• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    Even this thread is tedious.
    Agreed.

/10char
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I thought this was for rants, not debates. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's why it was named "The Rant Thread". Would seem more than just a bit strange to name a debate thread that.

F**k racism! In the ear! With a vending machine!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        I thought this was for rants, not debates. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's why it was named "The Rant Thread". Would seem more than just a bit strange to name a debate thread that.
        You're right, I should have just let my one sentence stand & not started replying :P

F**k racism! In the ear! With a vending machine!
        A flaming vending machine full of stale snacks!
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have the post-birthday, post-holiday, post-breakup blues

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
            Okay, I really, REALLY try not to cuss in the general forums, but...

I AM PISSED ABOUT THIS. (And this comes from my state. Oh, boy! )

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...gitimate-rape/
            Oh, this has been making the rounds of the GOP upon occasion for years.

super-fundie Christians at their best...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I'm upset because I'm going to have to go back to working part-time after working full-time for about two months. I've been filling in for a coworker in another department who has been on maternity leave. Well, she's coming back and I can't keep my full-time hours. That was originally the arrangement, but just recently it was brought up that I could be full-time because another girl in the department was going to a different department. Well, she is no longer going (and I don't have the option of going there myself). That means I'm going from 40 hours per week to 32 hours per week. And that 32 hours is a maybe, since it's the maximum number of hours I can work as part-time. And since the woman that does the scheduling lets the computer handle everything and really doesn't look it over herself, I'll probably really start getting screwed over on hours. Money is tight enough as it is (even as full-time); if my hours get seriously cut, I am so screwed. I'll have to go to my store manager and tell him I need more hours or I'll need to start looking elsewhere.

I feel quite insignificant right now. I worked my butt off to do a good job and show what a good employee I am, thinking they would see my potential at being a full-time employee, but instead, they are just tossing me back to what my employment was before, possibly not as good as before (depending on the number of hours I get). It makes me wonder why I try to do such a good job at work when I can't seem to get ahead (something that seems to happen at every place I work).

Comment

I know the feeling Trinity. Most people are not unemployed but underemployed. I work two jobs just to get me to 30 hours or so.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think that the Republican males of the world need to take a basic health class and learn a little about the function of the female uterus. It does not 'think' and know how to 'judge' if penetration is by consent or not. It doesn't feel 'blessed by God' to get preggers from rape. I think a general diagram would help. And a sign that reads' this is not YOURS' would help too.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I think that the Republican males of the world need to take a basic health class and learn a little about the function of the female uterus. It does not 'think' and know how to 'judge' if penetration is by consent or not. It doesn't feel 'blessed by God' to get preggers from rape. I think a general diagram would help. And a sign that reads' this is not YOURS' would help too.
                    I think that someone should invent a way to make them endure A pregnancy from start to finish. Preferably one by rape. Just so they know what it's like. But honestly, I wouldn't want to curse the poor baby with such a terrible experience. Damn.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm sick of living in the very state where the crazy polititian's from who thinks that in a "legitimate" rape, women' bodies shut down and don't become pregnant.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        I'm sick of living in the very state where the crazy polititian's from who thinks that in a "legitimate" rape, women' bodies shut down and don't become pregnant.
                        See your post feels all important and such, now my rant doesn't feel as meaningful as it did before...
                        on another note, maybe said politician could read a biology book? My husbands mother is a professor and she would be more than happy to inform him.... really, she would probably even travel...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          See your post feels all important and such, now my rant doesn't feel as meaningful as it did before...
                          on another note, maybe said politician could read a biology book? My husbands mother is a professor and she would be more than happy to inform him.... really, she would probably even travel...
                          Oh he wouldn't like that. She might mention that evil evolution myth and try to convince him that the world wasn't built in a week and that humans evolved from a common ancestor with chimps. Convincing him that a common ancestor has nothing to do with the working class, might be hard enough... Sorry, i told myself I'd keep out of any election debates as I don't really qualify to comment, being British and all. I couldn't help it!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It is interesting that though the right is "Pro life",they seem to not care much when that life grows up in a VERY poor environment and their vision of NO safety net is strange. You end up with a large population with little education,and little chance to find work. When you can't work,you find other ways to feed yourself,such as crime. The biggest problem we face in my opinion is over population,and at some point we have to curb the increase. Perhaps do like China,but if we don;t find a way to stop the growth at some point the solution will end up being "Culling" that meaning mass deleting. I read that when other countries consume like the U.S.,and they are beginning to do just that,it would take 4 earths to provide the food and water to sustain that rate of consumption. Move over people,that is MY square foot of living space(Joke?)
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Thing is, it's not just males. Lots of females share that same view and even vote for these politicians. Stop trying to stick it to one gender!
                              [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                                Thing is, it's not just males. Lots of females share that same view and even vote for these politicians. Stop trying to stick it to one gender!
                                Yep, I'd agree with this. It takes both genders to perpetuate a bad system...you have to have those puppet women who stand up and say "I have NO IDEA what everyone's getting so upset about"

Reminds me of Suffrage and the "I don't need to vote, I'm queen in my own home" ladies.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X