THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Denarius, that's horrible. The owners of that dog should be ashamed of themselves for not training their dog properly. My mum's dog, Oscar, wouldn't dream of going after a cat. He knows he's not to. Too many people don't know how to control an animal and shouldn't be allowed to keep them.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      My cat just died, the neighbor's dogs killed him. I heard it happen. He was my only friend. I'm afraid I might do something stupid, and I don't have anyone I can talk to.
      I'm very sorry for your loss. Please don't do anything stupid; you can always talk to us. Either here or by PM.

While I love dogs, I'm aware of their potential for destruction. If your neighbors cannot control their dogs, they should not be allowed to keep them.

Comment

I whacked my heavy bag with a wooden sword until I broke the crap out of both of them, then went to sleep. I don't really feel better exactly, but I've at least stop mood swinging. Now I'm just really bummed, which is a step up from wildly emotional.

I'm down eighty or so bucks, but I'm not quite so crazy so that's progress I suppose. I still feel like I want to throw up all over everything though.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I whacked my heavy bag with a wooden sword until I broke the crap out of both of them, then went to sleep. I don't really feel better exactly, but I've at least stop mood swinging. Now I'm just really bummed, which is a step up from wildly emotional.

I'm down eighty or so bucks, but I'm not quite so crazy so that's progress I suppose. I still feel like I want to throw up all over everything though.
          You have more self control than I do. I'd be strongly tempted to break a bokken over the idiots who cannot or will not control their dogs. Of course, that would simply lead to even more problems, including a possible criminal record. So you have done the right thing.

I obviously don't know what the legal position is in your part of the world, but have you considered reporting your neighbors to the local law enforcement?

Comment

I, too, am sorry for your loss, Denarius.

Too many tears shed over the loss of a close friend, a true family member to those of us blessed enough to be welcomed into our animal friend's family! Tears accompanied by anger that such a death was avoidable, unwarranted and [viciously] cruel!

That's my random rant for the day!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My cat just died, the neighbor's dogs killed him. I heard it happen. He was my only friend. I'm afraid I might do something stupid, and I don't have anyone I can talk to.
              I to am sorry for your loss Denarius and am thinking of you
              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I've tried to avoid ranting but I really need to get this off my chest. I have a so-called friend, who rarely contacted me after I met my boyfriend. We were once close online friends who met on another forum, but over time her racism towards Muslims and frequent complaining about her problems, which gradually chipped away at me and dragged me down, made me pull away from her. Well, she recently noticed the photos of the flat I posted on Facebook, so decided to arrange for herself and a Danish friend to stay at my place in October. The flat won't be finished in October, JP will have been working a month, so we'll just be starting to get on top of our shakey finances and the October rota is already done, because my boss has 6 weeks off for his civil partnership so did it early. I won't get any leave now. He asked us all to get our requests in early and I just wanted the overtime as I had no idea how long JP would be out of work.
                So this friend is really angry that I won't have them. She's making me into the bad one and putting me in the position of having to tell this friend, who's innocent in all of this, that he can't stay.

I still have anxiety. It's as though I can't quite accept that things will be okay now, and expect something will go horribly wrong at any moment. I just want to get settled into our new life, save up for when/if JP goes permanent because he gets paid weekly, so we'd have to support ourselves with one wage for a month, and maybe we can have a half-decent, if somewhat humble Yule/Christmas.

Why do I feel so bad, for just wanting to settle in a little and not be used by someone who never even bothered with me for over a year, despite me writing to her?
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Triple digit temps.

This is why August should burn in hell.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am looking for a new job closer to home. Gave two weeks notice.

My manager has started being a passive-aggressive asshole. And yes, yes I will make more then $40 per night somewhere else. *Snort*
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Some people really need a good slap. If someone is brave enough to attempt to write in an unfamiliar language, instead of being a freakin' d*ck and pointing out his mistakes in front of an entire forum of people, how about you illustrate that YOU didn't just use google translate, by actually explaining where his grammar was confused and what he SHOULD have written? I once had someone tell me my Japanese was wrong, and when I asked a native friend, it was fine, the girl had copied the google translate, that doesn't translate Japanese very well at all, and implied that this is what my sentence translated to. Even if I HAD been wrong: I make plenty mistakes after all, this behaviour is pathetic. Yet I see it again and again, almost always from people who think their language skills are better than they really are. Is it THAT hard to tolerate other people who might also have an interest in the same languages that you do? I am so bloody sick and tired of snobbery. I know all too well how he must feel.. ffs, give your head a wobble...

Comment

Yes. Yes. It makes perfect sense to force me to take a standardized test that costs 150 dollars while I'm struggling with finances (and have parents on fixed incomes) that is NOTHING more than a goddamn glorified SAT that is such a joke it literally made my math major friend laugh out loud at one of the questions. 150 dollars to answer a question that says 250,000 is a quarter of a million...true or false. Wow. And this is for graduate school!? I shudder to think what the standards are getting to in education. All that work getting summa cum laude on my B.A. and 4.0 in my major to be forced to chuck out money I don't have to prove I can do eighth grade math and basic English? These testing companies are scams, pure and simple.

Comment

Today feels like a crap day. I hate when the weather changes drastically from one (sunny and hot) to the other (cloudy and dreary). It changes my mood and almost infuriates me. wtf
                          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Oshii, are you a fellow inhabitant of the British Isles? Just that's a pretty familiar sounding rant. I walked home from work in torrential rain this morning, then just came home, exhausted, from buying groceries in the scorching sun. Gone all dark and overcast now. Sigh.

Comment

I'm so tired of racists.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                                I'm so tired of racists.
                                Really? I find them quite interesting. I feel as if I'm studying some far off ancestor of ours. They are just amazing in their logic. I just wanna keep poking them with sticks.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X