THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I need to go home. I am sick and honestly should not have come in today, If I am asked to "go home and come back in 4 hours" to "help" with another 8 hour shift, again, I will loose it... I have the right to say no I cannot come in last minute, and leave me alone.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Animal hair/fur on clothes irritates the crap out of me.
      In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

8pm and I'm having my first food for the day.
        Sometimes my work weekends sucks.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
          Animal hair/fur on clothes irritates the crap out of me.
          I love my big thick winter coat with it's hood and cuffs lined with pure Polyestersaurus fur.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            I love my big thick winter coat with it's hood and cuffs lined with pure Polyestersaurus fur.
            That's a different thing, though. At least from what I meant. If it's a fur coat or whatever, that's fine. It's meant to be there.
            I meant pet hair clinging to clothes, that's what irritates me. It looks bad and it makes me want to wash it straight away!
            In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

F OFF. I've been funny with you for days cause i dont want you around!!! I dont want a boyfriend. I dont want you to buy me xmas presents and constantly text me and constantly complain i never see you and never have time for you. I NEVER HAVE TIME FOR ANYONE!!! I dont want to lend you my xbox games, i dont want to go round for tea. IM BUSY, get over it!!

Comment

I have had it up to HERE with patronizing platitudes!

It's not help. It's not support. It doesn't change the facts. It only pours salt on open heart surgery (by way of a machete and chainsaw) and dumps way more fuel to the already out-of-control conflagration!

WTF ever happened to understanding and compassion? Why didn't anyone inform me of its extinction?!?

Gods, I hate people!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Job application forms.... I hate choo!

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
                    Job application forms.... I hate choo!
                    Just had the Mammy Lady over at mine because she was struggling with an application. Job centre have changed their site and it's ridiculous. CV HAS to be a word doc.. sod those who use something other than word, or you know.. can't afford Microsoft office because.. that's right THEY'RE UNEMPLOYED. They just make it harder and harder. You have to jump through hoops, and the hoops get higher and smaller all the time.. I hate it.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can't wait for Christmas to be over. It's not even December and the commercials are terrible. I truly hate this season. Hate it.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Just had the Mammy Lady over at mine because she was struggling with an application. Job centre have changed their site and it's ridiculous. CV HAS to be a word doc.. sod those who use something other than word, or you know.. can't afford Microsoft office because.. that's right THEY'RE UNEMPLOYED. They just make it harder and harder. You have to jump through hoops, and the hoops get higher and smaller all the time.. I hate it.
                        Because ive had 8 jobs plus 2 volunteer placements in 5 years, most of the time ive had 2 jobs at once, i hate filling out the job history section.

Luckily ive never had to go to the job centre but ive never heard good things

Comment

I can't stand feeling all emotional. Like a friggin roller coaster- up and down and up and down. I hate hate hate it!

One day I'm fine and it can last for a few months then BOOM right down to fear doubt and all round craziness. What the heck is up with me? x
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            They make a free software, Jem, called Open Office. It operates like Microsoft Office, but isn't. The upside though? When you save, you can save documents as .doc files.

Might help!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              They make a free software, Jem, called Open Office. It operates like Microsoft Office, but isn't. The upside though? When you save, you can save documents as .doc files.

Might help!
                              I second this! OpenOffice is awesome!
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

V, Perz, JP installed that on her comp. I was worried because I use something a bit like that called Abi Word, but that lets me read and edit files written in Microsoft office, but microsoft office can't read files I have written on Abi Word (although I never thought to try something as simple as checking they are saved as .doc files!! Thanks for the advice.

I really so badly want this poor woman to find work. So much is against her: too much experience at the top end of retail which puts off the inexperienced managers that retail is so littered with these days (screw the fact that her track record proves she could increase profits and improve the way places are being run), most managing jobs go to friends of existing managers, hense the problem we have with so many poor managers trying to run an already stuggling industry. There is her age too, not to mention the fact that she is just one of tens of thousands of people in the same situation, because more and more shops are closing all the time.

There is so little hope of her finding work and she is so depressed. One day she had a good job as a department manager, the next day they showed up to work to be told their wages won't be in their accounts and to go home because the company has gone into liquidation. it was THAT sudden. My mum's branch had been making profits as usual, so it made no sense. No bail out, no take over, no redundancy package. And now my sister and I (mainly me, my sister just pays off a credit card SHE ran up debt on), are left to carry her. She does get benefit, but she made the mistake of thinking if she took out her pension she'd be better off and wouldn't need us to help. Instead, they froze all other benefits so that she was getting EXACTLY the same money. Fair I guess, but devastating because this was almost 3 years ago and now my mother won't have a pension when she is older. She is scared to put on her heating and sits around in a coat, because the energy company had been charging her off an estimate and one day checked the meter and said she owed them hundreds of pounds (after she was made unemployed). So they take the best part of her benefit money in repayments and have been doing so for just under 2 years.

It breaks my heart. This woman who worked hard and gave her family everything she could, just doesn't deserve to be in this situation. She will be in poverty forever now, I am sure of it. I have cast and cast and cast for her. I have removed blocks (which at least motivated her for a while and she did get a cheque for a few hundred pounds of overpaid tax), but there is nothing magic can do for her. I'm not sure why there's nothing, but I have tried everything and I'm out of options and out of hope.

I dread the dog dying. She has said on too many occasions that she'd kill herself if the dog didn't need her. She says he's the only person who needs her. She says she's a financial burden to us so would be doing us a favour if she died and I really think she means it when she says it. Of course, she is on antidepressants, but the doctor has stopped issuing a repeat perscription and wants to see her in person. She is now extremely stressed and depressed because she thinks he's going to tell her to come off them. She says she is so depressed even with the pills, that she honestly thinks it will be the end of her, dog or no dog, if she were to come off them.

Life is cruel. Sometimes you have to wonder why this kind of thing is allowed to happen to good people..
                                Last edited by Jembru; 26 Nov 2012, 08:39.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X