disorder, because I might not be eating for a while. Hell, I don't even know how I'll afford shampoo to wash my hair. Shame. I'd gained almost a stone recently and actually still felt slim. I'd really, really made progress and stopped watching diet shows and comparing myself to other women.

I'm so, so low. I started smoking again too. Because when you have no money, smoking is such a smart thing to do. It's okay though, I have no packed lunch tonight so have saved the money back. Gotta get used to not eating anyway.

Where did my faith go?
        Last edited by Jembru; 12 Jul 2012, 16:02.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I haven't seen Michael in over a week. I'm pretty sure I broke up with him for good and keep trying to find reasons to make it keep working. I see him tomorrow. Stupid heart, stupid love, stupid songs of his that I can't get out of my head, stupid reminders of him EVERYWHERE.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

So we have a stray cat in the area who is using our backyard as a litter box, & also decimating the local bird population. I have no idea where I can buy a humane trap (our local PetSmart & PetCo don't carry them & I didn't want to have to get one online & pay s/h, & our local animal control doesn't rent them out), so I made the mistake of e-mailing the local humane society. The following is the exchange so far:

Hello,

I'm wondering if you could possibly refer me to where I can get a humane cat trap? We have been having one, maybe 2 cats, using our yard as a litter box and killing pigeons & mockingbirds.

We have a dog, and even though she's on monthly heartworm prevention pills, we'd prefer not to have to deal with other potential health problems. Apparently, she's not outside enough to provide a deterrent to the cat(s). I'm hesitant to use any of the suggestions on organic gardening forums because of our dog.

Thank you in advance
            The reply:
            Sorry, the Las Vegas Valley Humane Society does not provide traps to people who want to remove the cats and them taken to the Lied Animal Foundation where they will be killed. Our limited number of traps go to people who are willing to trap, spay/neuter and return the cats to their location.

You will need to contact the city of Las Vegas Animal Control at 229-6444, but they will probably tell you that you need to buy a trap. Once the cat is trapped, they will pick it up.
            This person made a lot of assumptions based on my 6-sentence e-mail.

So I let the person know a little more about me:

If you had actually read the first line of my email instead of making assumptions, you might have noticed that I did not ask for a humane trap from the Humane Society itself. If I don't want to harm my dog with things like pepper spray, carpet tack strips, ground glass, or leaving shiny reflective objects out there that she might eat, etc. why would you assume I want to kill a cat?

What I asked for was if you might know where I could possibly obtain a humane cat trap like a Havahart or something. I've looked at PetCo & PetSmart & they don't seem to carry them. I'd like to get it sooner than amazon.com
            can ship one to me.

I don't know if the cat is stray or a neighbor's. If it has a collar with a tag, it would be amazing to find the owner & return it to them, and also let them know that their cat is an asshole. I know nothing about the cat other than it kills birds & craps in my yard. I work a graveyard shift, so I cannot sit out every night to observe the habits of said cat and shake a can of pennies at it or spray it with the hose. I also don't want to give my dog the idea that it's ok to chase and possibly kill cats.

I also know someone who is a TNR (Trap/Neuter/Release program) worker, so if the cat is a genuine non-collared stray, I was going to give it to her.

So, uh, thanks for nothing, jerk.
            I provided my name, address & a phone number in my original e-mail... I'm hoping this will escalate into an evening of free entertainment.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              So we have a stray cat in the area who is using our backyard as a litter box, & also decimating the local bird population. I have no idea where I can buy a humane trap (our local PetSmart & PetCo don't carry them & I didn't want to have to get one online & pay s/h, & our local animal control doesn't rent them out), so I made the mistake of e-mailing the local humane society. The following is the exchange so far:

The reply:

This person made a lot of assumptions based on my 6-sentence e-mail.

So I let the person know a little more about me:

I provided my name, address & a phone number in my original e-mail... I'm hoping this will escalate into an evening of free entertainment.
              Don't you just love unhelpful people? Assumptions by stuck up assholes are my absolute favorite.

Comment

Binding and having surgery aren't what make trans people trans and that mentality can lead to a lot of Bad Feels.

selume proferre

Comment

Perz you can get a humane trap at a Home Depot. I know my company Harbor Freight Tools sells them. We sell quite a lot since I'm up near the lovely Pasadena area. We get tons of squirrels, cats, coyotes, bears and pumas!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                    Binding and having surgery aren't what make trans people trans and that mentality can lead to a lot of Bad Feels.
                    I'm having bad feels just at the insinuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallifrey View Post
                      I'm having bad feels just at the insinuation.
                      Heh. I won't get into it.
                      The whole convo gave me bad feels.
                      Also "it's hard for me" is not a valid reason to not respect pronouns
                      but whatever
                      I guess trans folks need to put their dysphoria on hold for the downtrodden cis folks who can't remember to use the right pronouns.
                      (wow that sounded tumblr social justice-y)

selume proferre

Comment

[If you don't want me posting here either just say so.]

Hoping all drama in all aspects of my life will slow down now after solving three different problems with three different sets of people and saving a life. Maybe people will start getting their stories straight next time.
                        Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
                        http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Heh. I won't get into it.
                          The whole convo gave me bad feels.
                          Also "it's hard for me" is not a valid reason to not respect pronouns
                          but whatever
                          I guess trans folks need to put their dysphoria on hold for the downtrodden cis folks who can't remember to use the right pronouns.
                          (wow that sounded tumblr social justice-y)
                          Also when they go "but you haven't had the surgery right so how am I supposed to use those pronouns isn't that lying, when are you getting the surgery." raeg
                          (This post sounds awkwardly personal without context so yeah, I am trans, so it is personal :P)

brb, going to cry a river for cis people. Trans people make their lives so hard.
                          and yes Tumblr social justice ugh mixed feels

I realized that I'm actually starting to type this post like this is Tumblr, I need to stop and use punctuation now

Comment

I could care less what's going on in your pants. Unless of course you are Hugh Jackman.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I could care less what's going on in your pants. Unless of course you are Hugh Jackman.
                              Thats the spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gallifrey View Post
                              Also when they go "but you haven't had the surgery right so how am I supposed to use those pronouns isn't that lying, when are you getting the surgery." raeg
                              (This post sounds awkwardly personal without context so yeah, I am trans, so it is personal :P)

brb, going to cry a river for cis people. Trans people make their lives so hard.
                              and yes Tumblr social justice ugh mixed feels

I realized that I'm actually starting to type this post like this is Tumblr, I need to stop and use punctuation now
                              Also "I'm sorry but I like your ~real name~ better!"
                              "But I met you as a girl/boy, so is it okay if I call you __?"
                              And i could go on.

Lol I watched that devolve into a Tumblr post and laughed. XD

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I ACTUALLY AM HUGH JACKMAN OMG

Thats the spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also "I'm sorry but I like your ~real name~ better!"
                                "But I met you as a girl/boy, so is it okay if I call you __?"
                                And i could go on.

Lol I watched that devolve into a Tumblr post and laughed. XD
                                It really did. That tends to happen past eleven PM. It's still readable... right?

And let me add:
                                "But how do you have sex?"
                                "Oh, I totally get it, my cousin is gay."
                                "You'll like this show, it has lesbians (gay men)!"
                                "This is my friend, a transsexual!"
                                "What do you mean your boyfriend (girlfriend)? I thought you were trans or whatever?? This is so confusing!"
                                "So why did you decide to become a man (a woman)?"

Comment

Working...
                                X