Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
    I'm cranky the gift bags aren't working out as hoped, though I am happy to see my card for V is coming together. Admittedly I'm nit-picking with even that, and that makes me feel like I suck at everything.
    I will love it regardless.

I just finished making a piggy bank for the bf out of a mason jar, and I swear, I must have the WORST spray painting skills in history. It looks awful.

Mostly art.

Comment

The part that's killing me with all of this is Elmer's seems to have changed their glue formula so it runs everywhere. At least I got to work with it and the acrylic paint for a cool effect.

Also, I shouldn't freehand copperplating. And maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself tonight :\
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Why is it that when I want to fight, everyone's offline or in bed? Even the dog's asleep. Wtf, people?!
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I work third shift. I live with my bf his brother and his gf and ny bfs parents. The other couples have dogs. When they go out they bark all day keeping me up or making me wait before I can go to bed. They scold the dogs very loud and wake me up. I can't sleep. This family is so loud and I.have to big of a heart to be loud on my nights off. I think I'm going to get a dog whistle and keep them up all night for a couple nights.

Comment

Ok dude who I do not know, a week or so ago you begged me for Vampires. I provided you with Vampires.

I know you've been around - you have hatchlings that were laid on the 6th.

Y u no check your frikkin PMs and take Vampires?!!

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              Ok dude who I do not know, a week or so ago you begged me for Vampires. I provided you with Vampires.

I know you've been around - you have hatchlings that were laid on the 6th.

Y u no check your frikkin PMs and take Vampires?!!
              ....derp?
              ahh well
              some things I am not meant to understand!

On a totally awesome (sarcasm) note, when the hospital VP comes by and asks for the security supervisor, at the same time the security supervisor is called upstairs because of a security emergency, there is NO right answer! She is gonna be a bitch, and he is going to find a way to make it your fault...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                ....derp?
                ahh well
                some things I am not meant to understand!
                I play a collectible game involving dragon eggs. Some kid begged me for some Vampire dragons, which I now have for him... only he won't answer his PMs advising him that his Vampires are available. It's been like, a week now.

He's got til Monday. Then they go bye-bye because I've already got enough Vampire dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  I play a collectible game involving dragon eggs. Some kid begged me for some Vampire dragons, which I now have for him... only he won't answer his PMs advising him that his Vampires are available. It's been like, a week now.

He's got til Monday. Then they go bye-bye because I've already got enough Vampire dragons.
                  Ahh, I see, you are kinder than I.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

ear plugs...and a white noise machine or fan or something that makes a continuous noise to drown out the background occasionally.

Oh, and citronella based bark collars are supposed to work pretty well. I never had to try one with my lab, since we lucked out on reducing her stimulus for barking as part of her obedience training, but that was going to be my next try if it hadn't worked.

...I spent six years in the Navy, two of them on a ship, one year in a 50 person berthing where my rack was on top of the anchor locker--and I worked nights for a portion of it, another year in a 30 person berthing on top of an engine room...and another year and a half working 12 hour nights on shore duty. I used to be a super light sleeper, but now...if I have enough background noise, I can sleep through just about anything (if its mostly quite, I still wake up at the drop of a hat)
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

reply with quote just left me no quote, and since I'm using xbox internet the ability fix anything sucks!!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

You know, I'm all for checking yourself and your perspective for possible bias. I do that and find where I need to check myself. But when I'm told to "think of the sex offender" because I think it's bull to kick out children from a church so they can hire a pastor who's a sex offender I'm considered "closed-minded"? This person is the same one who bitched and moaned because fast food mascots were presented as overweight because "it implies all fat people are fast food junkies". This person is the reason the Social Justice Sally meme exists.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                          You know, I'm all for checking yourself and your perspective for possible bias. I do that and find where I need to check myself. But when I'm told to "think of the sex offender" because I think it's bull to kick out children from a church so they can hire a pastor who's a sex offender I'm considered "closed-minded"? This person is the same one who bitched and moaned because fast food mascots were presented as overweight because "it implies all fat people are fast food junkies". This person is the reason the Social Justice Sally meme exists.
                          people... yeah sorry, some of them just are....

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            people... yeah sorry, some of them just are....
                            Yeah, now this person wants to try the angle of "it's a hoax and you should be ashamed of participating in libel". I decided to ask her if she just wants to preach.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm a big meanie resorting to personal attacks. This chick makes me sound like the Medusa of the Kemetic world or something. Given how I'm pretty meek this is funny to me.

- - - Updated - - -

...I should really read the semantics of that. I don't think Medusa has ever resorted to personal attacks on the forum. Somehow, though, she's still considered a big meanie, which was my intent with that post :P
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Essential oils give me headaches. I'm going to a girl's night thing next saturday, and we have to bring something from our house to regift to someone else (one of those big secret santa things) ...anyhow, I already gave away a bunch of stuff, so I decided to make an 'all natural spa kit'. It worked out well, but I LOVE the smell of peppermint, and I think I overdid the foot scrub. I hope nobody minds.

now the whole house smells like peppermint, and my head hurts.

Mostly art.

Comment

At first I was like is that Medusa like me, Medusa? Then I'm like oh it's about me!
                                *I just sit in my cage on a pink fluffy pillow waiting to rawwwr and hiss myself at someone. It's lonely in here.
                                *turns on tv

Anywho, I read that story briefly on-line somewhere. I almost thought I might have been reading an article by The Onion. Or hoping. Really really hoping.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X