THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

What a bunch of sissies! It's just words on a screen! What's wrong with you?!?!

Kidding!!!

No, really! I'm only teasing. Put down that frying pan! Ow!! OWW!!! Okay, okay, I take it back!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
      I know this is off topic, Jembru, but I just noticed your signature. I watched that episode of IT Crowd just this morning. Weird coincidence. XD
      I came here to drink milk and kick ass.. and I'm all out of milk! I love Moss. He reminds me of JP. If you could clone some kind of cross between Moss and David Mitchell, the result would be JP!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Nah, it has so rarely ever caused any problems before, that I think this was just a case of a thread going ferrel. I wouldn't think either a disclaimer or a ban is necessary. Failing that, you could join me in cowards corner. We could start our section of fluffy debates where we argue which pony has the prettiest mane and what who would win a fight between Hello Kitty and Piglett...
        Knowing me, though, it'd end up like this:

my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Nah, it has so rarely ever caused any problems before, that I think this was just a case of a thread going ferrel. I wouldn't think either a disclaimer or a ban is necessary. Failing that, you could join me in cowards corner. We could start our section of fluffy debates where we argue which pony has the prettiest mane and what who would win a fight between Hello Kitty and Piglett...
          Hello kitty totally wins, piglet is too sweet to fight!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          We sell mace. I'm gonna ask my boss if I can carry it on me at work.

Or...really carry a machete with me! We sell them too! And axes and hammers!
          carry the machete, axes and hammers are easier to take away!

is it wrong to be mad at someone for actions they take while sleeping? Because my husband is trying to kill me in his sleep... He rolls over onto me, covers my face with his hand, and occasionally throws me off of the bed, it has been happening more often recently and I don't like it.... Maybe it is stress related and will go away when things calm down...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            is it wrong to be mad at someone for actions they take while sleeping? Because my husband is trying to kill me in his sleep... He rolls over onto me, covers my face with his hand, and occasionally throws me off of the bed, it has been happening more often recently and I don't like it.... Maybe it is stress related and will go away when things calm down...
            I saw something like this on Embarrassing Bodies. They sent the guy to anger management because he was bottling up his frustrations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW_iP...feature=fvwrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDPV3m5pIE
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I saw something like this on Embarrassing Bodies. They sent the guy to anger management because he was bottling up his frustrations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW_iP...feature=fvwrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDPV3m5pIE
              Nope, not that bad yet, but there are times I sit and talk to him and can't tell he is asleep. He also says he doesn't dream... Or remember his random, unpleasant conversations. It is a good thing I am working evenings I guess because it means I can go back to sleep after he leaves...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

This is absolutely sickening. This is video of a woman just walking down the street when some guy runs up behind her and hits her hard enough to knock her out. Then the guy just takes off. What the heck is wrong with people?!

Comment

I'm so done with this parenting thing today. Worst two days of my life. I'm ecstatic to go to work tomorrow.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I really just want to go home. If I end up vomiting on the floor, not only will I not get sent home (they will make me go to the ER upstairs) I'll have to pay for it on top of not getting paid for a whole day...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Looking around the forum, being in chat, and checking facebook every 5 minutes is NOT getting my work done. Damnit procrastination.

Comment

Almost?!!!

Where have you been hiding?

I haven't seen you pop up in ages!
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Almost?!!!

you missed her, she was in chat for a while too! we were keeping her from accomplishing important things...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Almost?!!!

Real life got in the way! Stooopid real life.

Comment

Almost?!!!

Yeah, I got to witness the Almost sighting too. It was glorious.

My rant: I can't wait until this festival is over. Some things are hard to give up. At least Azazel was right in how it isn't like the length of Lent.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                                Real life got in the way! Stooopid real life.
                                NAT! *tackle-hug-roll-through-a-pile-of-leaves* I was just complaining a few weeks ago that I missed you!

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X