THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

We have some weird Santa Ana winds going on. And tomorrow is a PLANNED outage from...oh you know...anytime between 8am and 5pm. And it might not start at 8am. And it might go on and off. You know...craptacular! >
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Just let out all my ragin-ness out on my bestfriend and now although I feel what I said was true and honest I feel like a bitch for it. Makes me feel awful down
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I've been cooping myself up in my room for too long. >_> But my dad just went to lay down.
        Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg7668#msg7668 date=1288280798]
          Dammit. I knew I should have warned you guys, east of me, that it was as bad as they were predicting. Maybe even worse.

Good luck, B!
          [/quote]

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg7739#msg7739 date=1288291275]
          We have some weird Santa Ana winds going on. And tomorrow is a PLANNED outage from...oh you know...anytime between 8am and 5pm. And it might not start at 8am. And it might go on and off. You know...craptacular! >
          [/quote]

I'd settle for on and off power. At least we could flush the somewhat aromatic toilet.

The power company is telling us that they've experienced a "catastrophic failure" which I am taking to mean that their entire facility is now in the Land of Oz. We won't have power, they say, for several days... unless the Wizard interveins. Are there any witches about who might be willing to send a broom?

I am currently at work, enjoying lights, internet, and flushing potties, and wondering what I can eat at home that doesn't need to be cooked. I think there's a can of anchovies, somewhere. If not, I have gin.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I installed the new Windows Live 2011 messenger. Somehow in the last two days since the download, I have a fucked up comp. I am getting some sort of Trojan that keeps wanting to install. And my Norton finds it, removes it, and makes me restart my computer. I've done this twice the last two days. I then found that I tried to restore my comp to before this installation and it FAILS. Now when I try to log into MSN messenger I get an error first, then I say ok and then I can log in. I am waiting fora full scan. Then I am going to start my fucking laptop in SAFE mode and restore from there. I fucking hate Installations!

Comment

Welcome to the marvelous world of software integration of windows! When you scrap and old compatible files with a new updates, it scraps a whole bunch of other things.

Yep, I had also problems with live 2011, Realign anti-virus mailbox scanner, update MSN, update Silverlight main and activeX, delete old registry information, redirect boot of microsoft mail services information to Live 2011... whew!!! Finally did get an error free boot.

Kept me occupied for 4 hours... thank the Gods I know how to make a ninja boot CD for Windows!

Comment

[quote author=TaiganPagan link=topic=8.msg7919#msg7919 date=1288326290]
                Welcome to the marvelous world of software integration of windows! When you scrap and old compatible files with a new updates, it scraps a whole bunch of other things.

Yep, I had also problems with live 2011, Realign anti-virus mailbox scanner, update MSN, update Silverlight main and activeX, delete old registry information, redirect boot of microsoft mail services information to Live 2011... whew!!! Finally did get an error free boot.

Kept me occupied for 4 hours... thank the Gods I know how to make a ninja boot CD for Windows!
                [/quote]
                I did a restore in safe mode and so far....it seems to have fixed the errors. But seriously? Every single time I have to update the Windows Messenger to the new version, it f's me over. Now it tried to put MSN as my homepage. So much time goes between updates that I forget the headache I had last time. Though, it's actually needed. My webcam features are alot better now in the newer version. I can actually adjust the webcam settings while it's on and check it live. Before I had to log off the IM and then go into the audio/video set up and fiddle then faddle. It's a bit more stream lined too. But man, it's so full of FAIL too.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg7931#msg7931 date=1288331537]
                  I did a restore in safe mode and so far....it seems to have fixed the errors. But seriously? Every single time I have to update the Windows Messenger to the new version, it f's me over. Now it tried to put MSN as my homepage. So much time goes between updates that I forget the headache I had last time. Though, it's actually needed. My webcam features are alot better now in the newer version. I can actually adjust the webcam settings while it's on and check it live. Before I had to log off the IM and then go into the audio/video set up and fiddle then faddle. It's a bit more stream lined too. But man, it's so full of FAIL too.
                  [/quote]

Funnily enough, I did this exact same thing this morning. Vista automatically updated Live MSN in my sleep, and then my whole computer was like CRASHBOOMFAIL. I did a system restore in normal mode, and fuck all happened, then I did a system restore in SAFE mode, and then my Norton antivirus went Kaput (!) ...AND THEN...I tried to restart my computer and it got stuck on the "shutting down" screen.

This took me three hours this morning, 2 system restores, and 7 restarts.

Mostly art.

Comment

I googled Windows Live 2011 update errors. Besides finding out it was flagged as an IMPORTANT UPDATE (though it's NOT) I also found numerous threads around internet town saying just how bugged out this particular update was. Stupid crap!

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg7952#msg7952 date=1288334831]
                      I googled Windows Live 2011 update errors. Besides finding out it was flagged as an IMPORTANT UPDATE (though it's NOT) I also found numerous threads around internet town saying just how bugged out this particular update was. Stupid crap!
                      [/quote]

I like the one I have just fine - why the fuck is everything becoming about how easy it is to social network? "Get this phone, you can twitter with it, use facebook, AND play games with other people" - "What? You don't have twitter? You should twitter." - "Here, have this new version of MSN AND SEE WHAT YOUR FRIENDS ARE UP TO."

FUCK OFF. If I wanted you to know about my life, I'd send you a god damned email.

Mostly art.

Comment

Reading all of that makes me rather pleased I have XP and do not have to deal with the shenanigans that is known as Windows Live 2011. I'm rather happy with the version I have now even though it annoys me.

Small rant: I feel kind of shitty, and tired. I've been moving around a lot to wake up. (Was kind of forced to wake up at 7:07am because of the dog walking around and pooping and he refused to go out when I went to grab his leash. >O I let the other one out and she just barked at the middle schoolers and high schoolers heading to their bus stop. :/ I was not in a very good mood this morning... now I'm in a splendid mood~)

Comment

For some reason...my legs are killing me. I have no fucking clue why but it is really starting to bother me!

Comment

Why do people feel an idiotic need to argue when challenged for ID? It's real easy, humanity,

CARRY YOUR F***ING LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It saves the aggravation of me ignoring your claim that you're one of several hundred people who went to school with me 8 years ago. It saves you from the aggravation of all your no doubt seemingly reasonable arguments that you must be over 18. None of which I care about because they normally rely on information I can't verify. The magic little piece of plastic makes everyone's life easier so quit whining and start carrying it when you leave home.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I love that ^.

I saw a sign in a local gas station/convenience store (meant for both tobacco and alcohol): "Do not be offended if asked for your ID. If you even remotely look under the age of 36, you WILL be carded."

I wasn't carded. That's sad.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You tell me I should get out more but whenever I do ask to tag along with you and mom, you whine and complain how it'll be crowded in the truck yet, you continue to tell me to get out more. Dear father, there is not much here in this little suburb. There is a plants nursery, and a few convenience stores, and a place where you can get ice cream in the late spring and throughout summer. All of which do not catch my interest much, and take 45 minutes to probably 2 or so hours walking wise.

If you want me to get out more then stop your bitching and let me tag along with you and mom when you guys go to town. Your whining, complaining and moaning is what prevents me from asking because frankly, I do not want to hear it. This is why I wish I lived in town or in the city, because then I would not have to hear your constant moaning about how I'm not getting out.

Dear father, I do take the occasional walk around the trailer park. I could take the 45 minutes to an hour or 2 walk but I have no desire to since that places around here do not hold my interest well... they're only purely job opportunities and there is, alas, not much here.

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X