Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Automated machine gun turrets should do the trick.
    I don't think it would they would still be trying to get on the elevator to go to the emergency room...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      I don't think it would they would still be trying to get on the elevator to go to the emergency room...
      Ouch, I'd hope they stop after the first body.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ouch, I'd hope they stop after the first body.
        Wouldn't happen. A Swiss Cheese corpse, in front of the elevator doors, would definitely be disregarded as just another S.E.P. except for the deceased being exceptionally rude for impeding access to the elevator. People might actually have to bother themselves with stepping *around* some poor, aerated chap that has now assumed room temperature. S/He's in a hospital and, so, should have gone to the emergency department before dying! The inconsiderate dolt!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted this in What are you thinking about?

What's on my mind..........?
          WELL
          A woman came into my work a few times, she's as sweet as can be, she spends loads of money (which is good for business and whether she can afford to do that is her business so that's nice)
          But I get super chatty with the customers, and she opens up easily. We got to talking about my art and before she left one day I gave her my business card for my freelance thing and she interpreted it as a friend invite type thing and was like "K LET'S HANGOUT!"
          So I'm all O.o faced.
          A few weeks go by and she came back in today, spent some more money and again before she left she asked if I was serious about hanging out.
          And I felt super cornered because she's such a good customer, and I feel like she needs the company so I ended up saying yes and mentioning getting coffee...
          And MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't want too (/hermit, when I'm not at work, all I do is play video games and draw XD Not super fond of going out)
          But I feel so guilty and I'm just a selfish ass ._. /can't deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            Wouldn't happen. A Swiss Cheese corpse, in front of the elevator doors, would definitely be disregarded as just another S.E.P. except for the deceased being exceptionally rude for impeding access to the elevator. People might actually have to bother themselves with stepping *around* some poor, aerated chap that has now assumed room temperature. S/He's in a hospital and, so, should have gone to the emergency department before dying! The inconsiderate dolt!
            So we convince the first fifty to try and mob rush the turrets. When they're all dead then deactivate the turrets and put together a nice barricade of the dead before reactivating the system. Hopefully being forced to literally climb over a mini wall of the dead will discourage casual attempts on the elevator.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

So we convince the first fifty to try and mob rush the turrets. When they're all dead then deactivate the turrets and put together a nice barricade of the dead before reactivating the system. Hopefully being forced to literally climb over a mini wall of the dead will discourage casual attempts on the elevator.
              Where am I going to get so many people for an all at once demonstration?

Originally posted by Phuntcaise View Post
              Originally posted this in What are you thinking about?

What's on my mind..........?
              WELL
              A woman came into my work a few times, she's as sweet as can be, she spends loads of money (which is good for business and whether she can afford to do that is her business so that's nice)
              But I get super chatty with the customers, and she opens up easily. We got to talking about my art and before she left one day I gave her my business card for my freelance thing and she interpreted it as a friend invite type thing and was like "K LET'S HANGOUT!"
              So I'm all O.o faced.
              A few weeks go by and she came back in today, spent some more money and again before she left she asked if I was serious about hanging out.
              And I felt super cornered because she's such a good customer, and I feel like she needs the company so I ended up saying yes and mentioning getting coffee...
              And MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't want too (/hermit, when I'm not at work, all I do is play video games and draw XD Not super fond of going out)
              But I feel so guilty and I'm just a selfish ass ._. /can't deal.
              I have similar problem, so I do NOT carry business cards! I also never show anyone my artwork, so that is another issue entirely
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Scrapbooking the dividers for my ritual books that I'm making myself (binding and all), artisan (read yuppee) tacos, and trying to find cute ways to organize stuff in my room. Gods help me I'm turning into one of THOSE chicks.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  Scrapbooking the dividers for my ritual books that I'm making myself (binding and all), artisan (read yuppee) tacos, and trying to find cute ways to organize stuff in my room. Gods help me I'm turning into one of THOSE chicks.
                  Haha, if it makes you feel any better, today I've: gone to the gym and worked out in yoga pants, gone grocery shopping and carried it all home in a backpack, and cooked (here's the kicker) ...I just finished making lentil-pumpkin puree soup, homemade gluten free, lactose free quinoa veggie burgers, and I'm about to start on some gluten free muffins for breakfast tomorrow. I still have plans on cleaning my kitchen, and working on my BoS too.

We're BOTH that chick. Yuppee food is awesome, and organized stuff is awesome too.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Haha, if it makes you feel any better, today I've: gone to the gym and worked out in yoga pants, gone grocery shopping and carried it all home in a backpack, and cooked (here's the kicker) ...I just finished making lentil-pumpkin puree soup, homemade gluten free, lactose free quinoa veggie burgers, and I'm about to start on some gluten free muffins for breakfast tomorrow. I still have plans on cleaning my kitchen, and working on my BoS too.

We're BOTH that chick. Yuppee food is awesome, and organized stuff is awesome too.
                    I do feel a little bit better, though I hate yoga pants out of the sheer fact every dancer wore them when I was in school.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Fair warning: this rant is kind of long, but I need to vent.

I've been thinking about my family. My mom (actually my grandmother, but she raised me, so she's mom to me) is the only member of my family to give a crap about me. The rest of my family doesn't seem to remember that I exist half the time. Here are examples:

● If a relative calls, they always want to talk to my mom, never me. If I answer the phone, they can't even be bothered to at least ask how I'm doing before asking for her.

● Every time a relative has left a message on our answering machine, they always direct the message to her. They call sometimes just to see how things are, and they always ask how she's doing and if she needs anything. It's like I'm not even in the same household. She doesn't live by herself, people.

● When Mom and I have gone to visit them, I have been outright ignored. I have tried to participate in conversations only to get talked over as if I wasn't even saying anything. They always act like what I have to say is boring to them.

● They have never acknowledged my birthday. I'm not looking for presents (couldn't care less, really), but a call to say "happy birthday" would be nice. Especially when I know for a fact that they acknowledge my cousins' birthdays (anywhere from just saying "happy birthday" to presents to just doing something with them).

● Most recent event is that they called my mom to say they were taking her out to lunch for her birthday. At least three or four (or more) relatives going. Didn't say anything about me going. Now I'm not looking for a free lunch, but it would be nice to be included in the little celebration they've got going for my mom's birthday. During a later phone call, my aunt asks if I'm coming, too. Why would I go? I wasn't invited; no one talked to me to invite me. I'm not the kind of person to just invite myself. When my aunt asked this, she asked my mom, she still didn't talk directly to me. My mom told her she didn't know. My aunt tried to act as if they all just figured I would come along. Well, I'm making the decision not to, since it's obvious they don't really want me there, since they still never really outright invited me. I don't go where I'm not wanted.

● When my brother got married, no one said anything to me. Now, mind you, this is one instance where they didn't say anything to my mom either, but that's rare that she's not told about something. I didn't even know until after he was married. Now I'm not real close to my siblings, but we get along fine. You would think someone would have said, "Hey, we need to invite your sister and grandmother." But no, I didn't know about it until at a gathering and get told that this woman is my sister-in-law and these three boys are my step-nephews.

● A few relatives tried making me out to be a black sheep in the family some years back. Saying all sorts of nasty things; trying to make it seem like I was mooching off my mom (when, in reality, their own son was mooching off them). They even got my aunt involved. And she decided it was okay to say something nasty towards me concerning the situation the day after my dad (grandfather) died.

I know after my mom passes away (hopefully not for a long, long time), my family (term used extremely loosely) will forget about me. And I'm a bit of a loner (no friends), which means that other than seeing my coworkers at work, I'm pretty much going to be alone. Geez, my potential future kind of sucks.

Comment

Trinity, your family sounds a lot like mine. If I didn't know better I'd say we're related. That said, that type of bs sucks *hugs*
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

Exterminatus solves all.

Comment

Thanks, Caelia. It's nice to know I'm not the only one stuck with crappy family.

Comment

Working out an arrangement with Pesta...

Just in case.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm cranky the gift bags aren't working out as hoped, though I am happy to see my card for V is coming together. Admittedly I'm nit-picking with even that, and that makes me feel like I suck at everything.
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X