Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Dear Kemetic Community:

I'm getting sick and tired of everyone trying to say a date is wrong for Wep Ronpet because of the date it would be observed on the Julian calendar. If we weren't using the Gregorian calendar in most of the Western world that would be fine. But that's not the case. We use the Gregorian calendar and have in most of the Western world since roughly the 17th century or so. In fact, when you convert the dates you'll see that Wep Ronpet is actually sometime in August on the Gregorian calendar. Please stop using the Julian calendar for your information.

-Me
    Last edited by Caelia; 18 Dec 2012, 00:40.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I managed to screw my computer all to hell by messing with the registry and had to restore to factory default.

I'm gonna have to redo like five chapters worth of work... and redownload my H-games...

Still, at least I didn't brick my computer like the last time I did something stupid like this.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The latest SAO episode makes me rage.
        Circe

Comment

Boredom and loneliness has gotten to me lately. Must find ways to pass the time.
          [4:82]

Comment

GRRR... I hate it when people from my past decide to email me, after disappearing two - five years! And then it's awkward because I can't remember who the hell they are!!! >_<
            And then they get so butt hurt like, "You really don't remember me?" and make me feel bad... but if they really was some kind of friend and all, why would they drop communication for years at a time in the first place???? I don't have a habit of being silent with my friends or disappearing for years, then get bored one day and think, "hey, let me send an email to so and so, and maybe they will remember me!". Sigh... u_u

Just venting because I feel uncomfortable that someone named "psycho panda" contacted me right now, all buddy-buddy, expecting me to remember him... or her. When I haven't heard from this person since 2009. And apparently at that time I had the same question of, "I'm sorry... who are you again?" in that email. And they replied, "Oh right... I haven't chatted with you since 2006. Well, I'm all grown up now and a sophomore in college!" I still don't know who it is or where I met them... @_@
            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Damnit! watching Buffy is NOT doing work. Making xmas decorations is NOT doing work. Pull it together Nat! Assignment is due in less than a week and youve done bugger all work!

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                I managed to screw my computer all to hell by messing with the registry and had to restore to factory default.

I'm gonna have to redo like five chapters worth of work... and redownload my H-games...

Still, at least I didn't brick my computer like the last time I did something stupid like this.
                Never mess with the registry!

This is the most important thing I've learned being a part time n00b computer geek.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

First thing you do if you are gonna mess with the Reg is back it up first.then it is easy to repair it after the shit hits the fan so to speak.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hate each and every person who has their beliefs figured out. Because I can't do it.

What do I believe in? I don't know. No amount of thinking and figuring and dreaming makes me figure it out. Do gods exist? If they do, they don't talk to me. Are spirits real? Maybe? Maybe not? Does magic exist? I can pretend it does. Does being atheist make me happy? Nope.

I'm in a bad mood. I'm sorry.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I hate each and every person who has their beliefs figured out. Because I can't do it.

What do I believe in? I don't know. No amount of thinking and figuring and dreaming makes me figure it out. Do gods exist? If they do, they don't talk to me. Are spirits real? Maybe? Maybe not? Does magic exist? I can pretend it does. Does being atheist make me happy? Nope.

I'm so sorry that you're in a bad mood, but it's okay to be, I think. We all need to go through a bad mood, every once in a while. Hugs!
                      But, I want to let you in on a little secret about me... I'm not 100% sure if Gods or Goddesses exist. I believe in a few, because I choose to, but I have this idea of "Maybe they do exist, maybe they don't. Maybe the deities listen to me and touch my soul in chanting and meditation or maybe it's just all in my own imagination. Maybe we are being looking over by the divine, but maybe it's all just a creative invention of man." Then I shrug and move on. The real truth is, no one really knows or have it all figured it. Some may claim it, but they really don't. Because no one knows where we go when we die, why bad things happen to people, why the world works the way it does. Heck, no one can really figure out completely all of the functions of a human brain, scientists are still discovering parts of it and it's functions. Humans are very complex beings within themselves and it's hard to figure out ourselves or each other, let alone to understand and know completely about unseen higher beings than ourselves (aka: Gods, spirits, etc.). So, don't beat yourself up over it. You're no more in the dark than anyone else. Or so, that's my two cents. ^_^
                      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

*hugs*

I was much happier when I decided it didn't matter if they were all real or not. Even if its all in my head, it works for me...and fuck anyone that has a problem with that!!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I've learned not to say "fuck them" when it comes to thoughts. Some folks are premature ejaculators.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            *hugs*

I was much happier when I decided it didn't matter if they were all real or not. Even if its all in my head, it works for me...and fuck anyone that has a problem with that!!
                            Amen to that!
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I really don't want to be doing my medication competency assessment. I know it's important because.. well, medication, but must we do this every single year? It's sooo looong and I wanted to work on my diploma tonight. I COULD leave this and hand it in on the deadline in January, but my inner swat wants to hand it in tomorrow, all complete and perfect, because that's what I always do when I'm handed work.. you know, I'm so annoyingly square that even I would bully me...

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                              I've learned not to say "fuck them" when it comes to thoughts. Some folks are premature ejaculators.
                              Hahaha, and of course, you never know what you might catch...
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I feel horrible. It hurts to swallow and breath. At least it's better than that fever-feels-like-a-knife-in-my-body thing I had yesterday
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X