THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Your right about the Pixel Space theme Chain. It's better than the mint and I like the format, just going to take a little getting use to.

Thanks to both of you for your help!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Slaps forehead and then slams it on the table.

Can you please tell this old fart how to save the change to pixel, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee?

I never had these problems with my abacus in the old days.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

It should just automatically stay in the Pixel theme once you use the drop down menu. You're saying it switches back automatically?
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

That seems to be what happened. I used the drop down and everything was fine until I logged out and came back on PF. Do I have to reset it each time I log on? It's probable that it is something I'm doing wrong at this end. :O

Comment

First question: do you have cookies on,and also do you have Java enabled? These things "might" if off not allow the settings to "Stick"

Why I say this is I have noscript running,and in many cases I have java blocked along with flash. If this is the case for you.it might be as simple as allowing these services.
            Last edited by anunitu; 02 Oct 2012, 17:42.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              That seems to be what happened. I used the drop down and everything was fine until I logged out and came back on PF. Do I have to reset it each time I log on? It's probable that it is something I'm doing wrong at this end. :O
              I have my personal settings to pixel space too, on my home computer. At work it logs me in as mint, it always does, I think it may be tied to cookies and such, because my work computer will not accept them ever, and cannot even save my browsing history. (At least not where I can get at it...) It could easily be the computer, Ive just forced myself to accept that while looking at work I am just going to be able to read some things...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thanks I'll check into that.

(grumble and sigh)

Comment

What? My last few posts never sent? Why? Oh restore auto save...

Cool, here it is!

Grrr.. some people are just sooo.. so horse-deer!! I'm losing my faith in the human race. Also, wish my soddin' nosy, flat-footed neighbour would get a damned job so I can sleep without her walking to the window above me every 5-10 minutes in case she's missing something. I've got cramps, I lost £10 out of pure stupidity this morning and I'm now 3 days sleep deprived. Sod this, Think I'll go eat some man-flesh..

New rant. Sky have been trying to send a modem. We got a message, 'good news, you don't need an engineer, just install the router and you can use our broadband from this Friday.' So why on EARTH, have you made us wait 8 bloody weeks for this?

Also, Japanese culture festival in Gateshead this week. Miyo invited me but I have work, work and more work. Apparently we missed £4 nomihodai (all you can drink). There is also a 'Harajuku street style' club night. I've never been to something like that in England and I've always wanted to see gaijin cosplay and stuff. But, alas, I'm working. Maybe next year. At least we're all booked up to go to the Teikyo matsuri this year. But.. FOUR POUNDS?? All I could have drunk is a lot too!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have a lj friend who has been going through the process of reverting to Islam. She's been doing so for quite some time. Even learning the prayers in Arabic. She was very dedicated. I just found out she went back to Christianity. And I didn't know why. Until I read her journal post today. It seems she was attacked on a train and her hijabi was ripped off of her. I feel so bad for her. She feels in spiritual limbo and misses Islam.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I have a lj friend who has been going through the process of reverting to Islam. She's been doing so for quite some time. Even learning the prayers in Arabic. She was very dedicated. I just found out she went back to Christianity. And I didn't know why. Until I read her journal post today. It seems she was attacked on a train and her hijabi was ripped off of her. I feel so bad for her. She feels in spiritual limbo and misses Islam.
                      Let her know I shall burn two flags and kill three infidels to defend her honor.
                      [4:82]

Comment

ughh, how the frak does a US citizen not have f****** clue about a president's term of service? There's only two legal options. 4 years for one term, 8 for two. A 5-6 year US president only occurs by virtue of resignation, impeachment (and conviction) and/or assassination. The first has occured once, the second never and the third last occurred before I was born. Otherwise 4 years or 8, that's it.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          ughh, how the frak does a US citizen not have f****** clue about a president's term of service? There's only two legal options. 4 years for one term, 8 for two. A 5-6 year US president only occurs by virtue of resignation, impeachment (and conviction) and/or assassination. The first has occured once, the second never and the third last occurred before I was born. Otherwise 4 years or 8, that's it.
                          It's funny you mention this. My Step dad SWEARS that a president can serve 3 terms as long as they aren't 3 consecutive terms. Hubby and I tried to correct him and he just wasn't having it. I asked him what cool-aid he was drinking.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                            It's funny you mention this. My Step dad SWEARS that a president can serve 3 terms as long as they aren't 3 consecutive terms. Hubby and I tried to correct him and he just wasn't having it. I asked him what cool-aid he was drinking.
                            I'd forgotten about that and had to look it up but

provided that Wikipedia can be trusted to quote the 22nd Amendment accurately, no that is not a valid loophole. As of 1951, the Constitution is pretty explicit.

Forgot earlier but the VP can be invested (I believe) under certain conditions where the President is incapable of performing his duties but I don't know if that's occurred under a circumstance where the Pres lived.
                            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Oh, yeah I know what you mean. But he meant to be elected for 3 terms from the get go, but not as VP first and then President.
                              Sneak Attack

Comment

yeah, no...

Only currently legal way to serve over 8 years is to be a VP that takes over for less than 2 years from a sitting President and then gets elected twice. Now I'll grant that the exact text of the 22nd Amendment fails to make its way into civics courses rather frequently so I'm more tolerant of not knowing it than the comment that sparked my prior rant but the text doesn't leave a loophole there. I'll also point out that FDR did have more than two terms but he predates the 22nd Amendment. Law as of 1951 is two elections or more than two years of another President's term and one election. The only real loophole is that it might be possible to run as a VP after having been President twice. It probably won't work since Amendment 12 bans anyone ineligible to be President from running as VP but I've seen some weird arguments there and the issue has never been tested.

Comment

Working...
                                X