Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

That picture looks photoshopped.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      That picture looks photoshopped.
      Youd think it was wouldnt you, its so unimaginable. Unfortunately its legit

Let me google it for you

Comment

As long as you feel the same way about it at home

Timmy Ho's? You're not secretly Canadian, are you? Mind you, I am, and I hate their coffee lol.

I do like that there's a Starbucks here under the TV Tower (built by the communist regime) and a Starbucks right by Brandenburg Gate (which was around "death strip" territory, on the wrong side), just because such blatant capitalism is a spit in the face of the former communist regime. A lot of East Germans love the American chains, and American food in general, and especially did after the Wall, for similar reasons. It represented something they weren't allowed to have.
        Last edited by DanieMarie; 01 Sep 2012, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          As long as you feel the same way about it at home

Timmy Ho's? You're not secretly Canadian, are you? Mind you, I am, and I hate their coffee lol.
          Nah I just spotted that you were canadian Danie I lived in BC for a few years tho. Interesting spot.

Id say Timmy Hos is on par with starbucks coffee wise not great quality but trendy. Tho I do miss Tim Bits and maple glaze donuts filled with custard...*homer drool*. I perfer their corporate strategy too, they appear local while being global. They source their ingredients locally too and while globalisation brings more diversity to the table its better health wise to eat produce from your local environment. For example if you get heyfever your local honey will help you build an immunity to it in a way that super healthy manuka honey from NewZealand cant. Im sure thats not a consideration in the corp strat but its a good side effect.

Comment

lol I do buy honey that's made from beehives on rooftops and empty lots in Berlin. Most of it is from linden blooms (they line the trees here). So...good to know!

I like Starbucks a little better than Timmy Hos to be honest. It's just stronger, and Timmy Ho's coffee is too weak for my taste. I do well here in Germany...it's an entire country of people who like coffee roasted and brewed to the exact same strength as I do! I swear, Germany and Austria are underrated as coffee cultures. Italy gets all the cred, but our coffee is better :P

Comment

Yeah? Im surprised to hear that but then Ive never had coffee in Germany... I only head for the festivals and when Im off in Bremen all I see anywhere is Becks, Becks, Becks, Becks and Deisel. So I dont hang around drinking when Im there. Deisel nearly made me a tea totaller (that and the 3 days straight of drinking jager in the sun and eating various half cooked worst of the wurst).

Timmy Ho's Coffee is pretty weak Id agree there Starbucks atleast rotates the beans they use but still it takes a double shot to make it taste like coffee and not a milk from a cow fed on cigarette butts instead.

Comment

Or you can do what I do and order the ones that are full of syrup, so you can't taste their coffee, which tastes like it's burnt.

I like my coffee on the stronger side, but medium roasts. I feel like when it's too dark of a roast, the flavour starts to go. That's why I hate french roast coffee (unfortunately, for this reason, I have yet to enjoy coffee in France). Germans also prefer medium roast, as do the Austrians. If there is any city in the world that I'd say has the best coffee, it would have to be Vienna. A Viennese milchkaffee (cafe au lait) with a croissant (an Austrian invention, believe it or not) or some apple strudel is amazing!

Comment

Hey, photographer bitch, just because I'm ugly doesn't mean you get to shove me out of the FAMILY wedding photo. Not only does that hurt but it kinda exacerbates the feeling that I'm not a member of the family.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                    Hey, photographer bitch, just because I'm ugly doesn't mean you get to shove me out of the FAMILY wedding photo. Not only does that hurt but it kinda exacerbates the feeling that I'm not a member of the family.
                    The ****?!!!

I'm not entirely sure there is an appropriate reaction to that move. Well, short of firing the photographer and having one of the guests take photos. A modicum of professionalism is sort of expected. Bloody f-ing hells, how does the **** make a living if that ploy is common fare.
                    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My brother was having all sorts of issues with folks at that wedding. The preacher stormed out because my brother, trying to be a good husband, wouldn't let the pastor walk all over my SIL because they wanted to read their own vows. Seriously, the nerve of some "professionals".

But yeah, between my parents acting like fools and the photographer thing I'm feeling like shit on a day I shouldn't be.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Can't really comment on relations, well unless you want me to track down 40k vids, but the vow issue should've been settled long ago and the preacher either accepting or replaced. The last two weddings I've seen, one Catholic, the other civil, had every aspect of the ceremony planned well in advance. Idiocy this late from the preacher is inexcusable.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm guessing this was something the preacher didn't pull until the last minute based on other things. Still...smh
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                            Unless you used someone else's photo on facebook, you aint ugly girl!! I mean AT ALL!! Must have been some other reason for this odd behaviour. Even if you were ugly, what would the photographer do if the bride was a bulldog?

My rant for the day: I can't study now that this bloody kitten has learnt to get onto the table. She has chewed the pages of my textbooks, crawled into the space between the cover and sleeve: attacking my hands as I write, and she literally pulls the pen out of my hand... Even as I type this, she's attacking the charms on my phone.. sigh.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1140[/ATTACH]
                              Egypt isn't some third world country. They do belong to the civilized world. Or do you think they still use camels? Wait.. I take that back. Their internet is run on camel juice.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If someone owes me money, and they promise it by a certain date, is it not THEIR responsibility to tell me if it's going to be late? Do they have the right to get mad at me for asking about it a week past the due date? WTF is this, the National Bank of Hawkfeathers?
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X